Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Honestly, of the people on this forum who are associated with the club, you pick AR 10 as one of your two ITK's :lol:

Ha! I thought that. Monk (although I seem to recall he's lost some of his access?), K.Billy and Guan are the only voices I rely on

Ha! I thought that. Monk (although I seem to recall he's lost some of his access?), K.Billy and Guan are the only voices I rely on

I'd assume the majority are in the same kind of position i am where you get bits and bobs from various people. Often it's nothing concrete as they don't want stuff tracing back to them, or when it is they outright ask you not to mention it.

Not something that normally stops us buying a player

Indeed it isn't, adds tons to the value of the player during his absence. Why, I remember when Chaplow was injured, every game that went by without him partcipating sent him a bit further along the road to being the nec'est plus ultra footballer of all time. Then when he did actually get a game he was dire as you like, probably got sent off as well knowing him..

Goal are reporting we are trying to hijack Chalobah's move to Watford...

Watford fans are still confident he's theirs and think he's already agreed to join them. Not that it means much without a signature, but still. Personally while I think £5 million for a defensive midfielder that's played a ton for England's younger teams and is only 22 is a punt worth taking, I still think we can do better. Still any transfer activity would be nice right now. :-)

We need quality over quantity, this summer. Chalobah and Bednarek (from the limited amount I've seen) are squad players. They would have been perfect last summer (when we needed a big squad for the demands of EL), but not this one.

Any player we sign should be better than what we have in our starting 11.

We need quality over quantity, this summer. Chalobah and Bednarek (from the limited amount I've seen) are squad players. They would have been perfect last summer (when we needed a big squad for the demands of EL), but not this one.

Doubtful we can sign players to walk straight into our team without selling players first.

Watford fans are still confident he's theirs and think he's already agreed to join them. Not that it means much without a signature, but still. Personally while I think £5 million for a defensive midfielder that's played a ton for England's younger teams and is only 22 is a punt worth taking, I still think we can do better. Still any transfer activity would be nice right now. :-)

Pretty uninspiring

Would be nice to actually improve on what we have now

When we signed Romeu he was 23 and had played 108 career games whilst Chalobah is 22 and has played 103 career games.

As with then we may wish to have someone hungry who can really compete for that DM starter position and with talent to develop as the season progresses.

Doubtful we can sign players to walk straight into our team without selling players first.

Why ? Everyone has money to spend this year and everyone looks ready to spend it.

There is no reason why we cant sign one of an AM or CM at the least that is better than what we have currently

Our net spend has been practically zero the past 3-4 summers and we just sold Jay for £12-15m

With the TV money now what it is if we genuinely still need to sell players then something has gone wrong.

Too many other reporters have mentioned he's off to Watford for my liking.

It's only Nizaar Kinsella who's reporting it we're interested - I've no idea if he's well connected or not.

Our net spend has been practically zero the past 3-4 summers and we just sold Jay for £12-15m

With the TV money now what it is if we genuinely still need to sell players then something has gone wrong.

Consider year 1 to be 2010-11

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-nature-of-venture-capitalists.1373013/

I'm bored today so let me start a meltdown based on absolutely nothing. I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter, hey, hey, hey!

When we signed Romeu he was 23 and had played 108 career games whilst Chalobah is 22 and has played 103 career games.

As with then we may wish to have someone hungry who can really compete for that DM starter position and with talent to develop as the season progresses.

Fair point and I agree he'd make reasonable cover for Romeu. However, if we are to bring him in, I'd expect and want us to offload at least 1 CM that we currently have (probably Clasie).

I'd be happy with this next season:

--- Romeu / Chalobah -- New / PEH ---

--------- Davis or new / JWP -----------

I guess my point is unless we're planing to sell, we should only bring in players that will improve our starting 11.

We need a CM. We need a goal scoring midfielder. We don't need another lightweight 10 goals a season forward. :(

Who is he going to play instead of? If we are playing 1 upfront, as sadly is rumoured, surely Gabbiadini is the main man?

Hopefully it's a press rumour...

no they don't, at Atletico maybe but his loan spell and earlier career looks decent for a 23 yr old.

but hey, don't let it stop you writing him off already :mcinnes::mcinnes:

1 league goal, 6 league goals in his last two seasons as a striker. Brilliant.

I'll write off who I want when I want and quite frankly this guy looks like the worst signing we've made since Lee Todd.

1 league goal, 6 league goals in his last two seasons as a striker. Brilliant.

I'll write off who I want when I want and quite frankly this guy looks like the worst signing we've made since Lee Todd.

He's not an out and out striker when i've seen him, plays all across the 3.

We need a CM. We need a goal scoring midfielder. We don't need another lightweight 10 goals a season forward. :(

Who is he going to play instead of? If we are playing 1 upfront, as sadly is rumoured, surely Gabbiadini is the main man?

Hopefully it's a press rumour...

Looks like he could play in a wide position as part of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1.

From the vids (...) he looks technically good, good awareness, knows when to offload, energetic, pacey, good finisher. Reminds me a bit of a young Michael Owen.