Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

12 minutes ago, Saint_Ash said:

Are you serious? You piss and moan constantly because we're selling our players and not bringing in enough quality and then piss and moan when our best defender is staying. You couldn't make it up. 

Read my posts and please point to where I've moaned that we are / were selling ABK. Spolier, you wont be able to. 

We have 4 CB's already at the club who'll expect to start - We do not have room for ABK as well. I'm sure everyone at the club was expecting him to leave and have signed Holgate or THB as a replacement.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Yeah fucking hell, who does he think he is? Why would anyone want their best CB to start. 

I don't think he is our best CB. He looked weak as piss in many games last season. Half hearted and couldn't be arsed.

Who knows what type of crap he'll throw in, in the championship with even less motvation. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dman said:

Read my posts and please point to where I've moaned that we are / were selling ABK. Spolier, you wont be able to. 

We have 4 CB's already at the club who'll expect to start - We do not have room for ABK as well. I'm sure everyone at the club was expecting him to leave and have signed Holgate or THB as a replacement.  

I'm still holding on to the hope that we can palm Bednarek off to someone before the window shuts later.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dman said:

Agree we don’t have room for 4 CBs. Let’s get rid of Janny B

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I'm still holding on to the hope that we can palm Bednarek off to someone before the window shuts later.

Bednarek is one of those we already know isn't good enough for the prem. Don't need him for us to succeed at this level, and don't want him if we reach the level above. Would love to see the back of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smirking_Saint said:

If we manage to keep KWP, Sully, ABK, Che and add THB and Stewart then I think we can all agree this has been an excellent window so far

I'm still going to rate the window 4 out of 10 though whatever happens, just to keep the door open on becoming a member of the SaintsWeb Forum Hindsight Club in 9 months time should our season go tits up at some point... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, trousers said:

I'm still going to rate the window 4 out of 10 though whatever happens, just to keep the door open on becoming a member of the SaintsWeb Forum Hindsight Club in 9 months time should our season go tits up at some point... ;)

You have already forfeited that honour by buying James Blunt tickets......

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

I don't think he is our best CB. He looked weak as piss in many games last season. Half hearted and couldn't be arsed.

Who knows what type of crap he'll throw in, in the championship with even less motvation. 

Probably a double edged sword for him. He needs to play to make an impression on the German squad with the Euro's coming up. Also he'll need to prove that he isn't a player that sulks as he doesn't get a move. He might not even get a chance in the team.

32 minutes ago, Dman said:

Lets be honest, we don't have room for ABK in our squad now. We're heavy at CB anyway, let alone another who'll expect to be a starter. 

If he sticks around, I hope he's made to train with the kids. HE absolutely jacked it in at the slightest sign of it being tough last season 

BUTT cHAT.

2 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

Bednarek is one of those we already know isn't good enough for the prem. Don't need him for us to succeed at this level, and don't want him if we reach the level above. Would love to see the back of him.

Yep. He may be 'alright' at this level, but he's not the future of the club at all. He's very much one of the reasons we are where we are now, and given the comments he made when he went on loan to Villa, I would be very happy to never see him play for us again.

5 minutes ago, trousers said:

Hmmm. Do you have any views on Sully and ABK staying?

31 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Saudi is interesting.

If you're a early 20s player, knocking on the door of your national team, do you really move there?

I wonder how many playing out there will get international call ups.

But of course, money talks......

Jordan Henderson for starters...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

I always think with Djenepo that although he’s not a great player, at least he seems to invest a lot of his money back into his community in Mali. So the wages aren’t being completely squandered. 

Plus he always seems to at least give 100% when playing, and doesn't seem to sulk, like some others that we know.

Edited by Dark Munster
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Dman said:

Yeah you’re right, Dortmund and Bayern Munich should have gone for Bednarek instead. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

26 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Agree we don’t have room for 4 CBs. Let’s get rid of Janny B

ABK doesn't mark that Armstrong out of the game lik eBednerak (other than 1 misake) did Saurday. He'd have been bullied and ran all over the park. 

Bednerak is / has been one of our better performers since his return in January. 

• Like 6

Even if we did manage to shift Onuachu, Djenepo, Bree and Aribo in the last few hours, I think we have too many players. Not really sure why we are signing Stewart with Che staying, Mara set to be given chances to develop and Armstrong another option at CF. Would also be a shame not to shift Bednarek in the last few hours as he is now quite a long way from the first eleven. Still, would rather too much strength in depth than too little.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Plus he always seems to at least give 100% when playing, and doesn't seem to sulk, like some others that we know.

I reckon Dnepo like a few other players Aribo etc will do well in this league. The team as a whole need to settle down and get to understand what Martin wants. That’s clearly happening already. Yeah they are on good money but some stability will do them some good.

Gonna mention Aribo again. Recent game he was brought on for the last 20 minutes or so and played well pinned the opposition down so we weren’t doing the old school of hanging on and often conceding.

Also think it’s handy we are playing away as well with the international break. I can imagine some dinlos at St Mary’s giving some of the players shit for having the temerity to want to move on.

• Like 1

Just now, mitch01 said:

Even if we did manage to shift Onuachu, Djenepo, Bree and Aribo in the last few hours, I think we have too many players. Not really sure why we are signing Stewart with Che staying, Mara set to be given chances to develop and Armstrong another option at CF. Would also be a shame not to shift Bednarek in the last few hours as he is now quite a long way from the first eleven. Still, would rather too much strength in depth than too little.

Not sure why signing Stewart?

• Like 1