hypochondriac

2 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Good stops
Quick reactions
Sweeper/Keeper
Good distribution
Cucumber cool against incoming opponents

A good night for Baz.

He had a very good night.   Particularly liked when he smothered the advance of Conway and managed to dispossess him without fouling.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Yes he timed that one perfectly. Not easy, if not it would've been a penalty and sending off.

I just watched the Club website highlights - it really was a brave, smart piece of keeping.   As you say the risk of Baz fouling Conway, conceding a penalty and copping a red card was high.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

He made more than 1 good save

How? They had 1 shot on target.

Again, a save is stopping a shot going into the net. That is the definition. They had 1 shot on target, therefore he made 1 good save. Basic maths.

The rest of the good stuff he did wasn't making saves. He had a good game, we all saw it, the manager praised him in the interview. Do you have nothing better to do than being a twat on a football forum?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Again, a save is stopping a shot going into the net. That is the definition. They had 1 shot on target, therefore he made 1 good save. Basic maths.

The rest of the good stuff he did wasn't making saves. He had a good game, we all saw it, the manager praised him in the interview. Do you have nothing better to do than being a twat on a football forum?

That’s your definition. Coming out to snatch the ball off the feet of a striker who’s through on goal is also a save.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

You never watched the game, did you 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

It wasn't a shot on target though so he didn't save a goal. 

What a ridiculous thing to get hung up on when everyone is already praising his performance.

Of course he saved a goal.

I mentioned on an earlier thread about him coming to the edge of his box when an opposing forward was through and causing that opponent to put his shot wide of the goal.that is just as much a save as a fingertip push over the bar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I mentioned on an earlier thread about him coming to the edge of his box when an opposing forward was through and causing that opponent to put his shot wide of the goal.that is just as much a save as a fingertip push over the bar.

Don’t be so ridiculous, you can only making a “save” if you stop a shot on target going in.  In nearly 50 years of watching football I can’t recall one instance where a shot off target was met with cries of “what a fucking save that was” 😂

Baz’s fan club now want to redefine what a save is. 

The example you gave is good positioning, not a save ffs. 

• Like 1

That’s a bit vague. “An act of preventing someone scoring” could also be classified as fouling a striker who is about to score so as to give away a penalty. Ok, so they might score the penalty but it’s not much difference to a keeper making a save then a striker knocking in the rebound.

MLG mode off.

16 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Don’t be so ridiculous, you can only making a “save” if you stop a shot on target going in.  In nearly 50 years of watching football I can’t recall one instance where a shot off target was met with cries of “what a fucking save that was” 😂

Now you’re just being obtuse.

Nobody, not even you, can argue that he saved a goal. The word ‘save’ has multiple meanings. Not just the only one in your limited philosophy.

And I don’t know about your world but does every sentence have to include an obscene swear word?

You need to get out more.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Block41 Saint said:

I think it's a yellow card these days as he'd have made a genuine attempt to play the ball. 

That's assuming a competent ref!  If he wiped out the player without touching the ball he may have genuinely attempted to get the ball, but the ref could easily see it otherwise. If so, and the player would have been through on an empty goal, is it a red along with a penalty nowadays? I'm not sure if double jeopardy applies in that case.

7 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

"Baz's fan club"??? 

You are a strange supporter of Southampton. 

8 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

"Baz's fan club"??? 

You are a strange supporter of Southampton. 

23 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Just because someone is not in his hate club does make them a member of his fan club.

He applied the same warped logic to those of us that weren't overly critical of Ralph. Hey ho... each to their own I guess.... :)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It's all so  pedantic . Get a life you folks

Had a brilliant game on Wednesday.

I had concerns about him going into the season but I think he's found his level, just about.

Still don't think he's among the best in the division but he's got the whole season to prove Martin right and I hope he does, because we're not scoring much at the other end. 

Bazunu (and the CBs) have really stepped up in recent matches.

Last 10 matches - 8 goals allowed

oh, what's that you say? We are unbeated in the last 10 matches? It's not a coincidence. Our success or lack of success is going to hinge on our defensive performance this season.

* first 8 matches - 19 goals allowed.

We went from giving up more than 2 goals a match after the first 8 matches, to giving up less than 1 goal a match in our last 10 matches. Bravo.

Edited by SaintTex
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Gavin Bazunu