The Really, Really, Really Milking a Joke about Brooks being Cup Tied Thread

Turkish

Just now, Turkish said:

Be good to give Brooks plenty of game time to get to speed with Russball. Hopefully he'll start and play the full 90 mins

Definitely. Really looking forward to him making his home debut. I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be selected tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Cat said:

Definitely. Really looking forward to him making his home debut. I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be selected tomorrow.

hopefully the fans can get behind him and Gio saints can get the Brooks song started from his seat whilst cheering on other 11 players he's selected to start.

• Haha 3

Just now, Turkish said:

hopefully the fans can get behind him and Gio saints can get the Brooks song started from his seat whilst cheering on other 11 players he's selected to start.

Personally I'm just sorting out a "can I have your shirt Brooks" sign. Hoping to see @JRM down the front after the game with his oversized homemade tin foil FA Cup replica.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Well if I’m starting a little ditty it certainly won’t be about brooks anymore. I’ve gone right off him now I’ve just realised , like yourself, that he’s mugged Saints off by being cup tied. 🤭
ps. 
think “I wish I could be like Jack Stephens “ is gonna have to do. 

Typical fickle Saints fans, writing new signings after what, a cameo on Saturday? Absolute disgrace some people.

Personally I think David Brooks should be in the FA Cup team and good luck him.

Get out there David and prove some people wrong 👍👍👍👊👍👏

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sandwichsaint said:

Reckon we might see Tella for this one. He has done OK so far in his first team cameos; if not now, then when?

Jankewitz must be chomping at the bit as well. Lot of hype, and I think he's ready to last 90 minutes in the first team.

12 minutes ago, trousers said:

Lumley, Manning, Stephens, THB, Meghoma, Charles, Bragg, Smallbone, Rothwell, Brooks, Mara

COYR!!

I think Lumley is cup-tied because he played in the first match at Watford.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Update regarding Brooks 

Ha nice mind games Gilly. I remember when Adkins used to say similar things about injured players and then they’d start.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Ha nice mind games Gilly. I remember when Adkins used to say similar things about injured players and then they’d start.  

Is it time for the cup-tied rules to be reviewed?    Say, in the next 10 or eleven hours?   Seems a travesty that Brooks can't play!

31 minutes ago, austsaint said:

Is it time for the cup-tied rules to be reviewed?    Say, in the next 10 or eleven hours?   Seems a travesty that Brooks can't play!

Just play him under a different name simples.

Joe Aribo, Sulemana as neither of those will be about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, austsaint said:

i doubt they'll do anything, the FA have an anti saints agenda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Anyone heard the rumour about Brooks starting? 

According to the nico Lawrence thread, nico the centre back is starting at right back, presumably to allow Brooks the freedom to play right wing without defensive responsibilities.

I can’t wait to see how our new right hand side performs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

According to the nico Lawrence thread, nico the centre back is starting at right back, presumably to allow Brooks the freedom to play right wing without defensive responsibilities.

I can’t wait to see how our new right hand side performs.

Because no centre back has ever played right back….

38 minutes ago, CWD said:

Buzzing for tonight. Just putting the finishing touches to my “David Brooks can I have your shirt” sign.

Unsure if this has been asked but can he start? Thought he’d be cup tied…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

No obvious stream tonight that I can see. Annoying as work commitments mean can’t make game

As long as someone on here can keep us postred on how Brooks is doing then that'll do for me

• Like 1

Its not just about the 11 on the pitch. It’s about the team and how the supporters feel about it. IF David Brooks is not playing but in the stands most of us I’m sure would confirm it’s still worth at least a goal and an assist to us. 👍🤭

No wonder everyone will be singing his “ I wish I could play like David brooks fafafafafa” song later tonight. 🙌

I just hope Kyle “no-song” Walker-Peters does not get funny about it all and takes it in good humour. I mean- Adam hadn’t got a proper song either so there’s a possibility of a bit on inteam jealousy developing. I think I saw aspects of that last home match when the “ Ari-BO-BO” song rang out a while up Northam. I turned to my neighbour and says “ that’s a bit daft seeing as he’s in fucking Africa right now” but it’s a popular tune I guess and there’s no denying his popularity despite hardly ever playing. I imagine Stu and co must be happy that a colleague in Africa is still so cared about that we sing a song about him - but not those performing on the pitch. But they are professionals so what’s good for Joe is good for all! That’s the spirit RM has instilled in them. Long May it continue! 🤭😇

Edited by gio1saints
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, malcolm waldron said:

Just bumped into Brooksy at Hamworthy Tesco Extra.  He didn't say much (in fact anything) but from the look on his face I can tell he's absolutely buzzing about tonight.

There aren't any Tesco stores in Hamworthy, according to Google Maps.... the plot thickens.... you didn't happen to catch sight of his earlobes, per chance?

image.thumb.png.9a1d9639a807c9ba768eeebc951f486f.png

Edited by trousers