January Hcdajfu time?

simo

An England international but a Spurs reserve. Wouldn't pay £14m, but I do rate him.

I think he gets too much stick tbh. Like I said, he's not great just that his style would offer us something different that we need. He's being kept out by Eric Lamela in all fairness, who is a fantastic player.

I've never thought that Townsend was as bad as some make out. Or have I just seen glimpses of him doing well and most the time he is that bad??

But the price. It seems, regardless of how long there is left on the contract, to have remained at £14m for the past 18 months. Levy might get it, as there is a lot of craziness going on, but I hope not.

I know he's had a falling out but Levy is treating Townsend like **** , £14m sale only no loans no one will touch him at that imo and he wont play at Spurs so it could severely damage his career and he can kiss goodbye to a place in the England squad for the Euros!

One day someone is going to sue for restraint of trade or maybe constructive dismissal (although with that, there has to be a contractual breach). Or maybe another Bosman type court case, and to be honest, if I was Townsend, then Levy controlling my life and future through a contract and buggering it about due to excessive/unrealistic demands, I would seriously consider looking at legal action.

Edited by angelman

One day someone is going to sue for restraint of trade or maybe constructive dismissal (although with that, there has to be a contractual breach). Or maybe another Bosman type court case, and to be honest, if I was Townsend, then Levy controlling my life and future through a contract and buggering it about due to excessive/unrealistic demands, I would seriously consider looking at legal action.

Has Townsend even out in a trader request?

Well it will certainly be a brave new world, in football terms, when players can just give a months notice and move to another club at anytime of the year and with no transfer window a lot of clubs are going to be screwed financially. Mind you it would be the death of agents so it's not all bad.

None that I can find. Levy seems to be holding out for an expensive direct sale and not even considering a loan out.

exactly. Townsend is more than capable of putting in a transfer request if he is so unhappy. Which I am guessing he is not at the moment.

CLEARLY, money is the most important factor

http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=18&buying=3&selling=20&player=2

I don't usually bother with rumour on th Internet however this one surfaced on Twitter and I found it a bit bizarre tbh.im pretty sure it's bull and just a click bait story.

However I'm in a reflective mood this morning and. I quite liked Punch when he was with us, but do we need him? Would he fit back in?

Just idly considering

I know he's had a falling out but Levy is treating Townsend like **** , £14m sale only no loans no one will touch him at that imo and he wont play at Spurs so it could severely damage his career and he can kiss goodbye to a place in the England squad for the Euros!

Given Roy's apparent selection policy for the national side, I don't think Townsends international career will be hurt one little bit

from Post #10 on this thread

Charlie Austin ffs

Not on loan, Buy the man.

he is a southerner, at a club where he does not want to be in a league where he does not want to be, contract up in 6 months.

get him on the f-ing bus

For me, it's an absolute no-brainer. Our finishing through the whole side is terrible. Too many decent chances being missed.

Charlie Austin would be the obvious buy. A right back and try and get Redmond from Norwich ?

Absolutely.

Saints, show some intent to stop the increasing discontent and get the man in to turn this season around and stomach the cost.

maybe koeman just playing it dow for the obvious, or he WAS too expensive then?

Koeman has said that Austin is too expensive.

who knew ;)

Charlie Austin 8 mill, just what we need ;););)

If I was a betting man....

He already said him and his agent did everything possible to keep it quiet. Unless this was before our interest came in

Austin just said in an interview he is not leaving in January.

Has to be austin

Pelle is terrible at the mo. A big factor in why we are not scoring.

It's a no brainer. Austin is out of contract in July and reportedly on circa £38k per week. His goals would shoot us up the league and the extra place money would go a long way to covering the cost. Because we sure as hell aren't scoring now and Rodriguez has a long way back when medically fit. The talk of him not moving in January and running his contract out makes sense but an offer that covers that and gives QPR something won't be dismissed out of hand, especially if he wants to go to Euro 2016, he really has to be scoring in the Premier League.

errr

We'd have some competition for him IMO, proven prem goalscorers are valuable commodities and QPR won't let him go for less than £10M or even £15M as was quoted earlier on in the season.

I'd like him though, he knows where the net is and is too good for the champ.

yep

Nailed on signing then ;-) .

nope

Only in people's minds on here.

In reality if we sign someone it will probably be someone more unknown on loan...

agree

Austin is a natural goal scorer and a very hard worker. He is a better finisher than anyone we have at the club, and would improve our first team.

Even £8m would be a steal, and not unreasonable for us looking at our £5m purchases.

Austin is such a great buy. excellent start to his saints career

Edited by Batman

http://soccer-rumours.com/?story=18&buying=3&selling=20&player=2

I don't usually bother with rumour on th Internet however this one surfaced on Twitter and I found it a bit bizarre tbh.im pretty sure it's bull and just a click bait story.

However I'm in a reflective mood this morning and. I quite liked Punch when he was with us, but do we need him? Would he fit back in?

Just idly considering

You do know that site is just a random transfer generator. It even says so on the home page!!

from Post #10 on this thread

maybe koeman just playing it dow for the obvious, or he WAS too expensive then?

who knew ;)

He already said him and his agent did everything possible to keep it quiet. Unless this was before our interest came in

errr

yep

nope

agree

Austin is such a great buy. excellent start to his saints career

to be fair I am not in the know, but over this one I def was in the know

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Hiljemark

We're Fighting Norwich for this guy apparently...

Based on what? Your own private source or some newspaper/website?

He played for PSV until he moved to Palermo in the summer. He seems to play there most of the time so a move would be strange. He was the captain for the Sweden U21s that won the euros this summer. Decent player but I don't know where he would fit in since we have quite a few CMs.

Local Dutch newspaper, De Gelderlander, is linking us, Newcastle and the traditional top three from the Dutch Eredivisie to Todd Kane from NEC Nijmegen. Kane is a right back with pace, likes going forward and

can cross a ball in to the box. 22 years old, on loan from Chelsea and according to some after Tete from Ajax the best RB from the Eredivisie.

http://www.gelderlander.nl/algemeen/sport/voetbal/clubs-staan-in-de-rij-voor-kane-1.5658259 (in Dutch)

Townsend to Newcastle deal nearly wrapped up according to BBC. Really hope it does, I'm fed up of him being linked to us! Let him go sit on the bench at Newcastle and end up in the Championship where he belongs.

I'll still be interested to see how he does there. I've never been quite sure if he'd come good at another club or not.

His left foot is a bit like a loose-cannon. Powerful, but you're never quite sure where it's going to fire.

He had a really positive impact when he went to QPR a few seasons ago. He can make a difference, certainly an upgrade on Obertan - but it's just a little too expensive for me.

Yes. Hell of a fee for somebody not remotely involved at Spurs.

There's probably +£6m on his price because he's English.

Townsend to Newcastle deal nearly wrapped up according to BBC. Really hope it does, I'm fed up of him being linked to us! Let him go sit on the bench at Newcastle and end up in the Championship where he belongs.

The loony Newcastle fans will still moan that Ashley has not backed them this season.

from the BBC

Crystal Palace are set to complete the signing of striker Emmanuel Adebayor in the next few hours, according to the the London Evening Standard.

Adebayor, 31, has been without a club since leaving Tottenham in September.

Palace's next game is against Stoke in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday.

That's either going to be a (Short term) inspired signing or an unmitigated disaster guess Pardew is a bit desperate

Looks like Townsend to Toon done deal 12 million quid :?

Newcastle have agreed a fee, believed to be about £12m, to sign Tottenham's England winger Andros Townsend. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35409021

I actually think theres a good player in there that could do well, but 12m and what is likely to be high wages is just too steep

from the BBC

Crystal Palace are set to complete the signing of striker Emmanuel Adebayor in the next few hours, according to the the London Evening Standard.

Adebayor, 31, has been without a club since leaving Tottenham in September.

Palace's next game is against Stoke in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday.

That's either going to be a (Short term) inspired signing or an unmitigated disaster guess Pardew is a bit desperate

Palace are obviously desperate for a striker, it just makes you wonder why they didn't go for Austin. I can't imagine Adebayor will be cheap wage wise either, and he hasn't played for about 6 months? Sounds like a little bit of a desperate signing to me.

More Prem strikers on the move?

SWANSEA EYE GAYLE

Swansea are leading the fight to land striker Dwight Gayle from Premier League rivals Crystal Palace, according to Sky sources. The deal is expected to prompt the departure of former Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis from the Liberty Stadium.

Palace broke their club record when they brought Gayle to Selhurst Park from Peterborough for £6m in July 2013.

But Palace are unlikely to allow the 26-year-old leave on the cheap if he decides to move on in the January transfer window.