Hull 1-2 Saints - Match Thread

Stud mark of doom

We are moving the ball into the box. Now, you'd think haveing removed all the direct, physical players form the squad and trained them to pass, pass and pass... that was the way that would go. But nope. Today, we've implemented the hitting-it-to-people-who-will-never-win-an-aerial-challenge tactic. Wasted.

We are getting more up, byt the looks of it. Which could mean anything can happen really. Disapointed to see them paly it sharply out from the back. I'm sure they don;t have our levels of training or such a capable goalkeeper for that. Next time, they won;t be so lucky, surely. 🙂

Just now, Saint NL said:

Fraser on.

If we lose the ball in the middle, within 10 seconds hull have a shot. We need some of that urgency

Wasn't it part of Peps philosophy at Barca that they try to get a shot on target within 8 seconds of winning the ball back otherwise they recycle possession? 

10 minutes ago I received a telegraph that read Hull player will pass to number 7. Stop. I wondered what it was. When it actually happened our whole defence managed to get them sucked into the wrong posistion and miss that pass. I guess they didn;t get that message.. or the smoke signals.. or the carrier pigeons...

meanwhile, any Hull attack can take advantage of huge gaps in the same position our tactic always leaves. No attacking advantage of numbers tucked in, when we can;t construct any  incisive passing moves form them, and knacker ourselves running back to cover any remotely direct opponents.

Martin will look at Smallbone's effort as one from his tactic. But it actually took a direct run from someone to create it. As usual, with plenty of their players back.

In a previous game, I thought Smallbone did well to get a good effort in. Today, in a better posisiton, it ws the same technique and had it fallen to a more natural finisher that might have been a better outcome. Smallbone is asked to cover a lot of roles.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Hull 1-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic