Ross Stewart

InvictaSaint

21 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Since I was passing by I thought I'd watch his show reel for the first time. Unlike Adams he seems to be able to head a ball (accurately and away from the keeper), use both feet, finds space well and even manages to make decent contact from scrappy balls at short range. Seems like an improvement then if he can replicate for us..

Thanks for passing by Sue!

• Haha 1

On 17/10/2023 at 20:41, trousers said:

Thanks; my hunch was that it was a quote from a while back 👍

Screenshot_20231017-203943.png

Jesus Christ him parroting patience, he's like one of those soppy eco-friendly hippy old women constantly going on about mantras and breathing techniques and talking to everyone in a simpering calm voice that eventually you end up just telling to fuck off. 

Imagine you hired a brickie to build a wall and he kept digging the foundation and then filling it in over and over without even a sign of a brick. When you ask him how long it's going to take he says "it takes time, be patient, I haven't used this trowel in 9 months". 

Stop telling us to be patient and do the fucking job you were hired to do you time waster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Jesus Christ him parroting patience, he's like one of those soppy eco-friendly hippy old women constantly going on about mantras and breathing techniques and talking to everyone in a simpering calm voice that eventually you end up just telling to fuck off. 

Imagine you hired a brickie to build a wall and he kept digging the foundation and then filling it in over and over without even a sign of a brick. When you ask him how long it's going to take he says "it takes time, be patient, I haven't used this trowel in 9 months". 

Stop telling us to be patient and do the fucking job you were hired to do you time waster.

Not really the same is it.

1 hour ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Not really the same is it.

54 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

It’s not even in the same ball park. Bless. 

Really? 

Martin has come in to win games and get us promoted. So far he's working hard on getting us playing passing football out from the back and keeping the ball at all costs. 

But he hasn't made any actual progress towards the job he's hired to do. 

I think he's a chancer who will do the same at every club he's ever at, but will point at certain statistics as "proof" he's a good coach and always just need a little more time and patience to get it right. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Didn’t hear him mentioned in part one of the hull press conference this morning, is he even close to fitness yet?

Highly doubt he will be involved in the squad seeing as we havent seen any pics or videos of him training with the team and surely after such a long injury he would need some U21 game time or friendlies etc?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Really? 

Martin has come in to win games and get us promoted. So far he's working hard on getting us playing passing football out from the back and keeping the ball at all costs. 

But he hasn't made any actual progress towards the job he's hired to do. 

I think he's a chancer who will do the same at every club he's ever at, but will point at certain statistics as "proof" he's a good coach and always just need a little more time and patience to get it right. 

Are you aware this is the Ross Stewart thread, where the manager has (very reasonably) asked for patience with him on the back of 9 months out with a very serious injury? Or is this just another opportunity to slag off RM?

Only surprise is you didn’t shoehorn criticism for Bazunu into it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Are you aware this is the Ross Stewart thread, where the manager has (very reasonably) asked for patience with him on the back of 9 months out with a very serious injury? Or is this just another opportunity to slag off RM?

Only surprise is you didn’t shoehorn criticism for Bazunu into it.

I am aware yes, we were discussing Martin asking for patience while waiting for the goalscorer we signed to fire us to promotion, on top of asking for patience while waiting for results, on top of asking for patience while waiting for his style of play to stop causing us to concede goals. 

I bet the second half of the season we'll hear how Stewart can't start games because we need to be patient and allow him to catch up on learning the new style of play. 

Also Bazunu is shit.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

Echo have an update at 10:30 tonight. Was in the written press part of the PC that is embargoed til tonight 

This embargoed until 1030pm bollox, belongs in the last century

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

I am aware yes, we were discussing Martin asking for patience while waiting for the goalscorer we signed to fire us to promotion, on top of asking for patience while waiting for results, on top of asking for patience while waiting for his style of play to stop causing us to concede goals. 

I bet the second half of the season we'll hear how Stewart can't start games because we need to be patient and allow him to catch up on learning the new style of play. 

Also Bazunu is shit.

Put down the shovel S_c, try not to let the word patience become a trigger for you.

This was clearly asking for patience on Ross's introduction to the team and then recapturing (hopefully) the Sunderland form, surely even the most rabid anti-Russell can see that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

Put down the shovel S_c, try not to let the word patience become a trigger for you.

This was clearly asking for patience on Ross's introduction to the team and then recapturing (hopefully) the Sunderland form, surely even the most rabid anti-Russell can see that?

Relax! he will be fine, it wont take him long to master helping the midfield recycle the ball between them and the centre backs

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

Is it worth ripping this from Sunderland (if he plays that is):

OOOOOO BABY DO YOU KNOW WHAT THATS WORTH ROSS STEWART IS THE BEST ON EARTH, THE LOCH NESS DROGBA IS JUST WHAT WE NEED, HE’LL TAKE SUNDERLAND TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE

Assume this is to the tune of Belinda Carlise classic? What about the Northam classic

One Ross Stewart, theres only one Ross Stewart clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap 

1 hour ago, EBS1980 said:

Enables newspapers to run stories that aren’t out there already

Yeah, I get the logic, but given all "newspapers" have an online / realtime presence these days, all that happens is said newspapers just post their "scoops" online at 10:30pm... It's not like the old days where the first you heard about something was when the physical newspaper landed on your doormat... There's no real difference these days between a broadcaster, such as BBC Radio Solent, and a newspaper, such as the Daily Echo, in terms of how they publish their "news"... I.e. usually on Twitter, or whatever it's called these days... 

Edited by trousers

8 hours ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

Is it worth ripping this from Sunderland (if he plays that is):

OOOOOO BABY DO YOU KNOW WHAT THATS WORTH ROSS STEWART IS THE BEST ON EARTH, THE LOCH NESS DROGBA IS JUST WHAT WE NEED, HE’LL TAKE SUNDERLAND TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE

Knowing our fuckwits it would end up as: ooh Pompey do you know what he’s worth, Ross Stewart is the best on earth. The Loch Ness drogba is just what we need, he loves scoring and he hates Pompey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

It's nearly time for me to do the most horrific and challenging Photoshop of my career in honour of the Loch Ness Drogba.

Tomorrow he plays at some point.

The abomination you never knew you needed, the loch ness monster, dider drogba's hair and ross stewart.

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 21.54.39.png

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

You do wonder why we signed this guy. I can't see him making any real contributions until December if then. If we had signed someone who wasn't injured then they could have contributed right away. We could have just signed Stewart in January if we wanted him. 

We tried to sign another striker (in addition to Stewart), but the Adams deal didn’t materialise so it didn’t happen.

I think they hope Stewart will be in full swing by January, when Adams will go. Hadn’t factored in just how shit Adams would be during the intervening period.

9 hours ago, trousers said:

Anyone else got a hunch that we're not going to see him this side of Christmas...? #glasshalffull

Why's it matter, we were told a few months ago by a number of fans that Che is irreplaceable and in no way should we sell him. We still have Super Che, so we should be fine. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

You do wonder why we signed this guy. I can't see him making any real contributions until December if then. If we had signed someone who wasn't injured then they could have contributed right away. We could have just signed Stewart in January if we wanted him. 

We still have Che though, which I seem to remember was paramount to you, and we only play one striker, so where's the issue? 

9 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

#greedy 😂

Don't think we ever had any serious intentions of being promoted this season, signing a new striker after a major injury with question marks over when he'll be able to play again 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Farmer Saint said:

We still have Che though, which I seem to remember was paramount to you, and we only play one striker, so where's the issue? 

I didn't want us to sell all our players which we didn't end up doing I hope the end. I would have been OK with selling Che had we brought in a adequate replacement. 

It's certainly an odd situation. Sunderland were planning on playing him in a behind closed doors friendly in September. 

Is it just a case of our medical team have different opinions on it or has he had a bit of a setback? Either way Martin said we would see him back around now and that clearly isn't the case. 

27 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

It's certainly an odd situation. Sunderland were planning on playing him in a behind closed doors friendly in September. 

Is it just a case of our medical team have different opinions on it or has he had a bit of a setback? Either way Martin said we would see him back around now and that clearly isn't the case. 

I think that closed doors friendly thing was salesmanship to suggest he was readier than he was. 

Martin hoped he would be involved after the International break. But he’s not played contact football yet it appears ( from the last press conference it seems) so he is unlikely to be rushed in This 3 matches in a week period. 

I think you are probably right in that our medical team has a tough criteria that RS is not yet up to.
I’m hoping Che ( and Mara) regard this as an opportunity to make themselves undroppable (by scoring when on) as it’s clear there will only be one playing out of those three at any time - and sometimes zero if Charlie plays false 9 - which is in the playback also. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gio1saints said:

I think that closed doors friendly thing was salesmanship to suggest he was readier than he was. 

How does that work then, Sunderland were not exactly trying to offload him? Its probably as simple as he suffered a minor setback, if he is still a bit more than a week away that still fits in pretty well with "after the international break", these things are not an exact science. Martin was talking about Stephens being back about now as well, but no signs of that happening any time soon (Wilcox said unlikely before Christmas).

On 20/10/2023 at 07:02, Saint_clark said:

I disagree with you but that post is funny as fuck.

25 minutes ago, Saint IQ said:

Best make an appearance off the bench before November otherwise what was the point in signing him before January when he'd have only 6 months left on his contract.

Fully expecting him to be completely fluent in Russball by the time he's fit and not needing any time for gelling or adjusting to it at all.