Gillingham 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

skintsaint

You know when a local convenience store has a bunch of leftover stock they’re trying to shift and they start coming up with special offers, like four egg custards, BBQ lighters and a Da Vinci Code DVD for £10. That’s what this team reminds me of.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Random thoughts - a b team which all non PL sides do; 46 game season so no point playing your first choices in a competition you’ll never win.
Assume Gillingham do likewise (as per their boss’ hilarious quote) it should still be enough.

Hoping it goes well enough to see Dibling, Doyle and Ballard.

Not reading anything into who isn’t in the squad from the first 11. We’re resting ArmA, Tella, Bazunu, KWP and Manning - not just JWP.

I think Meghoma might actually be utilized in midfield but I guess we’ll have to wait 30 minutes to be sure.

Why is Lyanco number 4 - I thought he got moved to 25? 
What number is Dibling? He wasn’t on the submitted list.

Is Gillingham REALLY as bad as everyone is suggesting?

That’ll do for now 

Lyanco now listed at 25.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, david in sweden said:

not playing JWP and the other " new regulars" is a safety measure.  No-one wants to get crocked playing against a League Two side?

Agree. There should be enough here to get a result if they are up for it. Still lots of players Martin will want to see commit in a competitive match. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

You know when a local convenience store has a bunch of leftover stock they’re trying to shift and they start coming up with special offers, like four egg custards, BBQ lighters and a Da Vinci Code DVD for £10. That’s what this team reminds me of.

Lyanco is the out of date WKD samba special edition. 

Looks like an obvious and sensible reserve team selection. Resting the first team squad for Saturday makes perfect sense. Also a chance for Martin to further assess the fringe players before deciding who stays and who goes. Good to see Perraud back.

Those trying to read something more into the line up and omissions than there is need to lighten up.

• Like 1

Hopefully Shea Charles is starting in midfield. Could possibly be a back four of Meghoma, Bree, Lyanco, Perraud. Great to see Perraud back :) and Che as captain tonight and starts for both Meghoma and Amo-Ameyaw :) Hopefully get to see Dibling, Ballard and Doyle in second half :) Prowsey is definitely being rested as are the ten other starters from Friday night :) COYR :)

Edited by davefizzy14

13 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Yep I wouldn't read too much into it IMO. Yes there's every possibility we could still lose JWP, Lavia, KWP, Sulemana, ABK, Tella, Adams and Perraud but I can't see all 8 players getting sold and anyway I don't think we'd care much about cup tying them for other teams. It's just we've put out a squad team that obvious Martin thinks will do the job against a (probably) weakened Gillingham.

If there's a chance we are going to sell jwp then we would be silly to cup tie him unnecessarily. Even if the chance is small. Him not being in the squad really doesn't tell you either way about the likelihood of him being sold. 

43 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Depends on if a club comes in during the window I suppose. Joanna Lumley not been here long enough to get her size 11s under the table yet. Could be a battle of mediocrity. 

A race to the bottom... see who can take us to a new level...

• Lighthouse changed the title to Gillingham vs Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Gillingham 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic