Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

I thought I may have missed him doing well at Bolton, but he only scored one goal in 13 appearances there. Amazingly, he made 12 Premier League appearances. No loss at all.

Their fans seem to rate him as a squad tbf. Wishing him all the best.

Looking forward to him scoring 18 in League Two at some point in the future and sections of our fanbase piping up with "HE NEVER GOT A FAIR CHANCE!!!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davefizzy14 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12230201/Southampton-set-sign-former-Chelsea-defender-Derrick-Abu.html

Article also states we have an interest in the Gambia central defender Dembo Saidykhan.

Can't wait for these random names to come out the woodwork again. Give me a Lucien Mettomo over a known entity any day of the week. 

14 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

60m for Mason Mount with his contract expiring next summer 🤯 yes we lost a bargaining chip when we were relegated but if we settle for anything less for JWP, we're idiots. Hes 3 years left on his contract too

Not quite the same though is it

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Tella stays?

1) bit disappointed our number doesn’t start with a 2 after his season last year 

2) if £18m is the number I’m surprised Burnley haven’t jumped on it, what number were they expecting?

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

1) bit disappointed our number doesn’t start with a 2 after his season last year 

2) if £18m is the number I’m surprised Burnley haven’t jumped on it, what number were they expecting?

Tella is worth 30k at today's prices. He puts the ball in the net---priceless. We need him

• Like 1

Out of the 4 City players we signed last season, 1 has shined.  The keeper and the left-back are shite.  The winger didn’t pull up any trees either.

I’m hoping this speculation is a load of fucking garbage.  It’s as if we throw money at City for shite.  Looks a bit dodgy to be honest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Wouldn't have even played him.

This. 

Why play players bought in in January when you can continue playing the players that have got us in the shit in the first place. 

Sport Republic took a lot it flack last year (rightly so in some areas) but they did dip their hands in their pockets and as much as some are saying the signings were shit were they all really given a chance?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Out of the 4 City players we signed last season, 1 has shined.  The keeper and the left-back are shite.  The winger didn’t pull up any trees either.

I’m hoping this speculation is a load of fucking garbage.  It’s as if we throw money at City for shite.  Looks a bit dodgy to be honest.

I think you're being ludicrously harsh on Larios.

He was out for most of the season with an injury.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

When he did play he looked like a 8 year old playing in an u15s team 

Yep. Will never have the size or power to be a PL/championship full back imo. He was a monumental waste of money. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s not just about height 

You've got that right. And for an 18 year old who was flung in at the deep end for a few games last season, he didnt disgrace himself. Much better than Small who was being touted as a future star when we signed him

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

You've got that right. And for an 18 year old who was flung in at the deep end for a few games last season, he didnt disgrace himself. Much better than Small who was being touted as a future star when we signed him

I saw him play and he put a challenge in on someone and bounced off him like a child trying to tackle their dad. He need to get on the weights and chicken breasts sharpish