Will season ticket prices be released now and will you renew?

Paul Chuckle

I would have preferred a larger discount than less than 6% given the rubbish we have put up with this season and previous seasons...season ticket revenue is very little income in the scheme of things to the club so the club could have done more of a favour 

Season ticket was £530, now £499....so not even the min 6% reduction they stated but 5.85% reduction

"*Depending on where you sit in the stadium, Season Ticket savings will vary anywhere from 6% up to 30%, with 10% on average."

I can't get a Season ticket as I am already committed to Gloucester Rugby (it's just as painful as supporting the Saints, it's just we have Red and White hoops rather than Stripes).

The season ticket will look brilliant value if we have a good season and get promoted or end up in the playoffs as demand for one of tickets will increase as the Season goes on. However initially don't expect to see many sell outs or crowds over 27k very often.

I am happy that I get to watch more local away games. Bristol City, Birmingham City, West Brom, possibly Coventry, Swansea, Cardiff, maybe Stoke - rather they were all in the Premier League, but we are shite so...

• Like 2

They've put it back into 'potentially can afford' territory for me, which is a headache I hadn't quite anticipated.

Got 2x Exchange sales from this season's ticket which increases the plausibility.

£21.70/match seems about what I'd hope for in the Championship. Not extraordinary value. But fine.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DJ_TOAST said:

I would have preferred a larger discount than less than 6% given the rubbish we have put up with this season and previous seasons...season ticket revenue is very little income in the scheme of things to the club so the club could have done more of a favour 

Season ticket was £530, now £499....so not even the min 6% reduction they stated but 5.85% reduction

"*Depending on where you sit in the stadium, Season Ticket savings will vary anywhere from 6% up to 30%, with 10% on average."

Literally one pound cheaper would have made it a 6% saving - how did nobody at the club check this?! :lol: :mcinnes:

In fact, the club hasn't actually mentioned a minimum reduction in any of its comms - email or website article.

8 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Literally one pound cheaper would have made it a 6% saving - how did nobody at the club check this?! :lol: :mcinnes:

yeh it's not much but if you're going to publish figures then at least get them accurate, especially when it's not even the 10% average 

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

They’ve got the pricing about right. 
What were people realistically expecting a discount for us being shite, I’m sure they’d be the first moaning if they’d put them up 30% during the Koeman seasons. 

Fair and reasonable. 

Yeah I think so - realistically they had to give a little bit back to people after the absolute shitshow of this season. Some won't renew regardless of the price, but these prices (especially on the price-per-game ratio) should retain most of those who might have been wavering a bit.

Pleased with the prices, personally. When pretty much everything in the country is going up in price, it’s nice to see one go down, especially as most other clubs are putting theirs up (including other relegation threatened PL teams). 6-10% reductions plus an extra 4 games seems very fair to me. 

Edited by saintwbu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, stevegrant said:

In fact, the club hasn't actually mentioned a minimum reduction in any of its comms - email or website article.

My last post, but yes they have on their website (I didn't just pluck my quoted figures out of thin air)

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/latest-news-on-saints-season-tickets-for-2023-24
FAQs:
*What are the prices and when can I buy?
*Depending on where you sit in the stadium, Season Ticket savings will vary anywhere from 6% up to 30%, with 10% on average.

Glad most people are happy with the pricing, can’t really attack the club for this one. For me as a neutral on the subject having given up their ST years ago I feel those of you that endured this season deserve more of a “loyalty” discount than that. With a young family I’ve found other things to do on a weekend having given mine up, and can safely say I’ve not missed it all these past 2 seasons. I turned down free hospitality for the Fulham game to stay at home with my family in the sun digging up the garden and having a BBQ and don’t regret it one bit. The club should be doing all it can to prevent more of the same and retain those of you that have said “fuck this I’m done paying out for this crap”.

All just my opinion of course, from a guy that used to have a ST and do at least 10 aways.

Can't see this mentioned elsewhere but ...

I'm in Block 15 and the season tickets there have gone up by 20% as it's been reclassified. Last year was my first year (for a long time) as a season ticket holder and I paid £400, this year its £499 for early renewal and no communication from the club that this was going to happen.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, waterlooville saint said:

Can't see this mentioned elsewhere but ...

I'm in Block 15 and the season tickets there have gone up by 20% as it's been reclassified. Last year was my first year (for a long time) as a season ticket holder and I paid £400, this year its £499 for early renewal and no communication from the club that this was going to happen.

I hadn't spotted that but I'm in the same boat...just checked the map...very sneaky and wasn't what I was expecting...big difference and no saving whatsoever for any of us in that block

Has anyone seen any info on moving seats, I know there’s usually a window where you can pay for your seat & then move to a free one, but I can’t see anything. The blokes I go with been spread out all over the place since our kids reached adulthood at different times, the fact lots won’t renew gives us an opportunity to all get together again. Just can’t see how on website. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Has anyone seen any info on moving seats, I know there’s usually a window where you can pay for your seat & then move to a free one, but I can’t see anything. The blokes I go with been spread out all over the place since our kids reached adulthood at different times, the fact lots won’t renew gives us an opportunity to all get together again. Just can’t see how on website. 

this is all there is under FAQ's

We’d encourage you to check availability online via your MySaints account, using the seat selection tool. You can select and buy a different available seat and your reserved seat will later be released. You can also call or email the Ticket Office.

Any seats not answered for by Friday 30th June will be released and anyone who wants to relocate to a specific seat should complete the attached form. You’ll then be contacted between Saturday 1st July – Monday 3rd July. This is a relocation window specifically for supporters who’ve bought already.

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

this is all there is under FAQ's

We’d encourage you to check availability online via your MySaints account, using the seat selection tool. You can select and buy a different available seat and your reserved seat will later be released. You can also call or email the Ticket Office.

Any seats not answered for by Friday 30th June will be released and anyone who wants to relocate to a specific seat should complete the attached form. You’ll then be contacted between Saturday 1st July – Monday 3rd July. This is a relocation window specifically for supporters who’ve bought already.

Thanks 👍

Just got a ST for first time in 10 years or so. Quite looking forward to a half decent season where we hopefully win more than we lose, goals, 3pm Saturday kick offs and thinking we have a realistic chance of winning every game (I don’t mean I think we’ll win every game but none of this going to a game and thinking the best we’ll get is a draw or narrow defeat).  

This optimism will last till end of August…..

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Just got a ST for first time in 10 years or so. Quite looking forward to a half decent season where we hopefully win more than we lose, goals, 3pm Saturday kick offs and thinking we have a realistic chance of winning every game (I don’t mean I think we’ll win every game but none of this going to a game and thinking the best we’ll get is a draw or narrow defeat).  

This optimism will last till end of August…..

That’s very generous. The season starts on August 5th. By the end of the month we shall probably have played 5 games or so.

First ST for me since 2013/14, but with all the kids now wanting in I'm in the library. Loved our time in the Football League and can't wait to get back at it. Looking forward to planning a good few away days, as now have the benefit of family being well situated near Manchester and Durham, making the strenuous away days a bit more bearable. 

• Like 1

Renewed over the phone just now. Very efficient. Even managed to renew car parking ticket, which I think is the first time they've had parking ready at the same time as seats.

Looking forward to the championship. Less dominated by huge amounts of foreign money (albeit not completely free of it!) so a bit more of a level playing field.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Good that they've got a proper Direct Debit scheme set up this season, unlike last season's recurring card payment thing which didn't work at least once early in the season.

You're lucky was just once. I had to do mine manually at least 4 times!

• Like 1

On 26/05/2023 at 16:46, Stud mark of doom said:

My son’s ticket (u18, inner central) has only been reduced £399 - from £404 to £399

Pretty sure that’s not “at least 6pc”.

Although my adult seat has dropped 13pc so perhaps I shouldn’t worry too much. 

Same for my U18 in block 29. £5 off £404 making it a 1.3% reduction. 

I may email them for fun to ask them to show me their workings out. I can then mark it and correct it for them.

It's a small point but indicates sloppyness. You would think someone in charge would say 'before I put this statement out, assure me it's factually correct". Its basic business 101.

With maths like that though I can see why we pay £18.6m for £1m strikers. 

• Like 2

On 26/05/2023 at 14:39, DJ_TOAST said:

My last post, but yes they have on their website (I didn't just pluck my quoted figures out of thin air)

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/latest-news-on-saints-season-tickets-for-2023-24
FAQs:
*What are the prices and when can I buy?
*Depending on where you sit in the stadium, Season Ticket savings will vary anywhere from 6% up to 30%, with 10% on average.

Unless you are under 14, in which case it's a 250% increase. Still good value mind at £50 renew/£60 new.

Just tried to purchase mine and my nippers.

System error on the site atm, preventing people logging into their accounts.

Guy on the phone was helpful though, reserved the seats I want to buy when it working again. He confirmed I could buy them outright over the phone but D/D has to be done online. Just an FYI for others.

12 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

I saw a "movement" on twitter about trying to get the singers at the back of the chapel stand. Cheaper tickets, and a better potential "kop" will be itneresting to see how it pans out

As the founder of this ‘movement’ I can confirm that a couple of groups have already bought season tickets in this section. Won’t happen overnight but is a good starting point to try and get people standing. I’m hoping the club get back to me today confirming their support of it. 

There is a separate thread on here called itchen south discussing this topic 👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

As the founder of this ‘movement’ I can confirm that a couple of groups have already bought season tickets in this section. Won’t happen overnight but is a good starting point to try and get people standing. I’m hoping the club get back to me today confirming their support of it. 

That is what should happen. Get everyone in one place on the chapel Kop and the atmosphere should improve. Good on you for doing something about it.

52 minutes ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

it sounds good until you realise you won’t be allowed to stand as all stewards are told to make people sit down even at the top. I used to have a season ticket in that area and was even complained about for swearing. Maybe the chants should be made PG and PC, must be very inclusive. 

if the club allow it, it will undoubtedly upset the families in there. But would be interesting to see what they say and what sort of people move. One thing I can say, as 99% of them are coming over from the itchen north/ northam anyways, most of those people don’t really chant so don’t get your hopes up. we’ve tried the majority of this season and no one joins in. 

Edited by SotonianWill

27 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

it sounds good until you realise you won’t be allowed to stand as all stewards are told to make people sit down even at the top. I used to have a season ticket in that area and was even complained about for swearing. Maybe the chants should be made PG and PC, must be very inclusive. 

if the club allow it, it will undoubtedly upset the families in there. But would be interesting to see what they say and what sort of people move. One thing I can say, as 99% of them are coming over from the itchen north/ northam anyways, most of those people don’t really chant so don’t get your hopes up. we’ve tried the majority of this season and no one joins in. 

I agree it needs to be inclusive. 

regarding standing: it’s not illegal to stand in a football ground. The club need to realise that. We have organised ourselves at the back so that those who currently sit there can continue to do so

regarding upsetting families: block 15 doesn’t have that many families as it’s so expensive for u18s there. we’d hope that this movement would be family inclusive. Anyone with small children who specifically doesn’t want to be in a noisy area should make use of the family section (block 19-24)

54 minutes ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

I agree it needs to be inclusive. 

regarding standing: it’s not illegal to stand in a football ground. The club need to realise that. We have organised ourselves at the back so that those who currently sit there can continue to do so

regarding upsetting families: block 15 doesn’t have that many families as it’s so expensive for u18s there. we’d hope that this movement would be family inclusive. Anyone with small children who specifically doesn’t want to be in a noisy area should make use of the family section (block 19-24)

Not illegal but against Ground Regulations so they can kick you out if they wish. Can't see a problem if you're up the back and not blocking anyone's view, but, but you always get the occasional jobsworth.

30 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

Not illegal but against Ground Regulations so they can kick you out if they wish. Can't see a problem if you're up the back and not blocking anyone's view, but, but you always get the occasional jobsworth.

I don’t mind anybody standing just as long as it’s not in front of me. It’s one of the reasons that I go to very few away games. There was a time when it was not a problem but as I’ve got older it has got worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

i’m just saying the stewards are told to make everyone at the back sit down in those areas so the risk is if you get a strict steward you’ll spend the season sat down. Many people go to northam/ IN to be next to away fans, but another reason is the fact that the club actually accepts standing here. It’s kind of an unwritten rule (on the website it says go to these areas for atmosphere) everyone knows these are the standing areas and everywhere else they have enforced ground rules.

Make sure to put it on here if the club say you can stand, i’ll be interested to see what happens with this. The IN has become dead so would be potentially interesting. 

Edited by SotonianWill

5 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

i’m just saying the stewards are told to make everyone at the back sit down in those areas so the risk is if you get a strict steward you’ll spend the season sat down. Many people go to northam/ IN to be next to away fans, but another reason is the fact that the club actually accepts standing here. It’s kind of an unwritten rule (on the website it says go to these areas for atmosphere) everyone knows these are the standing areas and everywhere else they have enforced ground rules.

Make sure to put it on here if the club say you can stand, i’ll be interested to see what happens with this. The IN has become dead so would be potentially interesting. 

Northam and itchen north is fine but not at £499 for me. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have bothered starting this movement and would have just sat in the northam. Northam and Itchen North should continue to be the main standing areas aswell as offering a cheaper standing section in the itchen south/ chapel. It’s not going to be Brussia Dortmunds yellow wall but I don’t see how the club can have a problem with fans wanting to have a bit of a laugh and back the team. You get that at almost every football ground in the UK. Notts County’s kop is a good example. Few rows of singers at the back drive on the rest of the stand. Everyone gets involved, families, kids, adults, those who want to stand, those who can’t stand…

• Like 2