Gillingham 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

skintsaint

Just now, a1ex2001 said:

Did someone say feel good factor……

There was no need to put out such an awful side, reminds me of when Harry sent a team of kids out to get slaughtered last time we got relegated.  Getting embarrassed by a league two side benefits nobody.

And if he'd put out the first team and picked up a load of injuries, THAT would have been wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Yeah really. The line up has 7 players who have premiership experience vs a League 2 / 4th division side. So yeah, I expect better than  "no wonder we lost"

I agree, and it was actually 8 starters who'd played premier league football. That line up should not have struggled against a division 4 team. 

• Like 2

Just now, obelisk said:

RM's going to quickly lose any support at this rate. A comfortable win on Saturday would overcome the mess tonight but anything less and the mood will soon turn.

Whoever we put in charge was always going to need time to sort out this horror show, especially as our massive squad effectively means we can't bring anyone in, until we've sold about ten players. Tonight is a mess but I hope Martin has learned something about a lot of our players. We're all going to need to be patient.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

Did someone say feel good factor……

There was no need to put out such an awful side, reminds me of when Harry sent a team of kids out to get slaughtered last time we got relegated.  Getting embarrassed by a league two side benefits nobody.

We have a number of supposed first team players. It's not Martins fault that some of our reserves are horrendous. 

• Like 2

So, according to Merson, we’re not only 2 down but we’re also second best.

Dont care about going out of the cup but these chancers and wage stealers reminding me last season all over again just grates. Hopefully it’s evidence for Martin to put before the board and take a hit on losing some of these pathetic cowards and get others in with a bit of graft.

• Like 5

How many chances does Lynaco get btw? We're gonna have to give him away for nothing to get the idiot out the club, but until weve fucked him off, he needs to rot with the kids. Actually, i'd keep him away all together. Waste of fucking space. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Why is our fanbase an utter joke? Or are you talking about yourself?

Nothing is ever good enough, managers and players being boo'd and jeered at the drop of a hat. One of the most entitled fan base around.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dman said:

How many chances does Lynaco get btw? We're gonna have to give him away for nothing to get the idiot out the club, but until weve fucked him off, he needs to rot with the kids. Actually, i'd keep him away all together. Waste of fucking space. 

I've no idea where that kind of vitriol is coming from, it's not as if he's punched someone. As with many of our players, it's not that he isn't trying, he's just crap.

• Like 1

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Nothing is ever good enough, managers and players being boo'd and jeered at the drop of a hat. One of the most entitled fan base around.

We're losing 3-0 to a league 2 team. If this isn't the time to show how pissed off you are by booing I don't know what is.

• Like 5

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

They all deserve to be fucking boo'd after tonight. Bunch of fucking arogant, shit, cunts the lot of them. 

• Like 3

Just now, CB Fry said:

OK we meet outside the Bargate at one thirty on Saturday afternoon and march slowly through town finishing at the stadium.

Who's with me? 

I’ll bring the coffin or are we going dressed as clowns for this one?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Yeah really. The line up has 7 players who have premiership experience vs a League 2 / 4th division side. So yeah, I expect better than  "no wonder we lost"

That counts for nothing. They are utter shit. That starting 11 haven't played once together. Why do you think it's a surprise they are getting turned over by a League 2 side who are treating it like a cup final 

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

I've no idea where that kind of vitriol is coming from, it's not as if he's punched someone. As with many of our players, it's not that he isn't trying, he's just crap.

yes, hes fucking crap and I'm sick of it. I' rather he hit someone so he was off the pitch. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Gillingham 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic