Palace FA Cup Round 4 build up

Shroppie

This is a difficult one to call......In over 40 years of supporting Saints i am for the first time starting to believe we could be a top 4 club. This squad of players believe it is achieveable and are working incredibly hard for one another. We are doing what the top clubs do, play brilliantly at times and still grind out results when our backs are against it.

My biggest concern is the same as alot on here....the depth of our squad for the run in. You can bet we will need to at least keep up with our current form to keep top 4 and to do that i believe we need our best players....those that have stood in have done a fantastic job.

For theses reasons for the Palace game i would be sorely tempted to rest players like Pelle, Fonte, Clyne, Bertrand. I'm sorry if i appear selfish because i have seen Saints lift the F A Cup, but i honestly think Champions League qualification and everything it would bring to Southampton is more important than the F.A.Cup in todays football.

where were you in the 80's when we were a top 2 club and could easiliy have won the double if it hadn't been for Adrian Heath and dropping 3 points away to Everton before the semi final in 83/84

He really isn't. JWP already a significantly better player.

That isn't true, Davis is better at winning the ball back and retaining possesion in our half as well as moving forward quickly. Ward Prowse has been better at threading the final ball through and set pieces this year, but Davis is pivotal to us doing well. Ridiculously under rated by some...

Got my ticket. Looking forward to this but I'd still not risk a couple of our more important players, namely Fonte, Forster and Pelle. I think if any of those get injured it would simply jeopardise the rest of out season.

I'd go with

Davis

Clyne - McCarthy - Gardos - Targett

Reed - Cork

Elia - JWP - Tadic

Long

I'll be in Milan watching Inter v Torino for the wife's 30th (though strangely my birthday also happens to be whilst we're away), so missing this one.

I'd expect us to put the usual cup team out, a couple of rotations and a strong core.

Forster; Clyne, Fonte, Gardos, Targett; Cork, Reed; Ward-Prowse, Long, Elia; Pelle.

Subs: K Davis, McCarthy, Bertrand, S Davis, Tadic, Isgrove, Seager (or Gallagher, depending on rumours).

I'll be in Milan watching Inter v Torino for the wife's 30th (though strangely my birthday also happens to be whilst we're away), so missing this one.

I'd expect us to put the usual cup team out, a couple of rotations and a strong core.

Forster; Clyne, Fonte, Gardos, Targett; Cork, Reed; Ward-Prowse, Long, Elia; Pelle.

Subs: K Davis, McCarthy, Bertrand, S Davis, Tadic, Isgrove, Seager (or Gallagher, depending on rumours).

I imagined you were much older than that, similar age to myself.

My biggest concern is the same as alot on here....the depth of our squad for the run in. You can bet we will need to at least keep up with our current form to keep top 4 and to do that i believe we need our best players....those that have stood in have done a fantastic job.

Not sure over what period you are counting "form" but over the last 5 games, we have the best form in the league, so we can afford a dip and still finish 4th (or even 3rd if the dip is mnior!). I am in the campt that would prefer a top 3 (or 4) finish over FA Cup glory though, so would prob rest a few players, with a view to beating Palace if possible of course. Don't wanna give it away!

Not sure over what period you are counting "form" but over the last 5 games, we have the best form in the league, so we can afford a dip and still finish 4th (or even 3rd if the dip is mnior!). I am in the campt that would prefer a top 3 (or 4) finish over FA Cup glory though, so would prob rest a few players, with a view to beating Palace if possible of course. Don't wanna give it away!

I would pick the form over the last 22 games. 3rd will do me and an FA cup win.

Was just reading the Palace forum and they were all miffed at them taking only the smaller allocation 3K amount, somebody has then said they have got more tickets and one person said:

"just got some in Block 42, que to get through even on-line. Won't keep me away "

Which is a bit curious as we are selling tickets for Block 42 !?

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=257284&page=10

Was just reading the Palace forum and they were all miffed at them taking only the smaller allocation 3K amount, somebody has then said they have got more tickets and one person said:

"just got some in Block 42, que to get through even on-line. Won't keep me away "

I've bought 3 tickets in block 42 this morning.

He's edited his post to say Via Saints site, so he'll be a Palace fan in the home end.

Got my two tickets in the Kingsland right on the half way line for a change. No doubt I'll get a few stares or comments from the precious ST holders who'll think I'm a JCL. I actually like sitting in different parts of the ground.

You're very welcome, just so log as you haven't bought my two seats ;)

He's edited his post to say Via Saints site, so he'll be a Palace fan in the home end.

quite a few of them seem to think they've been clever and purchased tickets in the home end , and "near the away bit" so assume either in block 42 of Northam or block 1/2 of the Itchen, not a good place for an away fan to be !

quite a few of them seem to think they've been clever and purchased tickets in the home end , and "near the away bit" so assume either in block 42 of Northam or block 1/2 of the Itchen, not a good place for an away fan to be !

Is this not 'database only' sales?

It may just be a bit of bravado claiming to be in with the home fans. Unless they sit on their hands they wont see much.

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=150554&page=5

Someone there saying it's SFC's decision to only give them 3k (as posted here apparently)...they're entitled to 15% for the cup so within their rights to demand 4,500, if they took the smaller allocation it can only be down to their club.

Can understand their frustration all the same.

Forster, Clyne, Gardos, Font, Targett, Reed, Cork, JWP, Elia, Isgrove, Pelle

Keep Davis as fresh as can be at the moment - need him in the league.

Will be tough - a rejuvenated and hungry crystal palace with gayle, bolasie and zaha firing well.

Will be tough - a rejuvenated and hungry crystal palace with gayle, bolasie and zaha firing well.

Just seen him sore the equalizer for DR Congo v Zambia so don't think he'll be playing at St Mary's on Saturday. Edited by krissyboy31

More worried about Puncheon if he is on his game he could be a handful.

Forgive what might be an obvious question... but as a season ticket holder who reserved their seat over the weekend will I get sent a ticket or will the season ticket just be updated for the game.

It says 'Smartcard Activation' in the confirmation e-mail so i'm guessing the latter??

Cheers in advance.

Forgive what might be an obvious question... but as a season ticket holder who reserved their seat over the weekend will I get sent a ticket or will the season ticket just be updated for the game.

It says 'Smartcard Activation' in the confirmation e-mail so i'm guessing the latter??

Cheers in advance.

It will be on your ST.