Hull 1-2 Saints - Match Thread

Stud mark of doom

A lesson from this and other games this season is that the Premier League is almost like a different sport. Like when a population of a species becomes isolated  and begins to evolve independently and in a different direction, to the point of being on the cusp of a totally new species. 

Edited by adrian lord
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Genuinely don't think Pellegrino would be doing any worse than Martin if I'm honest.

I don't see how he is doing badly. I'd have expected 20 points by now. As it stands, we have 18. That's very slightly less than I thought. It could be MUCH worse.

• Haha 5

I hope nobody complaining went to the fans forum as apparently everyone went away happy from that. He was so impressive allegedly. As I said at the time, it’s just words. I went away desperately hoping but very skeptical because he says a lot but never follows it up on the pitch.  Some people are so easily persuaded by words.

• Like 4

Just now, saints-til-i-die said:

I hope nobody complaining went to the fans forum as apparently everyone went away happy from that. He was so impressive allegedly. As I said at the time, it’s just words. I went away desperately hoping but very skeptical because he says a lot but never follows it up on the pitch.  Some people are so easily persuaded by words.

He's a conman.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, saints-til-i-die said:

Talk is cheap. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

We are there for the taking and hull know it, need to raise our game 

Agree - I was about to post similar. They’re slightly edging the game with slicker passing, better pressing and more pace so I’m expecting them to capitalise in the second half. Watch Russ make the inevitable three subs at around 60 minutes which will help them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

My friend is a Leeds fan and thinks Farke is doing a cracking job. Also I look at their comments on Facebook and haven't seen a single "Farke out" comment.

It's a little bit different because Farke at least has a decent track record so was always going to be given more time. If they are struggling in 10 games I reckon you will see it turn on him

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I can understand why people aren't happy, sure. What I can't understand is why they're suicidal. It's been average IMO. Thing is, if we win, it'll have "papered over the cracks" or something.

You say that as if isn't exactly the thing it will do 

If you think being as good as Hull is our ceiling then we're really in for mid-table obscurity.

The performance from the few minutes I could stand, is the same insipid performance we've put out since maybe game 3 and one half against Leeds aside.

At least until this point he could be given the benefit of the doubt. We're 12 games in and going backwards if anything. I think most of doubt has gone.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't see how he is doing badly. I'd have expected 20 points by now. As it stands, we have 18. That's very slightly less than I thought. It could be MUCH worse.

Well, setting a very low bar and being ok with not quite achieving it  is one way to avoid disappointment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, SambaMaverick said:

Do we reckon RM is capable of a half time rocket? I don't at all

"I've got a fucking stat here that says we had the most successful dribbles in the first half...what the fuck are you useless twats doing running with the ball? Fucking pass it to Jan and Taylor so they can pass it between each other and get those possession stats up, just like we fucking talking about!! Useless cunts"

• Haha 1

Stu's touch just a bit heavy runnign onto that in the middle...

Hull sort of on the break. We have improved in that respsect. We now have as many back as they have forward, which is an improvement of 1 person running back to cover every attacker.

But Hull's direct running into space looks for likely than our hitting form outside the box against a set defence. That's somethign that hasn;t changed, sadly.

Just now, The Juice said:

I will just absolutely never rate A.Armstrong (or Che, for the record)... good moments, some goals, but ultimately just poor poor player(s)

It's been proven time and time again that you don't need to be a good player to be a good goalscorer at this level. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Hull 1-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic