Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

2 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I am taking this link as pure fiction - no reporter can have shiter in his name

He's gotta put his crap somewhere till he gets his loo back so we'll let him off this time. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Imagine JWP is a floater on many teams recruitment lists depending on whether they can get their first choices.

He's a great technician though - no problem curling it round a u-bend.

• Haha 2

Must be pretty tricky for us to recruit at the moment as a lot of our needs depends on who goes ..needing new cms seems a given though ..

still think keeping hold of tella sulemana and Alcaraz is absolutely key if we do that we probably don’t need any surgery up front 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Hopefully our black box is a little more well developed than to find the likes of him.

Does the black box still exist?

Intermittent  state of ‘relaxed’ for the last few years I think.

(Lavia and Acarez aside). 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StrangelyBrown said:

Really?? 21 premier league games without a goal or assist - not exactly what I'd want replace JWP

He is a Schneiderlin type of player, not his role to score or assist. Would be more a Lavia replacement.

Obviously a Martin favourite.

Didn’t think it’d make sense for anyone to buy him this Summer until he’s proven he hasn’t lost a bit.

Wonder what kind of figure we’d take? I can’t imagine they’d want to spend big on a player who has spent so long out and I also can’t see any reason we’d sell at a low price.

32 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Didn’t think it’d make sense for anyone to buy him this Summer until he’s proven he hasn’t lost a bit.

Wonder what kind of figure we’d take? I can’t imagine they’d want to spend big on a player who has spent so long out and I also can’t see any reason we’d sell at a low price.

Yup - completely agree. You'd expect we'd want upwards of £30m for him, and no way someone like Brighton would be spending that on him. when he's been out for a season. He also wants to stay, so think it's a non starter unless a silly bid comes in.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Source...

ketchup_PNG20.png

Well placed source...

25520230-0-image-a-91_1583315837352.jpg

Wish MLG was around to tell you that ketchup doesn’t belong in the fridge so it’s not a well placed sauce.

on second thoughts …

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Wish MLG was around to tell you that ketchup doesn’t belong in the fridge so it’s not a well placed sauce.

on second thoughts …

Channelling MLG-energy, but surely it depends on whether the bottle's already been opened? 

I'll get my coat...

Edited by 23rdSaint
Spelling

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Yup - completely agree. You'd expect we'd want upwards of £30m for him, and no way someone like Brighton would be spending that on him. when he's been out for a season. He also wants to stay, so think it's a non starter unless a silly bid comes in.

Tino said he’s staying. He wants to repay the patience Saints had with him.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, manji said:

Remains to be seen whether we can build a team to win this league but we are going to have serious quality in certain positions if players like Tino, Alcaraz and Sulemana stay. Ridiculous quality for this level

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, manji said:

I don't think he has ever said that and why would he?

He may well be happy to stay but could be equally or more happy moving.

I doubt any of our players would turn down a PL move to stay in the Championship if it was a direct choice between the two.

That said, surely we would be quoting something starting with a 3. Brighton are cash rich after big sales and Caicedo cash to come but would they stretch to that? Who knows. He is definitely a class player.

2 minutes ago, Dusic said:

I don't think he has ever said that and why would he?

He may well be happy to stay but could be equally or more happy moving.

I doubt any of our players would turn down a PL move to stay in the Championship if it was a direct choice between the two.

That said, surely we would be quoting something starting with a 3. Brighton are cash rich after big sales and Caicedo cash to come but would they stretch to that? Who knows. He is definitely a class player.

Not too sure if they would yet. 

The guy has barely kicked a ball in 15 months, could see them seeing how he goes until January and bidding then. 

1 hour ago, James said:

If, and I stress if, we lose JWP to Fulham and Tino to Brighton in the same window then it just emphasises how much of a SR-induced fuck up last season was.

Agreed but it's very unlikely to happen. It's not physically possible to replace all of our players in one window and for that reason we won't be selling 15+ even if they all want to go. Tino is very unlikely to be one of the ones to leave unless they offer something stupid like 30 million but why on earth woukd they do that after his injury? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Imagine if Kotchap, Tino, Alcaraz and Sulemana just gave us 1 season.

Kotchap injury prone ,Tino out but recovering from promising start,Alcaraz did well in an uninspiring team,Sulemana was never picked enough to show any kind of consistency,tall Paul would we miss him?

1 hour ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

It was this: 

Nice sentiments and I am sure they are genuine.

But he isn't going to turn down a PL return at a decent club if one is offered.

None of our players will. Thats what happens when you get relegated.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dusic said:

I doubt anyone is going to pay the kind of money we'd ask for him.

He's been injured for a year so not worth the risk.

Of all the players I'd want to keep I'd be the most confident of Tino staying.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dusic said:

They might not turn them down, but we can. 

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

I doubt anyone is going to pay the kind of money we'd ask for him.

He's been injured for a year so not worth the risk.

Of all the players I'd want to keep I'd be the most confident of Tino staying.

Plus the fact popular views tells us he was absolutely knackered after about 7 games this season so no one is going to spend £38m on player who is fucked for a year after playing less than 1/4 of the season 

• Like 1