Man Utd 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

Saint Fan CaM

2 hours ago, Totton Saint said:

If Bournmouth can beat `Liverpool so we can beat Man U

At Old Trafford United will create plenty of goal scoring chances, the only way we get something is if we have a keeper and defence who can keep us in the game (we don't) or forwards who can score a few ourselves (we don't) so I'd be amazed if we get a point but fingers crossed. 

Watching Palace v Man City,  finally City got a goal, Palace just defended all game very negative side can see them getting dragged in 

5 minutes ago, JRM said:

Watching Palace v Man City,  finally City got a goal, Palace just defended all game very negative side can see them getting dragged in 

Palace are well in it now. Brighton and Arsenal away the next 2 games as well.

22 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Will be interesting, they are one of those sides who seem to play well against top sides and hit on the break, but if they lose those two suddenly will be 12 without a win with a tough trip to St Mary's to come in April.....

18 minutes ago, JRM said:

Will be interesting, they are one of those sides who seem to play well against top sides and hit on the break, but if they lose those two suddenly will be 12 without a win with a tough trip to St Mary's to come in April.....

Please tell me that is sarcasm :D

Worst home record in the league, 90th out of 92nd and all that… 

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

Follow a prominent Palace chap on Twitter (good value, by the by), and he's convinced they've developed a serious issue with goalshyness.

Points on the board, yes. But it wouldn't take many weeks to even that out.

Still think we're gone, personally. Who joins us is surprisingly wide open for this point in the season.

18 hours ago, Totton Saint said:

If Bournmouth can beat `Liverpool so we can beat Man U

Bournemouth seem to be playing pretty well. Fprget this United game, I worry we won't even be good enough to beat them. Fair bit of water to go under the bridge before then mind.

Other results do not matter. I'll stay rigid to my belief we need 5 more wins to stay up. and Its obvious we'll have to be extremely lucky to get even a point here. Those points can come later

Today is more about cementing a starting 11 that works well for each other.

I can’t make out how Utd will line up - 5 attacking players in Bruno, Rashford, Sancho, Antony and Weghorst.

I’d guess Bruno dropping deep and matching us but they only have 1 true CM/CDM.

Let’s come out the races like we did against City in league cup, though I suspect they’ll be trying to do the same, race to a 3/4-0 and then rest their players.

2 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Would prefer Salisu with Bella and tall Paul instead of Che.  Hopefully, we start to kick the shit out of them.  They don’t like it up ‘em.

Varane and Martinez too experienced for Onuachu just starting out in a new country. Adams is intelligent with his positioning and using his strength against defenders. 

2 hours ago, Saint Gifford said:

Let’s hope we wear our swirly waves kit🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣we need all the help we can get

Agreed. Just imagine how Bold and Brave our players will feel wearing it. They'll be strolling around Old Trafford unchallenged, singing "We wear what we want, we wear what we waaaaant, we are Southampton, we wear what we want!"

Lyanco will let rip with his trademark chest thumping Gorrilla Warcry™️ ... and United will simply wilt and cave under the pressure of such fearsome courageous behaviour.

• Like 1

Just now, Baird of the land said:

Is AMN injured?

Can't say i've much confidence in a defence featuring Bazanu, Bednarek and Perraud

Being reported as illness rather than injury. He's garbage anyway.

I thought it was just me who didn't really rate Perraud!

17 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Would prefer Salisu with Bella and tall Paul instead of Che.  Hopefully, we start to kick the shit out of them.  They don’t like it up ‘em.

Not from me.

Che holds it up well while Paul can’t even hold his own Willy.

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Not sure why we are persisting with Baz. The stats show that if the ball isn't right at him his save % is low. He's even let in a few that were right at him.

We need saves back there to grind out the results we need. 

Honestly mate I feel like I'm going nuts, seems to be so many people on here still defending him when he's been worse than anything we've had since Gunn. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Being reported as illness rather than injury. He's garbage anyway.

I thought it was just me who didn't really rate Perraud!

Not saying i've trenedous faith in AMN but he's been pretty decent at FB last few games. Personally think Perraud's very limited. His recent form has been atrocious too. Hopefully being dropped will result in a good reaction from Perraud.

31 minutes ago, BranfootsLoveChild said:

I might have missed the conversation on here but what is the obsession this season with playing Bazunu? I know Mccarthy is not fantastic but he has a hell of alot more experience and Bazunu never looks confident to me! I 

You would have to ask anyy/all 3 of our managers.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Not saying i've trenedous faith in AMN but he's been pretty decent at FB last few games. Personally think Perraud's very limited. His recent form has been atrocious too. Hopefully being dropped will result in a good reaction from Perraud.

I think AMN has improved over the last few games but his previous games were appalling so he's just gone to being average.

Perraud is basically the new Danny Fox. I really love his attitude and work ethic, clearly loves it at Saints and gives 100% but he just isn't very good. Apart from having a hard strike on him.

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Man Utd 0-0 Saints - Sunday 2pm
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Man Utd 0-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic