Hull 1-2 Saints - Match Thread

Stud mark of doom

2-2

They score first early from a defensive cock-up, we somehow score two because they’re rubbish. They get an equaliser in the last 5 minutes from a counter attack from our corner.. because we’re rubbish.

We should be braver on the ball, 98 times out of 100 we win that game. We are getting there. Be patient. It will take time. Blah blah blah..

Rinse & Repeat

https://youtu.be/f4oWpvJ0f8Q?si=GgR4aZ-V72Bmpxf4

• Confused 1

A win for us. The international break results in us forgetting Martin's passball. Panicking, we play a few quick passes forward to Armstrong and find ourselves 2 nil up. Martin's half time talk about posession at any cost hampers us, but we manage not to concede. The defence look confused at the final whistle, unsure of how to react to another clean sheet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Yorkshire Saint said:

A northern Saint gave this great overview...

No wonder some fans are fat if they are taking cabs for those short distances! Sounds like some good pubs in that list.

I have a Hull fan as a friend and she wasn't going to tell me which pub they were planning to use for their Southampton visit but I managed to guess first time.. it's one I often go in for the decent beer, but probably best not to say which one..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InTheChannel said:

https://inthechannel.blogspot.com/2023/10/lets-not-underestimate-tigers.html?m=1

A look ahead to this Saturday’s match

Enjoy 😇🔴

Mmm, temper expectations indeed. Hull have all the attributes to play a low possession containment game and break quickly with clinical finishing. Not an easy game in the slightest.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, suewhistle said:

No wonder some fans are fat if they are taking cabs for those short distances! Sounds like some good pubs in that list.

I have a Hull fan as a friend and she wasn't going to tell me which pub they were planning to use for their Southampton visit but I managed to guess first time.. it's one I often go in for the decent beer, but probably best not to say which one..

Why not ?

• Like 1

On 18/10/2023 at 19:52, Turkish said:

be interesting to see how our plays cope with the venom and hated they will encounter when they enter the fray on saturday. Lets hope they dont do this in from of the DEF or the very least the tigers can expect is a giant foam hand wrapped round their cannister

Jesus H Christ! They should be deducted points for the alone. 

29 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I hope the 'get it forward' mouth-breathers appreciate the style of our defeat.....

Who knows if they will but a possession, possession, possession defeat will make it so much better to accept...... apparently

"We are going in the right direction, it takes time" or something, something, scars, brave 🤮

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I now want to go to Hull for the weekend just to go there ... and probably ruin my memories with the new era of helmets I'd no doubt find haha 

Spiders is probably now an LGBT club serving vegan street food with non alcoholic ginger beer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

City of Culture once I believe, anything else Hull’s famous for? Could only think of Jenny and her camp friend in the caravan on Gogglebox, a bridge that takes you out of the place and some years back there was some fella from Hull with Keith Lemon on Celebrity Juice wearing the SFC Sash Shirt.

7 years ago today many of us were stood outside some Milan bar in warm sunshine with a cold Birra Moretti in hand - tomorrow it will be wind and rain lashing sidewards off the north sea and cup of hot Bovril. How times have changed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Rotherham game called off because of Storm Babet apparently. Any risk to our game I wonder.....

The weather up here is horrendous. Floods and lots of accidents on the roads. All local football called off for the weekend. The weather is meant to be okay tomorrow morning but heavy rain and wind until about 4am. Should be okay given that but been a bit of a battering in this area the last 48 hours

1 hour ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

City of Culture once I believe, anything else Hull’s famous for? Could only think of Jenny and her camp friend in the caravan on Gogglebox, a bridge that takes you out of the place and some years back there was some fella from Hull with Keith Lemon on Celebrity Juice wearing the SFC Sash Shirt.

7 years ago today many of us were stood outside some Milan bar in warm sunshine with a cold Birra Moretti in hand - tomorrow it will be wind and rain lashing sidewards off the north sea and cup of hot Bovril. How times have changed.

Only Fools and Horses: Season 0 (1981) — The Movie Database (TMDB)

image.jpeg.23868103b8bf7e89d6a9a189249bde54.jpeg

image.jpeg.db02cbf9d92b50e4552666243d0bdacb.jpeg

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Rotherham game called off because of Storm Babet apparently. Any risk to our game I wonder.....

Apparently the pitch is playable but it's next to the river which has flooded the surroundings.

Hull's stadium is away from the river so hopefully will be OK

13 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

Apparently the pitch is playable but it's next to the river which has flooded the surroundings.

Hull's stadium is away from the river so hopefully will be OK

It's not just the ground itself though. We've had some severe flooding in Sheffield with over 120mm rainfall (more than a month's worth) recorded in 24 hours. It's caused major disruption to the A1, and the train lines between here and Leeds, Nottingham and Doncaster are all closed, which will affect services to Hull.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this game gets called off. 

Edited by Sheaf Saint

• Lighthouse changed the title to Hull 1-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic