Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

7 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

All part of a new dawn - 

Controversial maybe but I'd possibly consider selling him for £20 million given he's barely kicked a ball in a year. It would be very disappointing no doubt but it might mean we could keep Tella or Alcaraz. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Controversial maybe but I'd possibly consider selling him for £20 million given he's barely kicked a ball in a year. It would be very disappointing no doubt but it might mean we could keep Tella or Alcaraz. 

Whats funnier is that fraser is apparently out of contract this summer too?

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Hi Andrew 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I get he has some experience but he's prkbably not worth more than about 5 million. Given his much publicised attitude problems, I'm not sure why we would want him. 

4 minutes ago, Scottie said:

Two years left on his contract.

I thought the little fat fuck had signed for Norwich. He will be on a fortune at Newcastle. No chance he plays in the championship unless Newcastle pay him millions to go away.

1 hour ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Relegated team in best players leave shocker…

Said no one ever. 

Face it lads, the best players will leave to go to teams actually in the premier league if they get a chance, and who can blame ‘em. 

Yeah but not for bloody discount prices too! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I don’t think they will have any bearing on each other at all. Tella and Alcaraz future will depend entirely on if they’re willing to stay and if someone is willing to stump up the asking price if not. Lavia, KWP and JWP are all going for a decent enough fee, we don’t need cash beyond that.

11 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I get he has some experience but he's prkbably not worth more than about 5 million. Given his much publicised attitude problems, I'm not sure why we would want him. 

he's worth absolutely nothing. He will be on £100k a week. Who else in the right mind is going to pay him that? No one is paying a fee for him.

Just now, Lighthouse said:

I don’t think they will have any bearing on each other at all. Tella and Alcaraz future will depend entirely on if they’re willing to stay and if someone is willing to stump up the asking price if not. Lavia, KWP and JWP are all going for a decent enough fee, we don’t need cash beyond that.

I don't agree. If it were the case that every player who wants to leave can go then we will lose basically everyone. I've already outlined why I don't believe we will be doing thay in this window. No doubt there will be a small group who would prefer to leave that we will out our foot down over. Getting in more cash strengthens our hand. 

1 minute ago, Chez said:

he's worth absolutely nothing. He will be on £100k a week. Who else in the right mind is going to pay him that? No one is paying a fee for him.

I don't want him and I'm not convinced we are in for him yet. I think it's quite possible that Tino will go but for me it has to be 20 million plus which Newcastle can more than afford. 

16 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

You want more than 30? Prepare to be disappointed. 

It’s Saudi money. We should be absolutely pulling their pants down if they want him. As with any club that makes a loaf of cash in sales, clubs know they’ve got loads of cash and raise prices accordingly. We should (but no doubt won’t) be after £30m and payment in full. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't agree. If it were the case that every player who wants to leave can go then we will lose basically everyone. I've already outlined why I don't believe we will be doing thay in this window. No doubt there will be a small group who would prefer to leave that we will out our foot down over. Getting in more cash strengthens our hand

Why? None of that cash is going in the players pockets. It’ll influence who we can afford to bring in but if a player is already under contract here then nothing changes. Either someone meets our demands or he stays.

2 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Fuck me Fareham, if we listened to you, nobody is leaving!

It’s a forum, everyone has an opinion. People on here make it out it’s going to be a fire sale. I think only the deadwood and maybe only a couple of main players will go.

Lavia looks on his way - and he’s the only one at this time I think will leave in terms of main players.

DCC, Orsic, Onuachu, Lyanco will all likely go.

It’s all a matter of opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Why? None of that cash is going in the players pockets. It’ll influence who we can afford to bring in but if a player is already under contract here then nothing changes. Either someone meets our demands or he stays.

Because if we sell say jwp and Lavia for about 100 million then there's a less pressing need to bring in money from other players. Presumably we'd have an idea of what money we'd like to bring in and how many players we can realistically sell in one window before it becomes an impossibility to be able to replace them all and have a successful championship team. 

• Like 2

Surely £12-15m is a non starter, whether the player wants to go or not. I agree, given his potential and how important he could be to our chances of promotion, it’s £30m minimum. Of course his injury history puts doubts on value for that price and therefore a deal shouldn’t go through. This is not a player we need to sell, I can’t understand why we would entertain selling at half our valuation. 

Had Tino not been injured for a year I’m sure his plan was 2 years with us and then move to a big club. It’s the usual timeframe for talents passing through and we would have been looking for that £36m value at least.

Ryan Fraser, we were linked with him before the January window. I hope that is agents rather than us having a genuine interest in a player with Prowsey wages that hasn’t played top level footy for a while, trains with their B Team and seemingly has an attitude problem. He wouldn’t fit Martin’s system either.

In summary, please make it make sense for me, I’m struggling

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

42 minutes ago, egg said:

And even weirder that he's a winger and Martin doesn't play wingers.  

And aged 29.

Doesnt really show joined up thinking at the club. 

Don’t think this will be a Wilkins/Mowbray inspired signing if it happens 

19 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

It’s a forum, everyone has an opinion. People on here make it out it’s going to be a fire sale. I think only the deadwood and maybe only a couple of main players will go.

Lavia looks on his way - and he’s the only one at this time I think will leave in terms of main players.

DCC, Orsic, Onuachu, Lyanco will all likely go.

It’s all a matter of opinion.

Agreed. Just a bit fearful of what the starting 11 looks like on August 4th.

• Like 1

Funnily enough when I saw an article on Toon selling Fraser I thought we’d be in for him. Not sure why, did Russel play with him for Scotland ? I guess we don’t really have any right sided players now Theo has gone, and he can play in the middle which if the Athletic article is to be believed is something Martin encourages of his wide players.

If that’s true, then £15m plus say £5m wage subsidy would be closer to our £30m

I can see this happening, journalists reporting this generally have some inside knowledge, and Tino will be on for a massive wage increase and can be eased back into action as Trippiers back up / ultimate replacement. Plus aren’t they in Europe - so he’ll get plenty of games.

Deep breath everybody this is how it will be. A lot of our decent players will be plucked away. It is going to hurt.

Tino is a promising talent but he is far from the finished product, plus he is still recovering from a serious injury. If somebody wants to pay £20 million plus, then it will probably happen.

Let's not be hypocrites. Chances are Saints will be cash rich by August, due to some decent recruitment. They'll use some of that money to pluck stars from other teams.

Even conservatives guestimates at possible values rakes in well over £200m. Tino (£20m) Lavia(£40m), JWP (£30m), Sullemana (£20m), Alcaraz(£20m), ABK(£15m), KWP(£15m) Onuachu(£10m), Bendarek(£5), Salisu(£5m) Stephens (£12m), Lyanco (£5m), Orrick (£5M), Tella(£12m), Adams (£15m).

Obviously they won't all be sold. New manager will say who he wants to keep and they sell around that.

I repeat what I said before, that lot took us down. We shouldn't be too upset at a fair number being sold.

Good news is that whatever happens the clubs FFP position will be healthy.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I think only the deadwood and maybe only a couple of main players will go.

have you inserted those words to cover yourself if indeed any of the likes of Tino, Perraud, Salisu, ABK, Che, KWP, JWP, Sulemana and Acaraz depart.

Which is it:
Lavia and no one else
Lavia and two more main players
Lavia and several other main players, but later, when things change

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Agreed. Just a bit fearful of what the starting 11 looks like on August 4th.

don't be fearful. You just need to come to terms with the fact that the players you actually want to keep are the ones that will inevitably depart. 

I am not at all suprised there is interest in Tino and the club won't be either.

I'm sure he will go, as will others because that tends to be the outcome after relegation and we actually have a number of individuals who are worth signing.

Regarding fees its a murky world because aside from the clubs nobody knows and there is so much spin. For example, he may have a contractual clause which is now relevant?

If there isnt a clause then I am sure there is no way we will be selling him for £12m, despite what the Newcastle friendly journos say. You only have to see the difference in the numbers of their Tonali deal to see this - the Italians said it was €80m, the NE lads said £50m.

But end of the day, he might be grateful to our physios but he is clearly going to want to join a CL team, and it may actually be better for his body to play fewer games than to be flogged through a gruelling Championship season.

We will raise a lot of cash as I think all of JWP, Lavia, KWP, ABK, Salisu, Alcaraz and Adams will go (some we will want to go due to contract status) but it will be hard for Martin and Wilcox to build a team until thats all happened.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chez said:

have you inserted those words to cover yourself if indeed any of the likes of Tino, Perraud, Salisu, ABK, Che, KWP, JWP, Sulemana and Acaraz depart.

Which is it:
Lavia and no one else
Lavia and two more main players
Lavia and several other main players, but later, when things change

I’ll write you a comprehensive list tomorrow if who I think will stay and go based on nothing more than my opinion, and I’ll back it up with some form of reasoning for each. 👍🏻

It’s been a long day today. 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Someone now reporting we want 30 million and Newcastle will need to bid 25. That seems a lot more reasonable to me. Still a blow but should allow us to strengthen elsewhere. 

Thought clubs might want to look at him for at least 6 months to see how that knee does.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, macca155 said:

Even conservatives guestimates at possible values rakes in well over £200m. Tino (£20m) Lavia(£40m), JWP (£30m), Sullemana (£20m), Alcaraz(£20m), ABK(£15m), KWP(£15m) Onuachu(£10m), Bendarek(£5), Salisu(£5m) Stephens (£12m), Lyanco (£5m), Orrick (£5M), Tella(£12m), Adams (£15m).

Who is selling paying Stephens for £12m, Joe Girard?

13 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

There's no way we should be selling for less than £35m. He's got three years left on his contract and before his injury looked like a future international / Champions League player in the making

Sorry mate but you're slightly deluded. There's no way we will get that sort of cash for him. We're officially a championship club now and you just don't get those amounts. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Alternatively, get a potential world class player for a relatively small amount. It's not like Newcastle aren't swimming in money. 

True but its a risk. He would only be back up for Trippier anyway next season. 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Sorry mate but you're slightly deluded. There's no way we will get that sort of cash for him. We're officially a championship club now and you just don't get those amounts. 

Ake went for over £40m when Bournemouth got relegated, Sissoko over £30m at Newcastle. I think it'll probably be in the £20-25m for someone with Tino's record, if he does go, but bigger fees are entirely plausible. Especially since we are financially stable and our better players have fairly long contracts. 

5 hours ago, saint lard said:

And there was me hoping to possibly keep some of the little talent we have and off load the dross…I fear it’s going to be vice versa….and spearheaded by a crap manager and clueless decision makers. 
Nothing surprises me anymore. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻

That's not what happens when you get relegated though is it.

I'm surprised that people seem to be surprised that our best players look likely to leave. Players want to play in the PL and injured or not, everyone knows Tino is quality and with his age it's not that much of a gamble. However that fee quoted is a joke. Absolute minimum of 30M should be the starting point, unless he has a release clause.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chez said:

You sure? He wasn't even as good as KWP and he won't be departing for £40m. 

Hmm you could argue tino had won the right back fight that season.. kwp was being switched to the left to get in 

id rather keep tino out of the two kwp is all twisting and turns with no end product 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

That's not what happens when you get relegated though is it.

I'm surprised that people seem to be surprised that our best players look likely to leave. Players want to play in the PL and injured or not, everyone knows Tino is quality and with his age it's not that much of a gamble. However that fee quoted is a joke. Absolute minimum of 30M should be the starting point, unless he has a release clause.

Relegated teams don’t tend to flog everyone that is good and keep the dross either though.

• Like 2