Sunderland Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Claude says Sunderland have a good defensive block? With Kaboul sold to Watford, Kone banned from training ground, o'shea went off injured last week and Cattermole is injured , I don't want to hear excuses about their defense being strong.

Genou, surely?

Claude Puel was talking about Jerome Pied and suggested his injury might be quite serious, serious enough to consider bringing in another defensive player for cover. A loaned perhaps?

This was by far Puel's best press conference so far, his English comprehension and delivery were very much better and he seemed more relaxed and showed a good sense of humour several times. The relentless questioning from the moron that everyone on here is complaining about didn't phase our man at all and I thought he covered all his bases with charm and good humour. His tactical reasoning was excellent and he was able to e plain matters to us very well. Ok. He still hasn't learned that a collective is a team but there you go. Signs are good that he maybe actually very good. Very impressed for once.

Amazing what a quick shuffle of UEFA's balls can do for a chap. I was all a bit meh about this game and couldn't see past a 0-0 or even a 0-1. I've booked for Milan and I'm buzzing! I will now approach SMS not with a world-weary trudge but with a veritable spring in my step.

Hopefully the players will feel the same: Saints-with-the-blue-touch-paper-lit 3 v Boring old Sun'land with lots of injuries 0.

COYRs.