Hull 1-2 Saints - Match Thread

Stud mark of doom

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

The A1 is closed in both directions near Newark, so anyone travelling up by car is likely to face delays as well.

Let's hope the fans get a decent performance today after all the effort being made to get there. 

• Like 2

Reminds me of the chaos trying to get to Wigan for the cup 1/4 final in the snow a few years back. Delighted I made the decision to swerve today although I’m gutted to be missing out on our possession based winning football. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, LGTL said:

Reminds me of the chaos trying to get to Wigan for the cup 1/4 final in the snow a few years back. Delighted I made the decision to swerve today although I’m gutted to be missing out on our possession based football. 

There you go, mate. 

2 hours ago, LGTL said:

Reminds me of the chaos trying to get to Wigan for the cup 1/4 final in the snow a few years back. Delighted I made the decision to swerve today although I’m gutted to be missing out on our possession based winning football. 

Went up the night before for a night on the town in Wigan. 

#ITK

• Like 1

On 19/10/2023 at 10:42, Zorba said:

2-2

They score first early from a defensive cock-up, we somehow score two because they’re rubbish. They get an equaliser in the last 5 minutes from a counter attack from our corner.. because we’re rubbish.

We should be braver on the ball, 98 times out of 100 we win that game. We are getting there. Be patient. It will take time. Blah blah blah..

Rinse & Repeat

https://youtu.be/f4oWpvJ0f8Q?si=GgR4aZ-V72Bmpxf4

I take it you won't be travelling to Hull today.

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

That team should win. 

Let's see if they play in a way that is conducive to winning. 

My only concern is that we're too flaky in the centre of midfield. We play some nice stuff at times, but are too easy to penetrate.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Alright, so...I shouldn't be expecting a win? 

What's happening with Saints that we are just so happy to accept failure. Jesus Christ.

Maybe it’s because us fans have been told to be patient, that mastering a new style of play takes time and that it will come good eventually. This hardly suggests imminent success, does it?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kingsland Codger said:

Maybe it’s because us fans have been told to be patient, that mastering a new style of play takes time and that it will come good eventually. This hardly suggests imminent success, does it?

Fair enough. No point in watching then I guess. 

27 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

My only concern is that we're too flaky in the centre of midfield. We play some nice stuff at times, but are too easy to penetrate.

Agree , as usual got to hope we actually take some of the chances created, good bet for both teams to score, likely we'll concede 

4 hours ago, JRM said:

They've cancelled most trains so loads of fans are stranded 

Just had a nice photo of a load of Saints fans I know having drink and meal in a cosy pub near ground looking like they are having a decent time.

43 minutes ago, disconnect said:

I think Charles and Edozie are unlucky not to be in there. Smallbone very lucky to keep being selected, although was ok in the last match I guess. 

Sulemana for a goal or assist, and at least one booking for a player hacking him down

Smallbone is the academy poster boy now, he won’t get dropped no matter how shit he is.

This picture quality really is shite isn’t it. I’d want a refund if I’d paid for this 😂

• Confused 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Hull 1-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic