Morgan Schneiderlin comments in 'France Football' magazine

Saint-Armstrong

I wonder what spin Ralph would have applied in the event of fans burning down St. Mary's: 'It shows to me just how passionate our fans are...'

"This act shows the warmth of the club, the burning passion of the fans."

Ralph Kruger, the day after SMS burned down due to supporter protests over player sales.

“Chambers signed for Arsenal the day before our meeting and the club saw the fans getting mad. They thought: ‘If Morgan leaves the stadium will be burnt’. So they told us: ‘Morgan is not for sale, we won’t listen to anything. That is the decision and there is nothing more to say’.

Like i said.....I'm proud to have been part of the group of fans that made it clear to the 'Board of Fools' that enough was enough....The rest of you apathetic apologists can go do one.

Little past snippet. When Lowe came back the club finances were in a complete mess. He wanted to buy Schneiderlin for £800,000 because he saw a real future talent. He went to Barclays and got the nod, or so he thought. When he had done the deal Barclays denied they had agreed to fund the purchase. With our finances as they were that was the straw that broke the back and any trust between banker and customer. It was the beginning of the end for the Ltd company. The rest, as we say, is history!

Little past snippet. When Lowe came back the club finances were in a complete mess. He wanted to buy Schneiderlin for £800,000 because he saw a real future talent. He went to Barclays and got the nod, or so he thought. When he had done the deal Barclays denied they had agreed to fund the purchase. With our finances as they were that was the straw that broke the back and any trust between banker and customer. It was the beginning of the end for the Ltd company. The rest, as we say, is history!

Worked out ok in the end....easy to say that now I know.

No, not unless the bid is accepted from what I understand but the player inevitably hears about it anyway, (and throws a fit if not informed as Lallana allegedly did).

I think lallana did throw a strop personally theres too many people confirming that was the case not just people connected to the club

“Chambers signed for Arsenal the day before our meeting and the club saw the fans getting mad. They thought: ‘If Morgan leaves the stadium will be burnt’. So they told us: ‘Morgan is not for sale, we won’t listen to anything. That is the decision and there is nothing more to say’.

Like i said.....I'm proud to have been part of the group of fans that made it clear to the 'Board of Fools' that enough was enough....The rest of you apathetic apologists can go do one.

Still??? :mcinnes:

Maybe we should be grateful to Arsenal for coming in for Chambers because it sounds like without his sale Morgan would have been allowed to leave.

Koeman said he wanted to build a squad around Morgan and Jay. He agreed to the other sales but I have never seen it said that he was ok with selling Morgan. Maybe, just maybe, it was down to him and not "the club" wanting to sell?

Koeman said he wanted to build a squad around Morgan and Jay. He agreed to the other sales but I have never seen it said that he was ok with selling Morgan. Maybe, just maybe, it was down to him and not "the club" wanting to sell?

No, no, no. St George posted something on the internet and it stopped them selling Morgan. I thought everyone knew that.

The Mirror reckon we are about to offer him a new contract, would be amazing if he signed a new one.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-set-offer-morgan-schneiderlin-4379220

Not necessarily, give him a £20k pay bump for the rest of the season and an ironclad £30m release clause then there'll be no dickîng about with "oh they told me I could leave" and would ensure a top fee for us....

On the very, very slight off chance of us qualifying for the CL, would he stick around for another season just to complete the journey? Anyways, when he inevitably leaves hopefully it won't be to the likes of Arsenal or Spurs, he's genuinely even above their level

He wanted to build a squad around Lovren too, you conveniently forget.

I'm amazed what a difference a chant at Anfield made

I'm a tad cynical about it, as I'm pretty sure he'd still have left between that match and the closure of the window if the club had let him, but speaking as someone who went to Anfield, it was a massive lift to see his name on the teamsheet before kick off, and was a clear statement of intent from both Koeman and Schneiderlin. I'm still incredibly cynical about players and their futures at Saints after this summer, but for me, that was the time to hope the move was definitely off and get on with backing the current players, of which he was one.

No, not unless the bid is accepted from what I understand but the player inevitably hears about it anyway, (and throws a fit if not informed as Lallana allegedly did).

Players can also have contractual clauses stating they must be informed of any bids (or indeed just any bids above a certain amount).

The flaw with Morgan's timeline (though it doesn't affect the reasoning) is that we'd signed Pelle and Tadic 2 weeks before selling Lovren and Chambers.

What a dumb bed wetter Morgan is. He obviously didn't have the foresight of many on here who knew we'd be fine during all the player sales.

What a sweet little comment.

Worth pointing out the small fact that Morgan Schneiderlin is not a bellyaching din on a football forum. He is a Southampton footballer who during the summer wanted to leave the club for a nice fat contract somewhere else, didn't, and is now giving post-rationalisation interviews in light of him staying.

Koeman wants and wanted the best squad he could get.

He obviously wanted Morgan to stay, as we all did.

But based on the info that is out there, it was Reed and Krueger that "kept" Morgan, not Koeman.

The full interview, if anyone is interested.

He said: “Was the meeting with Southampton officials on July 29 tense? Yes.

“In the months building up to it, there was interest from clubs – three clubs and Tottenham were among them.

“Since February/March, my agents and I had talked with Southampton about a possible departure. The club always told me they would sell for the right price.

“My agents and I went to that meeting on July 29 in a peaceful state of mind, with exciting propositions. To me, with my six years at Southampton and everything I had given to the club, everything should have been sorted that day.

“I told them I signed for a project that was supposed to keep the best elements in order to go higher. Before that meeting, (Adam) Lallana, (Dejan) Lovren, (Rickie) Lambert, Luke Shaw and (Calum) Chambers all left. I said to myself: ‘This is not the same situation, this is not possible. What are they doing?’ At that moment, Southampton hadn’t signed anyone.

“It was a real shock to me. Of course I was angry. I thought: ‘I just played in the World Cup after two good seasons in the Premier League. I never say anything, but I can’t stay in a team that plays for survival. I need to reach a new level’. So I told them: ‘You don’t respect me and you don’t respect your words, you treat me like cattle’. They defended their interests and I defended mine.

“After I refused to play the friendly against Leverkusen on August 9, the chairman came to speak to me and let me have the weekend to think about things.

“I talked to a lot of people. Some told me to go on strike, that the club will finally give up. My agents never said that, they just told me to make a decision.

“I felt that the officials wouldn’t let me leave, that they would rather leave me on the sidelines for six months. So I resumed training because I really needed to play football again.

“I played against Liverpool at Anfield and all the Southampton fans applauded me and chanted my name. It was so heart-warming. I knew then I would spend the whole season at Southampton.

“Maybe now we will achieve something amazing here. Champions League qualification would be fantastic. I hope to play in the Champions League one day, of course. I want to play every three days. But why not play in the Champions League with Southampton?”

What he didn't seem to realise was 'right price' - we never, ever received anything near our valuation. If we did, I'm sure he'd have been long gone...but £10m was a bit of a ****take.

What he didn't seem to realise was 'right price' - we never, ever received anything near our valuation. If we did, I'm sure he'd have been long gone...but £10m was a bit of a ****take.

Also worthy of note that the comment about the board being worried by fans' reaction to the sale of Chambers - including the "burning the stadium" comment - was Morgan's alone; it's him ascribing thoughts to others which were not actually expressed to him. Put another way, it's his own interpretation of events. As others have mentioned above, there are other interpretations.

Although I am happy where we are now, I still am not convinced we had the summer situation under any positive control.

I also think the tipping point was the fan reaction to selling Chambers after head up his arse Lovren went - and isn't he just crap without Schneiderlin and Wanyama in front of him.

I want Schneiderlin to stay but if an offer comes in from a CL club came in I just want him to go like Lambert not the hypocritical Lallana and Lovren.

What did you do?

BTW this question is not intended as any kind of insult, I'm not up to date on the who's who of saintsweb & generally don't check usernames.

Not necessarily, give him a £20k pay bump for the rest of the season and an ironclad £30m release clause then there'll be no dickîng about with "oh they told me I could leave" and would ensure a top fee for us....

I would offer him a 30m release clause for a champions league team and 35m for other teams and require it to be exercised in June or July. Actually, while we are at it, make it a 40m release clause for Barcelona, Real Madrid, or PSG.

What did you do?

BTW this question is not intended as any kind of insult, I'm not up to date on the who's who of saintsweb & generally don't check usernames.

He did nothing.

Nothing whatsoever. Apart from trolling this forum.

He did nothing.

Nothing whatsoever. Apart from trolling this forum.

I think I should get the credit for everything good that happened this summer. I started posting here and writing my blog at the end of July--just when things seemed to hit bottom and they have gone more or less straight up since then. No thanks are necessary, however. The enjoyment of watching a good Southampton FC team is thanks enough for me.

I think I should get the credit for everything good that happened this summer. I started posting here and writing my blog at the end of July--just when things seemed to hit bottom and they have gone more or less straight up since then. No thanks are necessary, however. The enjoyment of watching a good Southampton FC team is thanks enough for me.

Yay Redslo, our hero :thumbup:

Counteracting the bad juju I bring to Saints.

Clear then, that this is a one-season hiatus and Morgan is off next summer.

I'll live with it. He stayed for a year and worked hard to help steady the ship. He'll go with my blessing, so long as it is not to Spurs or Scousehampton.

He'll be gone next summer.

The bottom line is we were 25 points off the champions league, and most of those 25 points are going to have to be made against the top 7. We've lost both of those tests so far. As good as we are, we're miles off that

All good except that we failed to beat Stoke, Sunderland and Villa at all, or Cardiff at home. That would help

What a sweet little comment.

Worth pointing out the small fact that Morgan Schneiderlin is not a bellyaching din on a football forum. He is a Southampton footballer who during the summer wanted to leave the club for a nice fat contract somewhere else, didn't, and is now giving post-rationalisation interviews in light of him staying.

but it does show that the club was in turmoil and that made them act in stopping the move.

NOT fans on Saintsweb or forums but fans phoning the club and making their views known. Whether the club monitors peoples opinions on the internet I dont know but there is a chance they might.

MS was in the middle of it and he confirms that he was to go until the #hit hit the fan. It does not mean that some can now say they were right and make threads about it. Some will dress it up as false and try and shout people down with their scorn, and call them childish schoolyard names, but the main readers on here who are bright enough to see the balance of the debate, may well agree that MS was going to be sold until the club was bombarded with complaint. it was going to be a massive own goal.

Personally i dont care what caused the backtrack but thankfully it came to pass and we have MS for somewhile yet.

Edited by OldNick