Saints 5-3 Huddersfield - Match Thread

goodymatt

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 5-3 Huddersfield - Match Thread

Said this at half-time 

"Can't believe how quick people are to turn. We've had one of the most incredible runs of all-time, thanks to a brilliant manager and superb team. Any football game in any league can be lost. It's how football works. But this one is still wide open for us. The next goal crucial of course."

Truly hope we never again give up on THIS team and THIS manager with just a 2-goal deficit.    When you come back from that, it is the SWEETEST feeling.  Bravo, Saints....
  • Like 23

What an odd game. We were terrible for large parts of it and I have no idea how we managed to win. Our passing was aimless and we didn't attack or defend with purpose. When we did we sliced them apart. Roll on the next game.

• Like 1

Superb win and some great goals but RM needs to sort out the defence - not sure where our solid back line was today. Thought the unbeaten run was going to end today. Brooks is going to be brilliant for us in the run-in.

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Bon appetit by the way...

2 minutes ago, Viking Saint said:

Do you want fries with that??

Sing a song of sixpence a pocket full of rye, 4 and twenty pube hairs baked in a pie...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Big Colin Calderwood wont be happy with the defending today. 

The resilience we've built is unbelievable. Even at 2 down I thought we would still get something. Didnt expect 5 in the second half though. Some lovely play to get us over the line.

Fair play to Udders, if they give the manager the job and play like that more regularly they'll stay up no problem.

• Like 1

Mara was sensational.  Sulemana was not good - typical George Lawrence impression - and S Armstrong was really awful.

Mara should start next game - he has some lovely skills and must be full of confidence right now.

Saints dodged a bullet there - fair play to Huddersfield.  They were the better team for most of the match and never gave up.

• Like 2

Fucking get in!!

What a team performance; all the second string roles rolled their sleeves up and showed what they are made of.

Late in the 2nd half; KWP, Brookes & Sulemana taking turns to beat their LB & LCB - we have a depth in the squad (at this level) that I don’t remember us ever having.

Mara’s hold up game was immense too - he’s really looking like a player now.

That result will be absolutely massive for team learning & confidence, and demoralising for our rivals 

25 you beauties. COYR

• Like 1

I've said for a long time that Leeds have the most and best firepower in the League which is why they are the greatest threat. But wow if our own attacking talent didn't turn that around for us. Substitute players all did their jobs today.

• Like 1

Mara has done some serious work in the gym. He absolutely shrugged a couple of players off a couple of times there. Can't see a case for starting Che over him any more. Tough choice between Edozie and Fraser for the other starting spot up front.

• Like 5

UN B LEEEEVABLE! 

What a team. What a contrast in the second half. Rothwell goals just unbelievable. Then a lucky deflection for Huddersfield and still the heads don't go down - score against us would-ya? Okay we'll score 3!

Great game and credit to Huddersfield - I hope they do well for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, washsaint said:

Mara was sensational.  Sulemana was not good - typical George Lawrence impression - and S Armstrong was really awful.

Mara should start next game - he has some lovely skills and must be full of confidence right now.

There's a player in there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coalman said:

Mara has done some serious work in the gym. He absolutely shrugged a couple of players off a couple of times there. Can't see a case for starting Che over him any more. Tough choice between Edozie and Fraser for the other starting spot up front.

I thought he was brilliant. He definitely looks to have got his head down and worked in his strength. He looked so much bigger than last season and finally looks confident. Start him vs Bristol I say!

• Like 1

Just now, Vancouver Saint said:

UN B LEEEEVABLE! 

What a team. What a contrast in the second half. Rothwell goals just unbelievable. Then a lucky deflection for Huddersfield and still the heads don't go down - score against us would-ya? Okay we'll score 3!

Great game and credit to Huddersfield - I hope they do well for the rest of the season.

Yeah Rothwell was our new scapegoat at halftime. Such a good game in so many ways , breezing every home game not ideal for us Martin and the players will have learnt a lot today

• Like 1

Fucking stoked boys fucking stoked

Mara fighting for the ball and then rolling it of to Edozie was awesome

Rothwell must already be thinking double figures, great impact.

Brooks looks quality, great ball and runs like a gazelle.

Bit shit with our defence conceding goals like that, think we missed a DM when flynn went off but russell gambled we could get away with it.

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

• Like 3