Saints Kits Season 2024/25

Master Bates

Does anyone actually care what kit we wear? Obviously there are preferences but never understood why people get so up in arms about it if we aren't wearing stripes. My least favourite kit was the white with red sash from the League One promotion season. Didn't like the kit but doesn't make me love the season any less.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Does anyone actually care what kit we wear? Obviously there are preferences but never understood why people get so up in arms about it if we aren't wearing stripes. My least favourite kit was the white with red sash from the League One promotion season. Didn't like the kit but doesn't make me love the season any less.

You probably won't find anyone here who is losing sleep over kit selection. It's just people expressing an opinion. (Or sitting on the fence) on an internet football forum. It's those that worry about how people react to kit decisions I I feel most concerned about... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, trousers said:

You probably won't find anyone here who is losing sleep over kit selection. It's just people expressing an opinion. (Or sitting on the fence) on an internet football forum. It's those that worry about how people react to kit decisions I I feel most concerned about... ;)

That's a good point. I didn't mean the "Oh I don't like that kit" type, I meant the "OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE WE HAVEN'T GOT STRIPES, WE'RE DISRESPECTING OUR HISTORY, TED BATES WOULD BE TURNING IN HIS GRAVE, I'M DONE WITH THIS CLUB" types.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

That's a good point. I didn't mean the "Oh I don't like that kit" type, I meant the "OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE WE HAVEN'T GOT STRIPES, WE'RE DISRESPECTING OUR HISTORY, TED BATES WOULD BE TURNING IN HIS GRAVE, I'M DONE WITH THIS CLUB" types.

Can’t really see what’s so wrong with wanting to stick with (or liking) our traditional identity, but hey-ho…

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SW11_Saint said:

Can’t really see what’s so wrong with wanting to stick with (or liking) our traditional identity, but hey-ho…

If it ain’t broke, break it anyway 😉

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is it confirmed we're going with Puma next season?

I've flat out refused to ever buy anything of theirs again after seeing this when I was looking for a new gym top in TK Maxx a while ago:

image.thumb.jpeg.84786a6692b93e2afb32dafdc4949443.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I've flat out refused to ever buy anything of theirs again after seeing this when I was looking for a new gym top in TK Maxx a while ago:

Yeah this is embarrassingly insulting. I remember seeing this about 15 years ago, it's like something Jeremy from Peep Show would say.

I'll be checking in with https://soccer03.store before I spend anything with Puma.

3 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Now shay it in a Danishhhh voice and imagine a voice over by Ankus Rasmussen…

22 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Being generous that feels to me as though they are being funny or post modern by having a brazen message rather than the usual subtle messaging.

I quite like the City one. The sponsors logo doesn’t look like a piece of wrong coloured plastic which has been glued on at the last second like half of ours in the past. Also the space it’s one fits neatly into the stripes.

Basically, look at Saints 2008-10 home shirt for everything I find dreadful about a football shirt.

Edit: This year’s home kit is crap too. I said it’d just look half pink from any sort of distance and it does.

On 09/05/2024 at 18:31, SambaMaverick said:

That City kit is smart if you ask me

Personally o never like a kit that focuses on the sponsor more than the kit itself, but each to their own, I’d want a proper striped back too, given those rules don’t actually seem to exist. 

Work to do…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Personally o never like a kit that focuses on the sponsor more than the kit itself, but each to their own, I’d want a proper striped back too, given those rules don’t actually seem to exist. 

Work to do…

100% this.

Posted (edited)

Work to do…

14 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

100% this.

Ditto. 

If the full shirt isn't striped, then I'd prefer a different design frankly. Halves, or Keegan era.

Edited by Badger

Work to do…

I'd rather have a solid back if all they can manage is stripes on the lower back. Wonder when the last time we had stripes on the back? Guessing Koeman era, maybe.

Never a fan of the stripes .. boring design that mostly look the same, and makes us look like all the others like stoke, Sheffield united ,Sunderland, Brentford .

id rather we ran With the xerox or  This years one permanenty. Gives us more identity 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Never a fan of the stripes .. boring design that mostly look the same, and makes us look like all the others like stoke, Sheffield united ,Sunderland, Brentford .

id rather we ran With the xerox or  This years one permanenty. Gives us more identity 

Nothing wrong with the stripes. Don't care if other clubs wear it. 

Wouldn't be against moving to the sash permanently. 

2 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Yep! Looks smart and a cut above.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

We lost that when we swapped the Dell for an identical kit form stadium. 

Edited by Block41 Saint

8 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

Don’t know where this came from, might have been here. Probably fake as looks like our shirt from the JPT final. 

IMG_1653.jpeg

Looks similar to the Milan 23/24 markings 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

Don’t know where this came from, might have been here. Probably fake as looks like our shirt from the JPT final. 

IMG_1653.jpeg

From a tweet about a month ago where the poster declared it was concept design...

Screenshot_20240513-205249~2.png

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2

Whilst we’re talking about Saints’ kits, I grabbed this screenshot a few years ago from an episode of “Seconds From Disaster: Black Hawk Down (2012)” This scene is when the locals are breaking into a crashed helicopter. When did we use this shirt?

20201203_230538_resized.jpeg

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Whilst we’re talking about Saints’ kits, I grabbed this screenshot a few years ago from an episode of “Seconds From Disaster: Black Hawk Down (2012)” This scene is when the locals are breaking into a crashed helicopter. When did we use this shirt?

20201203_230538_resized.jpeg

That was the second of our Pony kits - after the "tick" one (think those Le Tissier goals vs Newcastle).

Worn in our two post-Alan Ball and pre-Rupert Lowe eras, the Merrington and Souness seasons.

Basically Gordon Watson and Neil Shipperley, before the wanking incident of course.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trousers said:

@Harold K Steptoe any kit news sir? :)

No but I've got the next best thing.

4qu1nyky390d1.jpeg

Looking forward to see all of you in the 1885 squad decked out in the new uniform. Having said that, not sure why RM is pictured in some degree of pain from getting pelted by several footballs, hope it isn't a bad omen.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

4qu1nyky390d1.jpeg

Looking forward to see all of you in the 1885 squad decked out in the new uniform. Having said that, not sure why RM is pictured in some degree of pain from getting pelted by several footballs, hope it isn't a bad omen.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6eb2c4baa68b2320dbc0cd1277f0de9.jpeg

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Basically Gordon Watson and Neil Shipperley, before the wanking incident of course.

What was the wanking incident?

7 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

4qu1nyky390d1.jpeg

Is it concerning that ET's finger is pointing at it?

7 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

4qu1nyky390d1.jpeg

Its amazing what a designer can do given one minute and 45 seconds.