Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

Bound to happen. Once their mates start being allowed to make moves they will obviously think about themselves and nobody wants to be the one who missed out.

Jay Rod must be gutted at the timing of his injury, and not just because of missing the WC.

If JR stays, he will be the last one left that is really good enough for a top 4 squad at the moment. Although with his contract starting to run down and no sign of an extention, we will probably cash in either this summer or next as I can't see him signing another one unless Koeman works a miracle and we somehow end up better than last season, which is nigh on impossible now.

Oh FFS! To be honest, if any of our squad end up at Spuds that will be a MASSIVE kick in the balls. They are not, and will not be a consistent Champions League team. The only time I could accept the likes of Morgan leaving is to a big European side.

Oh FFS! To be honest, if any of our squad end up at Spuds that will be a MASSIVE kick in the balls. They are not, and will not be a consistent Champions League team. The only time I could accept the likes of Morgan leaving is to a big European side.

Spurs do happen to have the Manager they all loved playing for and who propelled them into their national setups.

Anyone noticed how many interviews the normally shy Rodriguez has given where he makes it very clear how much he likes playing for Pochettino? Would not be suprised at all if he ends up reuniting with him before too long.

Say what you want about the money being reinvested but we're looking at almost a new starting 11. They're going to need time to gel and our start to the season is a chance to put some points on the board. A slow start and we are fighting relegation.

Got to agree with this really. If we assume Lovrens off too then we need 5 players just to replace the leavers never mind the much needed increase in depth. IMHO you can't just integrate that many players into your starting 11 in just a few weeks and hope to finish in the top half. My optimism after the appointment of Koeman is seriously waning and it looks like we'll have to accept that next year will be a year of consolidation and hope we can progress again the following year. ********.

This is getting ****ing daft now, the board need to nip all this in the bud. If Lallana goes then the rest of the squad need to be told to forget thinking about any move.

It's alright - we'll get a nice statement, possibly a video montage and a promise of "reinvestment". #homeiswheretheheartis #unclelesandcanadamanfaffaroundwhileromeisburning

Surely at some point the club would have to stop and consider the implications. All clubs sell one or two. But the five best players in one window with seemingly no financial contraints is just suicide.

Most of them signed new deals in the last year so surely with one or two we could have put our foot down and said they can go next summer but not this?

How? It was always going to happen. Either no-one left or they all will. Morgan is a far better player than any of them, in a great national side. He could slot in to any team in the world and do well IMO. Why on earth would he want to stay? I'd love to come up with a reason, but I'm struggling.

But agree with others Spurs is a poor choice for him. PSG, Monaco, Arsenal, MU, or a top spanish club fair enough.

If he's under contract then we should keep him regardless. We can't rip the spine out of our team and have any hope of staying up IMO.

I'd be gutted to see Morgan sold, of all the players to leave I'm convinced he'd be the hardest one to replace. It's all very well getting £20 million for him but I very much doubt we'd find someone as good for the same price.

Surely at some point the club would have to stop and consider the implications. All clubs sell one or two. But the five best players in one window with seemingly no financial contraints is just suicide.

Most of them signed new deals in the last year so surely with one or two we could have put our foot down and said they can go next summer but not this?

At the very least tell them they have to wait until January to allow a degree of continuity and replacements to be blooded. Surely arrangements like this can be and must be sorted with every remaining player we do not want to sell. This is getting utterly ridiculous.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfer-exodus-set-continue-3777737

I like the bit.......

Saints have been willing to do business as they believe a fresh wave of young players are ready to come through the ranks and see the coming season as the first in a new five-year plan.

Owner Katharina Liebherr insists the club does not have to sell but reckon the likes of young striker Sam Gallagher, midfielder James Ward-Prowse and defender Calum Chambers are the next generation of stars. They see England U19s starlet Matt Targett as a ready-made replacement for Shaw.

Now, I don't want to be a bed wetter, and I'll wait to see what happens, but if this is the case, then it does actually look like a fire sale with the board trying to sell us, the fans, some ridiculous notion that those in the academy can carry us. OK, Chambers and JWP probably can, but I saw nothing of Gallagher last season that gives me any confidence that he will bank in 15 goals this season.

"Saints have been willing to do business as they believe a fresh wave of young players are ready to come through the ranks and see the coming season as the first in a new five-year plan.

Owner Katharina Liebherr insists the club does not have to sell but reckon the likes of young striker Sam Gallagher, midfielder James Ward-Prowse and defender Calum Chambers are the next generation of stars. They see England U19s starlet Matt Targett as a ready-made replacement for Shaw."

If that's Reed's cunning plan put your house on relegation.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfer-exodus-set-continue-3777737

I like the bit.......

Now, I don't want to be a bed wetter, and I'll wait to see what happens, but if this is the case, then it does actually look like a fire sale with the board trying to sell us, the fans, some ridiculous notion that those in the academy can carry us. OK, Chambers and JWP probably can, but I saw nothing of Gallagher last season that gives me any confidence that he will bank in 15 goals this season.

He'll be lucky to get 5, and that's if he plays every game. Nowhere near good enough yet. Targett had never played a first team game, reed looks promising but you don't want to rely on these lads.

It's a huge worry, and Morgan would be a horrible one to lose. What the f is going on. At some point you have to say NO!!!

He'll be lucky to get 5, and that's if he plays every game. Nowhere near good enough yet. Targett had never played a first team game, reed looks promising but you don't want to rely on these lads.

It's a huge worry, and Morgan would be a horrible one to lose. What the f is going on. At some point you have to say NO!!!

The point to say no was with Lallana, but he got his own way and now it will open the door for others to leave.

I'm finding it tough to support the people running the show.

"Saints have been willing to do business as they believe a fresh wave of young players are ready to come through the ranks and see the coming season as the first in a new five-year plan.

Owner Katharina Liebherr insists the club does not have to sell but reckon the likes of young striker Sam Gallagher, midfielder James Ward-Prowse and defender Calum Chambers are the next generation of stars. They see England U19s starlet Matt Targett as a ready-made replacement for Shaw."

Reading this article was the first time I felt worried about this close season. Suggesting Targett as a replacement for Shaw is OK, but Gallagher is nowhere near ready for a full season in the PL, JWP is still a bit lightweight, and there is no way any of our teenagers could replace Lallana, Lovren, or Schneiderlin.

The only thing that maintains my confidence is that Koeman must have been party to the plan. I will be worried if he walks away!!

I really can not believe RK would have agreed to come to saints without knowing were he stood on player sales that being the case he must be happy with what is happening and there has to be a plan in place. Not even the most stupid board and manager are just going to flog and entire team with no plan on how to proceed. Sure it's a bit upsetting to see popular players leaving but they don't want to be here any more. A team of want away players isn't much good to the club while a team of players keen to impress and with something to prove might just be a good thing.

Reading this article was the first time I felt worried about this close season. Suggesting Targett as a replacement for Shaw is OK, but Gallagher is nowhere near ready for a full season in the PL, JWP is still a bit lightweight, and there is no way any of our teenagers could replace Lallana, Lovren, or Schneiderlin.

Worry about the quotes. Ignore the comment. They won't put all kids in. But Schneiderlin's going. It's a fact. It's a b@stard.

When Cortese was in place Reed's infamous ego was being kept in check by an even bigger ego. The best decision KL could make right now would be to employ an experienced, confident and plausible Club Chairman with top level experience without consulting Les first - John Williams...

When Cortese was in place Reed's infamous ego was being kept in check by an even bigger ego. The best decision KL could make right now would be to employ an experienced, confident and plausible Club Chairman with top level experience without consulting Les first - John Williams...

He could compose our new anthem

This is one I don't expect to happen, I think we need to play hard ball with this.

But if it's a case of him really wanting to leave, then what can we do? When a player makes it clear they want to leave, and there is legitimate interest for big money from big clubs, then you kind of have no real choice but to do what's best.

And I do know that the club is hoping to absorb some of the sales with academy kids (Tagget/Mcqueen/Reed/JWP/Gallagher), that's kind of been common knowledge in and around people at staplewood anyway. It does have some worrying similarities with our infamous ''Let's rely on DMG/BWP/Ryan Smith'' season - but I think we've got more about us this time and I still think we'll be ok.

I know I said it earlier, but it makes me damn frustrated that we didn't actually achieve anything with all these great players. We could lose Lovren, Shaw, Morgan, Lallana, Lambert, Jay and earn like £100m - yet the side never won anything! It's damn frustrating because it was bloody well good enough to do so. Blame for me lies with MP for that one, god knows what his intentions were from January onwards, but it certainly wasn't long-term planning with us.

Schneiderlin is a very good player and tactically extremely astute but hardly irreplaceable.

And I insist that a CM that isn't able to get a decent shot on goal (and goal) will never be a star, so if a bigger fish is convinced he is all that then I won't be angry if they take him for good money.

Schneiderlin is a very good player and tactically extremely astute but hardly irreplaceable.

And I insist that a CM that isn't able to get a decent shot on goal (and goal) will never be a star, so if a bigger fish is convinced he is all that then I won't be angry if they take him for good money.

Name a realistic replacement.

Some ITK Spurs fans are suggesting that himself and Lovren will join once the WC is over - and once they've shipped out Dawson, Vlad Cheritsis (sp) and Sandro - with Napoli keen on the later.

That would leave an incredibly sick taste in the mouth, if I'm honest. Anywhere but there.

I can understand players moving to Man Utd, L'Pool, Barca, Arsenal. But Spurs? come on.

Of all our talent, Rickie, Lallana and Shaw included, my personal opinion is that he would be our biggest loss, the real jewel in our crown

Spot on, he is the player who sets the tempo. Whilst the midfield is our strongest department it would be gutting to lose Morgan now. Fully expect him to move on in the next couple of years, but the timing if he left now would not be good.

This is ********. He's one of the very best CMs in the league, and is pivotal to how we play. And with shots on goal - it's not like he has that many is it? He gets a goal here and there but is much more likely to keep us in possession and allow everyone else to do their jobs.

We need to stem the flow here and remind him about that shiny new contract he's got. If he sulks about it, f*cking tough. We need to send a message that not all of out assets are up for grabs, and especially if it's Poch and those horrible c*nts at WHL. To them, not at any price.

Edited by Jack