Man Utd 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

Saint Fan CaM

I was speaking to Ron and Neil about this at the masonic lodge.

Lyanco as a front sweeper to cover the whole pitch and take out the ball recyclers JWP and Lavia.

-----------Bazunu-------------

KWP--Bednarek----ABK---Perraud

<<<<<<<<<Lyanco>>>>>>>>>>

--------------Aribo---------------

Sulemana--Stu---Walcott----Adams

• Haha 6

19 hours ago, James G said:

I think it's ok. It's about seeing the pass, and I think they'll be working on that. There's no point running and dribbling if there's no end product. If you look at his scouting reports, you'll see that this is where he needs improvement 

You think what's OK?  The reply doesn't seem to match my original post.

I thought my point was relatively clear. He was brought here to dribble and create. If (and I am not sure its the case) he has lost a bit of confidence and stops trying to do that, there is no point in him being in the side. I want to see him go at the fullback every single time he gets the ball in their half. He didn't do that in the last game, but hopefully he will at Man U. We need an outlet and a threat on he break and he has t be that man.

I didn't actually touch on his end product.  There hasn't been any so far, but for now, I'd just be happy to see him dribble and attempt to beat the fullback. We have got zero end product out of our other attacking wide men, such as Edozie, so it's not as though him failing to get a goal or an assist would be a step backwards. Not attempting to take his man on would be though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Saint Gifford said:

I’m guessing Man U will see this as a free hit.

We I guess will see anything other than 0 points as a bonus. 

Only both teams starting 11 on the day with give us any idea of how the game will go. 

If we are going to lose (fingers crossed we don't), then losing by one goal would be a bonus as our GD is one of the worst.

12 hours ago, Pengi said:

If we are going to lose (fingers crossed we don't), then losing by one goal would be a bonus as our GD is one of the worst.

Conversely, if we are going to win (fingers crossed we do), then winning by 1,000,0000,00,0,0,0,0000 goals would be a bonus as we would have the best GD.

1 hour ago, warsash saint said:

With the amount of snow up there, game still likely to be on??  I guess pitch will be OK, but outside ground etc 

Temperatures back in double figure across the country by Sunday so should be ok in theory...

Screenshot_20230310-112333.png

They're predictably and understandably confident of an easy win.

Whilst I have not been too impressed with us offensively, you cant overlook 2 clean sheets in 3. I think we will make it difficult for them but will go down to a 3-1 defeat.

Not the end of the world especially if other results go our way.

50 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Won’t be a win but I think we seem better defensively under Selles than we did under Jones.

Very much backs to the wall performance but I’d take a 3-0 defeat given United’s form (Liverpool aside).

Yup. A 'minimise the goal difference suffering' kind of game in prospect. Please no Bednarek.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

draw at best (unfortunately) and hope other results go for us.

draw would be a tremendous result. The Liverpool game was a just blip. They have been in tremendous form.  

9 hours ago, Chez said:

draw would be a tremendous result. The Liverpool game was a just blip. They have been in tremendous form.  

Agreed, the way they beat Barcelona on a Thursday and then won the cup v Newcastle on the Sunday shows they can cope with the fixture congestion,  don't think our extra rest since last game is any advantage. 

Just hope Liverpool do us a favour at Bournemouth and keep us off the bottom for now 

On 09/03/2023 at 23:01, JRM said:

20 unbeaten games at home? ..always a good time for a defeat.  Whilst last weeks nightmare v. Liverpool is only a bad ink blot

in United's club records, everyone has to lose sometime.

OUR DREAM SCENARIO... A goal for Onuachu,  a Prowsie "special" at Old Trafford to equal Beckham's record and a clean sheet for Bazunu..

What more can you ask... well,  I can dream can't I ?

21 hours ago, trousers said:

Temperatures back in double figure across the country by Sunday so should be ok in theory...

Screenshot_20230310-112333.png

Let's hope it's only the temperatures that make it to double figures 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Man Utd 0-0 Saints - Sunday 2pm
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Man Utd 0-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic