Protests

Pamplemousse

4 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Genuine question. At what point do the fans start to organise against the board, who I think most agree are responsible for this mess?

Look at clubs like Everton for example, whose fans have been far more vocal against their leadership.

Unlikely, we are probably the most complaint fanbase in the league.

• Like 4

The fans don’t contribute a great deal commercially to the club currently compared to sponsorship and the PL money. The further down the pyramid we tumble the more that changes. I’m no longer a ST holder for geographical reasons (I’m not in Bangkok anymore!) but if I was I’d be seriously considering my renewal. We’re in a different economic climate and I can see the renewals taking a tumble aside from the ones that feel duty bound. If the club appoints another Selles/Jones or doesn’t make an early managerial decision I can see people holding off and this may, just may, start to focus the board a bit more

• Like 1

I was in the Chapel end today, most fans just sat in silence with confused expressions on their faces, old dear next to me looked horrified when I started joining in with you're not fit to wear the shirt. Don't think there's much for the club to worry about in terms of angry fans 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Look at clubs like Everton for example, whose fans have been far more vocal against their leadership.

I wish we were more like them. Those protests have really kicked the club into gear and got them tearing up the league table.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I wish we were more like them. Those protests have really kicked the club into gear and got them tearing up the league table.

At least they seem like they care and have had a go at creating some form of intimidating atmosphere, our fans have meekly accepted our fate , no fighting spirit on the pitch or the stands 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JRM said:

At least they seem like they care and have had a go at creating some form of intimidating atmosphere, our fans have meekly accepted our fate , no fighting spirit on the pitch or the stands 

So that’s what you’d want if you worked for a company which was struggling and badly managed? Get a bunch of shareholders into your office and scream at you, "you’re f**king sh*t and we all hate you and want you out of this company!" You think that’s going to get good performances out of them?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

So that’s what you’d want if you worked for a company which was struggling and badly managed? Get a bunch of shareholders into your office and scream at you, "you’re f**king sh*t and we all hate you and want you out of this company!" You think that’s going to get good performances out of them?

I didn't say that did I. 

Tell you what , experience an away game at Goodison and an away day at St Mary's as a player, you'll understand what I mean then

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

They've got every single decision they made wrong!

- decide to start season with Ralph :(

- decide to only sign young inexperienced players :(

- decide we don't need a new striker :(

- decide to stick with Ralph when results weren't improving :(

- finally sack Ralph but get in an untested no namer :(

- recall Bednarek, goes right back into the team :(

- persist with Jones when it's clear it's not working :(

- finally get in a striker for Jones system but sack him a few days later :(

- interview Marsch but try to cheap out with him, he says no :(

- get 1 win from Selles and make him boss :(

I'm sure I missed a few. WHAT A USELESS SACK OF SHIT THEY ARE!

• Like 12

4 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

They've got every single decision they made wrong!

- decide to start season with Ralph :(

- decide to only sign young inexperienced players :(

- decide we don't need a new striker :(

- decide to stick with Ralph when results weren't improving :(

- finally sack Ralph but get in an untested no namer :(

- recall Bednarek, goes right back into the team :(

- persist with Jones when it's clear it's not working :(

- finally get in a striker for Jones system but sack him a few days later :(

- interview Marsch but try to cheap out with him, he says no :(

- get 1 win from Selles and make him boss :(

I'm sure I missed a few. WHAT A USELESS SACK OF SHIT THEY ARE!

The decline has been on the cards for sometime as we have not been able to recruit decent PL players for some time apart from Lavia KWP and Livramento so it was quite obvious e would be relegated eventually

Thats what happens in football but unlike our last relegation we have not got a pool of top class players from our Academy to develop so the future maybe bumpy 

13 hours ago, Turkish said:

A sea of giant foam hands with thumbs down aimed at the directors box will get the message across  

Whatever the opposite of a light show is … that’s what we should do. Turn up to the Bournemouth game and do some total darkness.

Fans protesting because their team are not playing well always seems a bit pathetic to me. If there is something dodgy going on with the owners fair enough, but crying like a bunch of babies because a few men can’t kick a ball into a net is just a bit sad. It’s a sport, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Fans protesting because their team are not playing well always seems a bit pathetic to me. If there is something dodgy going on with the owners fair enough, but crying like a bunch of babies because a few men can’t kick a ball into a net is just a bit sad. It’s a sport, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

I know what you mean,  it's a tough one, can't accuse the current owners of not spending money, they've just been clueless in doing it and wasted millions with appalling recruitment, I'd love to read the scouting report for Tall Paul. 

Team looks rudderless and disinterested,  not fit to wear the shirt seems a fair song to direct at them to show fans displeasure. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bangkoksaint said:

The fans don’t contribute a great deal commercially to the club currently compared to sponsorship and the PL money. The further down the pyramid we tumble the more that changes. I’m no longer a ST holder for geographical reasons (I’m not in Bangkok anymore!) but if I was I’d be seriously considering my renewal. We’re in a different economic climate and I can see the renewals taking a tumble aside from the ones that feel duty bound. If the club appoints another Selles/Jones or doesn’t make an early managerial decision I can see people holding off and this may, just may, start to focus the board a bit more

Managerial decision is key in my decision to renew.

On 15/04/2023 at 17:47, Pamplemousse said:

Genuine question. At what point do the fans start to organise against the board, who I think most agree are responsible for this mess?

It's not like the Lowe days, different scenario, no administration etc

• Like 1

On 16/04/2023 at 03:54, Lighthouse said:

Exactly while we are where we are, we still have owners who’ve spent more money than I can remember and who have pledged there is more and we are financially fine for the future. No one’s happy and they’ve made huge mistakes but Wilcox is now in and we have to hope they can follow with more good appointments. Hounding them out to end up with another GAO or skint chancer is not really preferable is it. I’m absolutely gutted about relegation and worried about some of who we may lose but creating that nasty horrible environment just pushes everyone out the door, I pray JWP, Alcaraz, and a few others gives us a year to see if we bounce back. Let’s hope we do. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, STEVEADAMS said:

Exactly while we are where we are, we still have owners who’ve spent more money than I can remember and who have pledged there is more and we are financially fine for the future. No one’s happy and they’ve made huge mistakes but Wilcox is now in and we have to hope they can follow with more good appointments. Hounding them out to end up with another GAO or skint chancer is not really preferable is it. I’m absolutely gutted about relegation and worried about some of who we may lose but creating that nasty horrible environment just pushes everyone out the door, I pray JWP, Alcaraz, and a few others gives us a year to see if we bounce back. Let’s hope we do. 

Agree with this, except JWP. He, along with a few others can go and I think the team and results will improve because of it. Don’t get me wrong, a change of coaching/managerial setup is essential too, because we need someone in who can galvanise the players into turning around the losing mentality the squad has acquired. The summer must surely be the biggest churn of players we’ve seen for years.

On 16/04/2023 at 06:14, AlexLaw76 said:

Different era now, where optics and public opinion rule 

Guess you, Turkish and his posse will be "givin` it some verbal right at the front of

Your keyboard 🤫

Edited by tdmickey3
  • Haha 1

On 15/04/2023 at 18:03, Turkish said:

A sea of giant foam hands with thumbs down aimed at the directors box will get the message across  

Or maybe a protest march to the ground just before a match. Also known as going to the game. Anyone that doesn’t remember that did happen 🙄

On 15/04/2023 at 17:47, Pamplemousse said:

Which has clearly worked 

3 hours ago, tdmickey3 said:

Guess you, Turkish and his posse will be "givin` it some verbal right at the front of

Your keyboard 🤫

You’re definitely an Always_SFC creation. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All clubs except the super rich get relegated and we've had a better run than almost anyone else. Footballers and managers are no different to race horses. The big clubs are like professional gamblers they bet on odds on favourites and a number of them will come good. The rest of the clubs  have to bet on players/ managers at longer odds and any one who has had a bet will know they don't always win and in the end you lose all your money. Like horses players don't live up to their potential, they get injured , they lose form , they don't like the course ( premier league) or the stable (the club). You can have a good run of luck but you lose in the end. You can vent your spleen at all and sundry but at the end of the day good people can back the wrong players or managers just as you or I can back the wrong horses. Our time is just up.

• Like 2