Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

4 hours ago, Saint-Reece said:

So you are assuming all of Lyanco, ABK and Bednarek go, right?

Have a horrible feeling we cant get rid of Lyanco sadly - think Bednarek stays and ABK goes. 1 in, 1 out.

If Lyanco has a knee issue, who is going to gamble on him? I agree with you. Bednarek stays and ABK goes. 

Just now, Farmer Saint said:

So was RM talking about himself in the third person? As the quote says "he hopes so". 

Ah. Gotcha.

Do you think when asked, RM would say "he hopes so" or do you think RM said "I hope so" and the poster was just paraphrasing?

It matters not. Sulemena is out of here. The only reason he doesn't leave is if his suitor fails to meet our asking  price, which so far they have. 

2 hours ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Looks like mccarthy to everton has fallen through due to his high wage demands

I wonder if he is asking for a wage similar to what he was on before it was cut due to him not playing enough first team games (i.e. about £90k a week) or a wage similar to what he has now, whatever that is?

He may feel there is not much point moving (to play second fiddle) if it's on the same money, all be it at a Prem side. That said, he suspect he may feel we have messed him about/treated him unfairly, so is keen to depart. Just got to get the right deal. Certainly not one where he earns less than he does not, which may have been the case at Luton. 

Our pal Nixon is saying Sheff Utd will go for Piroe if they can't get Archer from Villa.

Obviously no idea on this or if we are really interested in Piroe but I guess it depends on whether Adams stays or not...

Really need to start firming up the exits to be able to make moves.

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Box said:

He has, I know him

he certainly secured him decent deals at exactly the right time from us.  Hope he doesn't overplay his hand this time around. Still a few slots available I guess.

Just now, Dusic said:

Our pal Nixon is saying Sheff Utd will go for Piroe if they can't get Archer from Villa.

Obviously no idea on this or if we are really interested in Piroe but I guess it depends on whether Adams stays or not...

Really need to start firming up the exits to be able to make moves.

Unless someone makes a decent offer for Che/Onuachu, what can we do? Downes apart, it's most likely a one in one out situation right now.

6 minutes ago, Chez said:

Unless someone makes a decent offer for Che/Onuachu, what can we do? Downes apart, it's most likely a one in one out situation right now.

It’s probably three or four out before we see someone coming in, looking at the squad we’ve still got.

centre backs as it stands are:

ABK

Stephens

Bednarek

Lyanco

Awe

Discounting Simeu as I don’t know anything about him apart from loans to lower leagues.

If ABK departs as expected, another defender is needed, if Lyanco goes - sold, loan or released, Awe will be the fourth choice CB but if Bednarek departs another CB is required. That’s how I see it. 

3 hours ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Looks like mccarthy to everton has fallen through due to his high wage demands

Perhaps the club could pay the difference between the wage Everton are offering and what he was on here? No idea how much the figures are but must be cheaper than keeping him here?

2 hours ago, revolution saint said:

No, Sulemana wasn’t there and neither was Simeu. Just realised that Ballard wasn’t either. Funniest moment was watching Sam AA tackle Tall Paul. 
Edozie and Larios sat out the sprints but took part in the ball oriented exercises.

Is Simeu injured? Very little talk about him. CBs can take time to mature, but with us dropping down a division you would hope he was good enough to push for a first team place this year. Possibly another loan? Not sure we'd hear much about it until it happens.

Could Ballard have been training with u21s, as they have a game n Friday?

3 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

centre backs as it stands are:

ABK

Stephens

Bednarek

Lyanco

Awe

Discounting Simeu as I don’t know anything about him apart from loans to lower leagues.

If ABK departs as expected, another defender is needed, if Lyanco goes - sold, loan or released, Awe will be the fourth choice CB but if Bednarek departs another CB is required. That’s how I see it. 

Simeu is more experienced than Awe. He's a senior player, so he can't be discounted. We still have to pay him. 

Lyanco won't be released. You don't release players with years left on their contract. That's like burning money. He may depart, but it's not looking likely at this moment in time.

ABK departs and another will come in. For sure.

One in, one out. 

7 minutes ago, Saints4Prem said:

Perhaps the club could pay the difference between the wage Everton are offering and what he was on here? No idea how much the figures are but must be cheaper than keeping him here?

Could work, but what if he is on £50k here, Everton will pay him £40k, but he wants £70k. Then what? Do de pay £30k a week for him to play for Everton. Fuck no.

14 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Guys can someone point me to the place where all the gossip from today's open training session is.

Assume the goalkeeper shirt wearing be nicer guy was there with his telephoto lens, did any speak to him ? 

Apparently there was a dawn raid this morning so the Pink Panther was unable to attend.

Edited by Miltonaggro
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It’s probably three or four out before we see someone coming in, looking at the squad we’ve still got.

No, not that simple. It depends on who the outs are, in position and status.

For various reasons if any of KWP, ABK, Tella or Adams were to go they need to be replaced.

Perraud, Djenepo, McCarthy, Onuachu etc could go without being replaced.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chez said:

Is Simeu injured? Very little talk about him. CBs can take time to mature, but with us dropping down a division you would hope he was good enough to push for a first team place this year. Possibly another loan? Not sure we'd hear much about it until it happens.

Could Ballard have been training with u21s, as they have a game n Friday?

Simeu was due to leave this week apparently. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Yes, but you forget he brought in Lumley to add to our stable of top class goalies. 

To be honest I think he was brought in for the benefit of Dean Thornton, so he can reach the GK coaching manuals on the top shelf in his office.

1 hour ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Move on! If he’s already dubious about the move, just stay clear of him.

Reiterated it before, we only want folk who want to wear the shirt, if he’s not excited about a move to a top English team with proven pathways for players whom perform well to bigger and better things, then that’s his loss and not ours.

Sell Genk Onuachu back for £10m, take the loss and move on from this “swap deal” - plenty of others more than capable than him and Paintsil, Onuachu is offering us f**k all every week, reinvest the money towards a new Forward/Winger that wants to help Saints push back to the Prem other than sitting on their arse collecting a paycheck each week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pilchards said:

Previous directors of football at our club would have sold Livermento for 25m, Lavia 35m tops and JWP probably 20m.

Yes he’s certainly getting us top dollar and I still think it’s going to continue if and when we sell others.

Previous directors of football brought the likes of Mane, VvD, Pelle, Tadic, and OR to replace sold players. Let’s see who Wilcox brings in to replace what’s been sold before hailing his “genius”. There’s no point in selling players for top dollar,  if you just waste the money bringing a load of shite in. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GDog07 said:

Sell Genk Onuachu back for £10m, take the loss and move on from this “swap deal” - plenty of others more than capable than him and Paintsil, Onuachu is offering us f**k all every week, reinvest the money towards a new Forward/Winger that wants to help Saints push back to the Prem other than sitting on their arse collecting a paycheck each week.

Good idea but I have spotted an obvious problem in your proposal.

• Haha 1

Just now, Badger said:

Good idea but I have spotted an obvious problem in your proposal.

How much are they hoping to take him back for? Do you reckon we’d be struggling to get even half back of our £15/16m?

We’re obviously going to have to subsidise his wages too, but the £k’s we’d save on paying his weekly wage for doing nout could go towards another player.

22 minutes ago, GDog07 said:

How much are they hoping to take him back for? Do you reckon we’d be struggling to get even half back of our £15/16m?

We’re obviously going to have to subsidise his wages too, but the £k’s we’d save on paying his weekly wage for doing nout could go towards another player.

Their record signing cost about £6m and Onuachu wage will be bigger than anything Genk have ever paid, even with a relegation cut, probably.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

There’s an obvious hole in your argument…

Surely we must be a better proposition than an Belgian Pro League side with little to no European football, or maybe we aren't anymore to some folk, but I still feel like we're still a good team to showcase any talent you might have, if you're looking for a move to a big side in the future - we're at least proven not to stand in the way of folk if such a possibility of a move arises.

Vincent Kompany obviously thought Burnley in the Championship was a far better option for his career than Anderlecht in the Belgian Pro.

If Onuachu couldn't do it, and it seems ALOT of folk on here were dying to get Tall Paul to sign, then Paintsil probably ain't going to be a big loss either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Guys can someone point me to the place where all the gossip from today's open training session is.

Assume the goalkeeper shirt wearing be nicer guy was there with his telephoto lens, did any speak to him ? 

I could have done but all the posts were deleted.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

Simeu was due to leave this week apparently. 

Bit of an odd one, successful loans in L2 and L1 in last 2 seasons, he was highly rated in both, you would think a step up to Championship would be a logical step, but he hasn't been seen or heard of either with the first team or u21s. What happened to Thierry Small as well?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VectisSaint said:

Bit of an odd one, successful loans in L2 and L1 in last 2 seasons, he was highly rated in both, you would think a step up to Championship would be a logical step, but he hasn't been seen or heard of either with the first team or u21s. What happened to Thierry Small as well?

Last season he didn't play throughout his loan, and was benched towards the end. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Juice said:

Been working all day, thought i'd check in on today's developments... seems there are none? maybe Downes has the shits? 

The medical report says it's coming out of both ends.

Edited by CB Fry

12 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

I think he has been well liked by the fans at clubs due to good social media, but not sure he has been hugely impressive. 

Small had a woeful loan at Port Vale (not getting in the match day squad) and then a difficult loan in Scotland, getting sent off a couple of times.  Still only 19, so could still come good, but needs to start making progress.