Gavin Bazunu

hypochondriac

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Reductio ad absurdum.

Don’t be so ridiculous. We finished 11 points, effectively 12, from safety.

I ignore the so-called stats because they are an irrelevant nonsense.

And what makes you think I am defending him? 

Nope, just extending your own logic to show you the absurdity of your posts. 

Of course goalkeepers make a huge difference to a team. Of course stats are useful. You can’t just bury your head in the sand and ignore things because you don’t like the results.

Bazunu is lucky we got relegated as he doesn’t look quite so out of his depth. But he is still making us worse and his inexperience has cost us points this season - points we wouldn’t have lost if we had a proper keeper. Maybe in a couple of seasons he will be ready to be a top half championship keeper.

I only hope he remembers how the club stuck by him if he does develop into the player the club thinks he could be. 

• Like 2

I have seen a lot of goalkeepers live in the Championship this season who are on par or better than Bazunu. They are of a high standard and playing, sometimes, behind worse defences.

Bazunu will be lucky to keep his place above Kelleher, in the Ireland  team, who has looked decent for Liverpool recently.

• Like 2

On 15/03/2024 at 21:03, Galway saint said:

He’s still got the same problems, shot stopping down to his left, poor positioning and the fact he just doesn’t make enough saves. 

Apart from his problems with goalkeeping, he’s a good keeper.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Haha 4

On 19/03/2024 at 19:52, losgigantes said:

I have seen a lot of goalkeepers live in the Championship this season who are on par or better than Bazunu. They are of a high standard and playing, sometimes, behind worse defences.

Bazunu will be lucky to keep his place above Kelleher, in the Ireland  team, who has looked decent for Liverpool recently.

I thought Viktor Johansson of Rotherham looked very good both times we played them. We would've destroyed them both times without some of his excellent saves. Dread to think how many points they'd be on without him in goal, and surely there'll be teams in the division looking to buy him in the summer.

I guess with Bazunu is that he (should've been) brought in as a future star, but still pretty raw in a few areas / prone to a monumental mistake. That is often due to our suicidal style football tapping around our own 6 yard box when teams are pressing us...! I feel he's been badly managed and should've come in alongside a more experienced pro at number 1, but we are where we are...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, disconnect said:

I thought Viktor Johansson of Rotherham looked very good both times we played them. We would've destroyed them both times without some of his excellent saves. Dread to think how many points they'd be on without him in goal, and surely there'll be teams in the division looking to buy him in the summer.

I guess with Bazunu is that he (should've been) brought in as a future star, but still pretty raw in a few areas / prone to a monumental mistake. That is often due to our suicidal style football tapping around our own 6 yard box when teams are pressing us...! I feel he's been badly managed and should've come in alongside a more experienced pro at number 1, but we are where we are...

I agree, Johansson will get snapped up by a bigger club in the summer 100%.  Great all rounder. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, disconnect said:

I guess with Bazunu is that he (should've been) brought in as a future star, but still pretty raw in a few areas / prone to a monumental mistake. 

Yep, but just think of the profit we'll make when he's finally cut those mistakes out and is wanted by a Prem side!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, SaintsBarry74 said:

Get an average shot stopper in his place and we'll go up automatically. If by some miracle we do gain promotion this season, get an average shot stopper in his place and we'll avoid back-to-back relegation.

How do you get back to back relegation if you’ve just been promoted and getting an average shot stopper will stop you being relegated? 😂 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Behind Enemy Lines said:

How do you get back to back relegation if you’ve just been promoted and getting an average shot stopper will stop you being relegated? 😂 

Seasons outside of the Premier League don't count, obviously. 

1 hour ago, Behind Enemy Lines said:

2 relegations in 2 consecutive premier league seasons?

5 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Getting Rotherham's goalkeeper in is a must if we don't go up. Biggest no-brainer deal you'll ever see, will gain us 10+ points immediately

Unless we get lucky and Spurs or someone want to sign Bazunu already this won't be happening. Bazunu is the golden child of the management. 

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Unless we get lucky and Spurs or someone want to sign Bazunu already this won't be happening. Bazunu is the golden child of the management. 

All we can hope for is for Wilcox's replacement to start clacking some fucking heads together and put a stop to the pig-headedness

Is it too much to ask for a keeper that makes good saves once in a while. Makes the occasional save that you’re convinced is a goal. This chump makes routine saves & lets decent efforts in, nothing else.  I can not recall another keeper who has made less good saves than this bloke. If you get a decent shot away, it’s a goal. Every fucking time. 

• Like 3

Shit show from him for a while now, he had a good spell this season and he didn't deserve any criticism, but at the moment it seems as if every shot on target is a goal by default.

The game was summed up by the keepers tonight. At 2-1 their keeper made a decent save from Bednarek, not a worldie, but a good save he had to work/move his feet to get to.

Our keeper let in their only 3 shots they had on target and didn't look capable of getting to either, where you'd think most keepers would have got something on it. The 2nd goal to make it 2-2 was an absolute howler by him and that killed us.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

Getting Rotherham's goalkeeper in is a must if we don't go up. Biggest no-brainer deal you'll ever see, will gain us 10+ points immediately

I actually agree mate, just don’t go looking for the Coventry highlights (away)

He doesn't save anything that's not routinely right at him. Anything that's struck well, or hit with a bit of swerve and it goes in the net. Anything he has to dive for and it goes in the net. It's so poor. 

Like playing with an outfield player in goal for the entire season, well two seasons now.

• Like 5

He didn't really do too much wrong today but he's simply continually playing at a level that is above him.

Friends of mine on the dark side were genuinely baffled when we signed him, they didn't think him good enough for league one

• Like 1

Our policy of signing City youth players has been a poor one. Edozie, Bazuna, Larios, Charles all at best average championship players. Yes we struck gold with Lavia - but he looks highly injury prone. 
When you think about it, buying expensive youngsters who have barely played professional football and asking them to succeed in high pressure environments straight away is silly. 

• Like 2

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

Whilst that is damning evidence, we can't even compare Lumley as he's never played a league game.

No better time than now to give him a go! Sweet fuck all to play for for the last eight games.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

OwVLUFf.png

LSodRQX.png

He was the worst in Premier League history within this stat last season too

Was met with a bunch of idiotic “stats 😂“ comments on here, as if you don’t come to the same conclusion that he’s fucking useless when using your eyes

People legitimately believe these numbers are made up from nowhere because they’re too stupid to understand 

• Like 2

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

He was the worst in Premier League history within this stat last season too

Was met with a bunch of idiotic “stats 😂“ comments on here, as if you don’t come to the same conclusion that he’s fucking useless when using your eyes

People legitimately believe these numbers are made up from nowhere because they’re too stupid to understand 

I understand some people are sceptical and I would never just go off stats alone - but when you're seeing with your eyes that he lets everything in, and the numbers say he lets everything in... that's because he's letting everything in.

It's crazy 

• Like 9

I’ve held the position that we should persist with Gavin as he is a young keeper with the potential to be a really good asset. However, when ever he dives he doesn’t seem to get further than if he just fell over.  Shot stopping is too weak for him to be in a winning side. He needs to go out on loan for a season or two a la Lis. 

Leicester fans absolutely slating Baz tonight and saying he saves nothing.  He's been given a fair crack of the whip but it's clear he is very poor at shot stopping and rarely pulls off saves that keep us in matches. RM was wrong to give him such unequivocal backing at the Fan's Forum. I'm afraid he is a liability and seems to lack any kind of sharp reflexes or the ability to explode off either foot and make saves.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, saintant said:

Leicester fans absolutely slating Baz tonight and saying he saves nothing.  He's been given a fair crack of the whip but it's clear he is very poor at shot stopping and rarely pulls off saves that keep us in matches. RM was wrong to give him such unequivocal backing at the Fan's Forum. I'm afraid he is a liability and seems to lack any kind of sharp reflexes or the ability to explode off either foot and make saves.

Martin's managerial style is to back the players to the hilt but there's a time for that and a time for realism and a touch of ruthlessness in the pursuit of success. I would hope at the very least that Martin would be looking to make a change next year whatever league we happen to be in because it's plain to everyone that Bazunu at this age and with this experience is not currently cut out for a top championship club. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Gavin Bazunu