Just now, Yorkshire Saint said:

Take the positives, this confirms the following:

Mccarthy - Sell

Bree - Sell

Lyanco - Sell

Romain - Sell

Aribo - Sell

Djnepo - Sell

Who's going to buy them? We'll have to give them away and subsadise salary. Wasters the lot of them. 

• Like 4

Just now, Yorkshire Saint said:

Mccarthy - Sell

Bree - Sell

Lyanco - Sell

Romain - Sell

Aribo - Sell

Djnepo - Sell

I think we'll have to do some mutual contract pay-ups on some of those, no one is going to pay us a penny for some of them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lallana's Left Peg said:

I don't think he cares, hence that team. He will be bothered by the levels of performance though.  Way more than the result.  It shows the hangover from last season lasts longer than a summer.  Some players just need to be elsewhere, like McCarthy.  He needs a fresh start.

He needs to have more respect for the fans especially those who travelled, I refuse to believe he doesn't care - if that is the case it's a terrible attitude so I'm giving him the benefit of doubt on this one - I think he's caught a massive cold and hopefully will learn from it. Travelling fans especially have been hung out to dry after shelling out good money and going in good faith.

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

Mccarthy - Sell

Bree - Sell

Lyanco - Sell

Romain - Sell

Aribo - Sell

Djnepo - Sell

Mara - Sell

What fucking idiot would buy any of those ffs?

• Like 1

I can only hope that RM is learning a very big lesson tonight. He'll need a win on Saturday after this capitulation.

So far it would seem that Saints have seen 4 shots against them on target and conceded 4 goals. Meanwhile the problem with scoring remains.

1 minute ago, SotonianWill said:

Turning on Martin would just be self harm to our promotion campaign. I’ll save my support for the proper team in the league, not these soppy lot who are on the field today. There’s a reason we went down and we haven’t moved on these players yet. 

After tonight's performance, we'll have to pay somebody to take them. Get used to it - none of these will be moving

3 minutes ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

Mccarthy - Sell

Bree - Sell

Lyanco - Sell

Romain - Sell

Aribo - Sell

Djnepo - Sell

Mara - Sell

That's what I said, it's like an Ali Dia appreciation day. 

Cookies, I like cookies, I'm not miserable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

The big question is what minute is McCarthy picking the ball out the net? 😂

1 hour ago, Badger said:

About 10 seconds after Gillingham have their first shot on target.

0F362524-FB8B-4437-B5C4-2E312AEBFA4E.thumb.png.305ccbc01e77a7a824efec1baeb76ff5.png

Three on target, three conceded.

All too predictable it seems. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Nope. When you buy a ticket, you accept that this could happen.

I would suggest that common decency should prevail and the players should recognise the fans out the effort in to come and watch a completely unacceptable performance. But maybe I’m too reasonable. 

actually I read the T and Cs on my ticket and subnote 4 says “If we are utterly incompetent we won’t refund you” so fair point

2 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Imnot sure how much more cringe I can take.hundreds already left.  It’s a sad sad non performance. Upsetting after the promise of Friday. More than upsetting. Sad. 

Is there much booing/abuse? How many do you reckon have left, 25%?

Tonights result hopefully makes every Saints fan stand up and realise that we really are not going to have everything our own way this season despite Friday's win. We will lose JWP, KWP and possibly Tella from that 11 on Friday and there is currently no one to replace them in tonights line-up. We have a massive squad of mainly dross and defensively we are dire. If we lose ABK and KWP we are deep trouble at the back. I'm pleased we are out of the Cup because only promotion is important BUT losing like this is just bloody embarrasing! 

• Like 1

Just now, Smirking_Saint said:

Irrefutable proof that McCarthy is dogshit then

On this evidence a good proportion of the team AND the Manager are dogshit too. And now Martin gets a yellow card! Oh dear the wheels are starting to come off. Changing room is going to be frosty at full-time! 🤣

Alcarez pulls one back…our best player now.

Just now, Sir Ralph said:

I would suggest that common decency should prevail and the players should recognise the fans out the effort in to come and watch a completely unacceptable performance. But maybe I’m too reasonable. 

actually I read the T and Cs on my ticket and subnote 4 says “If we are utterly incompetent we won’t refund you” so fair point

Here’s an interesting one, when was the last time / have saints ever given out a refund for a bad result? I do agree with Bad Wolf tbh though, you pay to watch not win, you never know when you’re gonna get d*cked. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Ralph said:

To put it in context name a worse performance in last seasons shamble than that? Or a more inept tactical performance?

Nottingham forest. The worst game of football that has ever been played, at any level, by any team. It drilled a hole in my soul that may never heal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Ralph said:

I agree that it'd be a decent thing to do. But they didn't do it when they lost 9-0 at home. And if you start doing it for this, what about the next time we get knocked out by a League Two team. And then the next time we lose 3-0. And then when we lose to a bottom half Championship team. And then when we lose to someone one place below us. Where do they draw the line?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Gillingham 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic