Hull 1-2 Saints - Match Thread

Stud mark of doom

3 minutes ago, obelisk said:

Ref is giving them everything. So one-sided it's crazy.

Every fan thinks the referee is giving the other team everything in every game tbf.

Case in point: He's just given Hull a harsh booking.

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get trying to get a style of football that would work in the prem. There's no point playing a hoofball and going up if we get demolished. I would happily give up a season to do that. But does anyone see this style working in the prem? It's just awful, it's not original, it's not challenging to play against. There is a reason it has never resulted in a team getting promoted.

• Like 4

Another shit half where we look no better than midtable Championship opposition, in fact I’d say we looked worse.

KWP the only positive. Need to get Sulemana involved more and really disappointed with Alcaraz yet again. The experiment with him up top is not working for me. Che the obvious change.

• Like 2

It's boring. Passive, negative football.  I struggle to stay awake ar SMS so I can't see how the Saints players can pickup the pace or be more attacking and faster if they needed when 2 one 1 down or 1 down, 2 down. Its almost that we start the game with a draw or don't let 2 in mentality. The team is completely unbalanced some players 8/10 some 3/10. Its better to have players at allotment same level.

• Like 5

Sorry but this dreadful. Opponents just know how to counter this crab like stuff by now. Endlessly losing the ball in our own half won't help to win games. Even when Saints get upfield there doesn't seem to be much confidence or any plan.

• Like 4

Just now, saintant said:

Don't recall anyone claiming Leeds manager can do no wrong.

Their fans. They love him. But they're only one point above us. Yet our manager is the worst manager in the history of anything and makes Pellegrino look like Bobby Robson according to some.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

It's not been anywhere near as bad as everyone's making it out to be. It's been...Alright.

Agreed.

We've been much worse in recent weeks. 

I can understand people aren't happy, we are playing possession football with 46.3% of the ball 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Highlight of the half was manning getting a 5th booking, ensuring he can't play the next game. 

Nothing going forward bar a couple of instances of individual skill, midfield pedestrian and sloppy in possession and defense playing themselves into trouble any chance they get, a typical saints performance.

• Like 1

Just now, Saint NL said:

Agreed.

I can understand people aren't happy, we are playing possession football with 46.3% of the ball 😂

I can understand why people aren't happy, sure. What I can't understand is why they're suicidal. It's been average IMO. Thing is, if we win, it'll have "papered over the cracks" or something.

• Haha 2

Their fans. They love him. But they're only one point above us. Yet our manager is the worst manager in the history of anything and makes Pellegrino look like Bobby Robson according to some.

Genuinely don't think Pellegrino would be doing any worse than Martin if I'm honest.

• Haha 1

They don’t. I have family and friends who are Leeds season tickets holders and they are a tad more frustrated and angry with their Board and manager than our passive masses. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Agreed.

I mean that makes it even more ridiculous. We're sacrificing attacking intent and defensive stability for a possession base philosophy and we aren't even having the majority of possession.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Andy Hill said:

If we go 2-1 down then it is game over with our mentality.

Agree, but I don't just think it's our mentality, but also largely our ability as well.  Other than KWP, we are not very good.

Edited by Micky

1 minute ago, Miltonaggro said:

They don’t. I have family and friends who are Leeds season tickets holders and they are a tad more frustrated and angry with their Board and manager than our passive masses. 

My friend is a Leeds fan and thinks Farke is doing a cracking job. Also I look at their comments on Facebook and haven't seen a single "Farke out" comment.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bewildered said:

Highlight of the half was manning getting a 5th booking, ensuring he can't play the next game. 

Nothing going forward bar a couple of instances of individual skill, midfield pedestrian and sloppy in possession and defense playing themselves into trouble any chance they get, a typical saints performance.

RM is attempting to coach possession based football yet, rather than building play in a measured way we are reliant on a couple of instances of individual skill. Something not working unless I'm missing something. Still, we're promised that eventually it will suddenly just click into gear - not under RM and his coaches it won't.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Hull 1-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic