Gillingham 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

skintsaint

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

I've no idea where that kind of vitriol is coming from, it's not as if he's punched someone. As with many of our players, it's not that he isn't trying, he's just crap.

He legitimately fist pumps and cheers conceding a corner, and subsequently concedes a goal from said corner.

He deserves all the vitriol he gets, a true joke character.

• Like 4

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

We wern't talking about tonight. We were talking about the possibility of Martin being "under pressure" if we lose on Saturday.

He's clearly not going to be under pressure, is he. 

• Like 2

3-0.  This is evidence of the concern I had during the summer break…nothing has changed with Martin same tip tap, time wasting, toothless display.  11 changes to the team that only just won away from home Saturday. This squad of players are just not good enough to play like Man City and anyone who thinks we’ve got a good chance of promotion when our best players are leaving needs to think again.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

We wern't talking about tonight. We were talking about the possibility of Martin being "under pressure" if we lose on Saturday.

I fear you may be taking emotive comments on an internet forum, during a heavy unexpected defeat, a little too literally.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

We have a number of supposed first team players. It's not Martins fault that some of our reserves are horrendous. 

Hard to blame Russell Martin. It’s some of the same dogshit who lost v Grimsby so the National League and lower is genuinely their level. Ease the manager’s problems about fitting them all on the training ground, freeze Djenepo, Mara, Lyanco and McCarthy out of first team facilities and offer non league clubs the opportunity to take them on loan. They will soon find other clubs sharpish even if in Alex’s case he has to write off some money. 

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Nothing is ever good enough, managers and players being boo'd and jeered at the drop of a hat. One of the most entitled fan base around.

Bad wolf .... surely a fan deserves something for his hard earned. I have just spent on season tickets for these boys and my 6yr olds team score more goals. We spent more last season than many other clubs and still got relegated. We should be dominant and we are not so excuse me and many others not being very happy about the situation for the last 18months. 

• Like 1

Just now, Saint86 said:

This is absolutely shocking from Martin i'm afraid.

I don't think he cares, hence that team. He will be bothered by the levels of performance though.  Way more than the result.  It shows the hangover from last season lasts longer than a summer.  Some players just need to be elsewhere, like McCarthy.  He needs a fresh start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

3-0.  This is evidence of the concern I had during the summer break…nothing has changed with Martin same tip tap, time wasting, toothless display.  11 changes to the team that only just won away from home Saturday. This squad of players are just not good enough to play like Man City and anyone who thinks we’ve got a good chance of promotion when our best players are leaving needs to think again.

Only just won away lol

Sometimes its nice we have no streams.

Not too worried, this is the tinkerman b team tonight, perraud playing as a CB !!!

Main issue is always scoring so we can exert pressure via the scoreboard and our passing, when other teams get down our end our XG for goals conceded pretty much is - you shoot you score we are fucked.

Interesting that 4 managers have found we are shit at defending no matter the formation - looks like its finally the players who need to be moved.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He legitimately fist pumps and cheers conceding a corner, and subsequently concedes a goal from said corner.

He deserves all the vitriol he gets, a true joke character.

I couldn't care less if he whips his walloper out and starts spinning it around in circles whilst Dead or Alive plays on the PA. I want him gone but I don't dislike him as such, how often have people accused our players of being timid shrinking violets?

9 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Hard to blame Russell Martin. It’s some of the same dogshit who lost v Grimsby so the National League and lower is genuinely their level. Ease the manager’s problems about fitting them all on the training, freeze Djenepo, Mara, Lyanco and McCarthy out of first team facilities and offer non league clubs the opportunity to take them on loan. They will soon find other clubs sharpish even if in Alex’s case he has to write off some money. 

Martin does need to own most of this. A narrow loss could have been accepted but this is a humiliation and will do a lot of damage to morale and confidence. I fear he has gravely underestimated the opposition so that's a mark against his name very early in his tenure I'm afraid. 

Edited by saintant
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

From BBC.

IMG-1624.jpg

Besides Perraud at CB, which is utterly fucking ridiculous, that's a side that should have more than enough to beat Gillingham. 

We've been second best all evening. Pathetic. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lallana's Left Peg said:

I don't think he cares, hence that team. He will be bothered by the levels of performance though.  Way more than the result.  It shows the hangover from last season lasts longer than a summer.  Some players just need to be elsewhere, like McCarthy.  He needs a fresh start.

Retire!!!!

2 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

Saying that, didn't R*dkn*pp try similar v Mansfield (?) back in 2005 to prove a point to Rupert Lowe?

Yes he did he the played a lot of the young players at Southend expecting them to lose and they won, then he slagged them off saying he didn’t think they played well, then they lost in the next round and he threw them under the bus saying they weren’t as good as everyone kept telling him 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Gillingham 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic