Gillingham 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

skintsaint

9 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Excellent, at least something useful may come from the game.

Who could be mean, Adams? McCarthy? Lyanco, Djenepo and Mara? Aww shucks, I had a new song for Djenepo too.

Djenepo (PO!),

He is as shit as you knoooow,

We should have just let him go,

You are destructable-le,

Better belieeeeeve,

Djenepo

Russell Martin: "There was too much disappointment and way too much pity and feeling sorry for themselves from some people. "They’re probably the ones who understand they won’t be here or know they won’t be part of the journey...

"I understand that it's difficult to deal with but put yourself on the pitch and show the best version of yourself – how you show up in training, as they’ve all been great. Most of the young ones came through with credit. We had plenty on the pitch we know will help."

So, looks Like McCarthy, Lyanco, Perraud, Bree and Djenepo edged themselves a little closer to the exit door. Probably add Mara to that as he was hooked (again) at half time. Also S. Armstrong getting hooked before the second half isn’t a great look, sounds like he could be on the shit list too.

Just now, Andy Hill said:

We should “encourage” Adams to go - for whatever we can get for him. He typically has one clean stroke a season and that has already happened.

Adams is one of those players who only plays well when we are playing well. When the going gets tough he hides. To seriously challenge the Top 2 we are going to need a striker that can get us a goal when things aren't going out way. That isn't Che. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

As others mentioned, this is the stage of the relegation cycle we are in and it will be up to Martin to accelerate this process if he is true to his word on the above. All of these player need to go. Abysmal players that have had ample opportunity and should be no where near the squad. There are further questions around scouting and development for the likes of Djenepo, Diallo (i'm aware he is gone) Lyanco, Maitland_niles (also aware), Moi (still aware), Bree (although we know this is all Mad Nath)... 

We need rid, by hook or by (alex) crook.  

Edited by The Juice
I got excited and typed too fast. Plus I unconsciously (although I guess now consciously) repudiate most structures which include notions of spelling and grammar.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

So, looks Like McCarthy, Lyanco, Perraud, Bree and Djenepo edged themselves a little closer to the exit door. Probably add Mara to that as he was hooked (again) at half time. Also S. Armstrong getting hooked before the second half isn’t a great look, sounds like he could be on the shit list too.

Which clown decided it was a good idea to give Djenepo a new 3 year contract last September?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

From the interview sounds like armstrong and Mara subs were premeditated as coming back from injury.

• Like 1

So looking and the line-up, the nine senior players he mentions must be Macca, Bree, Perraud, Lyanco, Stu, Djenepo, Aribo, Tall Paul and Che. Seems unlikely he'd be talking about Mara as a senior.

If only "some" of these players have no future at the club, I wonder who he feels delivered tonight? Because I couldn't pick a name.

EDIT: Listening to the interview, he actually name drops Stu and Aribo as doing "great" but still struggling with fitness. Mara, on the other hand, is credited as doing OK but it's also said he needs to learn that you don't train to play one way and then go out on the pitch and play differently. The only glowing praise is reserved for Amo, Tyler and Doyle.

Edited by Ralph Fastenbüttl
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Southner said:

RM's brutal honesty is very refreshing. Heard too many excuses in the past assuming we don't notice. 

It was good. If we go by the names he didn't mention we can assume he believes the twatty players are: 

McCarthy 

Bree 

Lyanco 

Perraud 

Djenepo 

And maybe Onuachu 

No surprise really but if the club still has a cancer in it, then they are the cause. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Interested: What's the difference between this interview and the one Jones gave after the Brentford game?

Why is one refreshing honesty but one is throwing people under the bus even though they're basically the same.

If by "basically the same" you mean "nothing at all like each other" then yeah great point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Interested: What's the difference between this interview and the one Jones gave after the Brentford game?

Why is one refreshing honesty but one is throwing people under the bus even though they're basically the same.

“I’ve compromised because of fans, and so on, a few little things but – no more. I’ve been very successful playing a fluent style, Luton were a real aggressive front-footed side. Statistically, there weren’t many better than me around Europe in terms of aggression, clean sheets, defending the box, balls in the box, xG, all those sort of things.

“We were pound-for-pound the best because we were spending next to nothing and producing so much. And I’ve gone away from that”

😂 Yup.. fairly similar 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Charles and Lyanco CBs

I was at the game. Starting line up: 

LB Megahoma

LCB Perraud

RCB Lyanco

RB Bree

DM Charles

AM Stu Armstrong

FWD Mara

FWD Adams

RW SAA (who played well, and was still playing well in the 97th minute)

LW Djenpo

I can’t remember ever seeing Perraud at CB before 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

I was at the game. Starting line up: 

LB Megahoma

LCB Perraud

RCB Lyanco

RB Bree

DM Charles

AM Stu Armstrong

FWD Mara

FWD Adams

RW SAA (who played well, and was still playing well in the 97th minute)

LW Djenpo

I can’t remember ever seeing Perraud at CB before 

Yes but who else should have played at Cb? Bearing in mind that ABK is injured and we have a game on Saturday and Bednarek was probably still recovering from his injury.