Sheffield Weds 1-2 Saints - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

17 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Odds on a Bazunu howler?

2-1 to Sheff Weds

I see that Batman has started the season with his usual optimism. Mind you, he thinks we will score a goal so it is not too gloomy. 😁😁😁

(I hope he is wrong).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Not that I wasn’t gutted about relegation or anything, but how nice is it going into games with a genuine expectation of winning again?

Agree. Given that I'm nervous of getting a result against a glorified League One side it also shows how far off Premier League quality we were last year.

• Like 1

We are in the championship, it's first game of the season and the scene of the first win we gained at this level after our last relegation from the top flight back in 2005.

We are still light at the back and need a striker.... But I believe!

3-1. 

AA, Adams and Amo-Ameyaw. A Triple A start to the season.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

We are in the championship, it's first game of the season and the scene of the first win we gained at this level after our last relegation from the top flight back in 2005.

We are still light at the back and need a striker.... But I believe!

3-1. 

AA, Adams and Amo-Ameyaw. A Triple A start to the season.

You can't use AA as an abbreviation any more ;) 

7 hours ago, James said:

I think the team will be:

Baz

Manning Janny B Stephens KWP

Smallbone JWP Alcaraz

Tella Adams Edozie

Possibly Arma in for Edozie.

Not a chance mate! Lavia & Livramento in. Adams Out

PS I should have gone to Specsavers [re: Kraken] 

Edited by Charlie Wayman
later post
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Where’s the best place to watch footy in town these days where it’s easy to get to the bar and there’s a good atmosphere?

Dunno about the atmosphere but I quite like London Road Brewhouse. A few TVs, big old bar, as likely as any to have a decent crowd in. If not, the Alex used to be a good crack but haven’t been there for years so don’t know if they show the football any more, I know they stopped for a bit but I thought they started it again.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this evenings game, more as I'm hoping it's the start of a new era of positive results than anything specific about the result tonight (I know that sounds counter-intuitive).

I'd love a win to get the good times rolling again straight away but will be very happy with a draw, which I'm really expecting, as we never win our first game and I expect it to be a raucous atmosphere which I'm not sure how our team will cope with. If we don't do anything stupid in the first 20-minutes we'll be OK.

0-2 to Saints.

A strong, early start gets us a lead. We just don't quite click to score more than a couple. Wednesday have to push. There's the odd moment where we don't clear our lines, along with mental fragility from last season. But we're fine and get a nice confidence boost from the win.

Tomorrow's winning numbers will be...

Evening all!! I'll be watching the game tonight on TV and wondering if a Now Tv pass is a good option. It's either that or *ahem* another provider. Can anyone tell me what the quality is like of the picture as it would be my first time using NOW TV. Cheers guys and I'm going for 2-1 Saints!!

Edited by BranfootsLoveChild

1 minute ago, BranfootsLoveChild said:

Evening all!! I'll be watching the game tonight on TV and windering if a now tv pass is a good option. It's either that or *ahem* another provider. Can anyone tell me what the quality is like of the picture asit would be my forst time using NOW TV. Cheers guys and I'm going for 2-1 Saints!!

Now tv has always been perfect for me. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Im actually genuinely excited for tonight, and I think we can start off with a win

baz

KWP Bednerak Stephens Manning

JWP Smallbone Alcaraz

Tella Arma Edozie

2-0 win… Arma brace

This is likely. The biggest doubt is whether Janny B is fit enough, if not I suppose Charles or Lyanco.

8 minutes ago, ArgentinianSaint said:

Hi guys, 

Do you know of any stream where I can get to watch today (and every) match?

I am from Argentina and used to watch it in an Argentinian app that streams EPL, but it does not stream Championship.

Thanks in advance, hope you can help!

Check here 30mins before the game, scroll down the page and there will be lots of streams to pick from amigo.

https://pl.soccerstreams100.io/event/eng-2/southampton-vs-sheffield-wed-live-soccer-stats/673459

Used the below website for over 2yrs, it always works bro, save this for all your streaming needs, football, F1 etc etc.

https://streamsgate.tv/

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If we start tonight with a midfield of 

Lavia jwp 

Tella 

Alcaraz 

Is that the best midfield that's ever played in the championship? I'd like to see it just for that reason alone. 

Tbf our midfield when last in this division was pretty tasty: Dean Hammond, Jack Cork, Morgan Schneiderlin, Adam Lallana.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stu Man Do said:

Any suggestions on stream sites please? Surprisingly difficult to find a bar to stream this to in Crete!

37 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Check here 30mins before the game, scroll down the page and there will be lots of streams to pick from amigo.

https://pl.soccerstreams100.io/event/eng-2/southampton-vs-sheffield-wed-live-soccer-stats/673459

Used the below website for over 2yrs, it always works bro, save this for all your streaming needs, football, F1 etc etc.

https://streamsgate.tv/

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Streaky said:

Tella hat trick and we win 3 1 

Followed by a post-game interview where he's beaming his big smile and declaring his love for the club, saying how excited he is for the season.

Media department come up with the hashtag #gleetella

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Sheffield Weds vs Saints - Match Thread
  • Jimmy_D changed the title to Sheffield Weds 1-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic