Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

Im happy for any of our players to go as long as we get the money we want. Although I do hope we keep as many jewels as we can, I'm not holding my breath until September. 

Edited by SNSUN

55 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

If Liverpool do pay 50m I eagerly await them feeding their journo friends the line it wasnt as high as reported as they try to save face.

I get that Saints want to keep their cards close to their chest re fees received for obvious reasons, but this kind of fake news re fees irks me too. 

It feels like the big clubs controlling the agenda too much. Why can't the smaller clubs look good for once. Levy has this fantastic reputation as a proper bastard in the negotiating stakes. 

I'd like to see Saints given some praise for outstanding negotiations. 

39 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

It could take some time with Daniel ‘low ball’ Levy in charge of bidding. Or do you think he’ll bid more than the last WHU bid?

Nope, as with previous he will assume that the 'draw' of Spurs will get the player on board and force our hand.  He might be right. 

Tottenham would be a pretty good end result for JWP, tbf. It’s a bit of a small sweet spot of which clubs were going to be in for him, given his transfer fee, wages and age. Despite Levy being a tit I’d say there’s more chance of striking a deal with Spurs than West Ham. Either way, just reinforces my belief that I don’t think there’s any chance JWP stays and we’ve got a replacement lined up (likely Grimes).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SNSUN said:

Im happy for any of our players to go as long as we get the money we want. Although I do hope we keep as many jewels as we can, I'm not holding my breath until September. 

Don’t really get this stance myself ..what we see on the pitch is what’s important .: we support a football team not a business 

36 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Not that good (or tall!)never played for the first team but a decent lower league player. Still mates with some of the Bournemouth players and has a few stories to tell. 

Richard Cooke?

2 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Nope, as with previous he will assume that the 'draw' of Spurs will get the player on board and force our hand.  He might be right. 

If I was negotiating for Saints, I would look at the transfer fee Spurs received for Hojberg and add on another 25% to give a reasonable valuation for JWP>

Shame to lose him but I reckon JWP would do well for Spurs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

If I was negotiating for Saints, I would look at the transfer fee Spurs received for Hojberg and add on another 25% to give a reasonable valuation for JWP>

Unfortunately it’s a well trodden path for aspirational Southampton midfielders in recent years.  Completely different proposition from west ham and fulham. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

I think most people would be resigned if he went to Spurs. It's a clear step up and we may have struggled to keep him even if we'd stayed up. Just such a shame to lose him when he would be incredible at this level. 

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

If we sell Lavia and bring in Mcatee that's good business for me, I'd say need for a more creative midfielder is definitely a more pressing matter than DM.

I'd be delighted if we got McAtee but just can't see it happening unless Jason Wilcox has some influence.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Ben Jacobs is a bit of a chancer but it would be hilarious if they're getting scared into this by the prospect of him being cup-tied.

I doubt Liverpool are particularly bothered about him not being available in the League Cup. Having said that, I doubt Lavia will play tomorrow either, so it’s a moot point.