New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Someone who cares about Saints.

Fed up getting managers in who use us to reach the next level.

Adkins,and we sacked him.

Although in truth he didn't ever last long enough to receive a testing approach from a rival.

I'd go for Howe. Think he deserves a chance and he'd do well.

Howe would be the obvious contender, but then we don't go for the obvious candidate.

Would take ages trying to get him out of Bournemouth if he was even keen.

Worth noting our last two Managers have been out of work.

Flores would be one option but keeping Koeman would be optimal.

Is AVB out of contract in the summer? Or did he sign a new deal?

Who's your top 3, Clarkey? (Hypothetically)

Paco Jamez @ Rayo is very talented. Villas-Boas wasn't given a fair crack in this country, I like him. The former Chile manager whose name escapes me...

Frank De Boer, Thomas Tuchel (unlikely though!)

Paco Jamez @ Rayo is very talented. Villas-Boas wasn't given a fair crack in this country, I like him. The former Chile manager whose name escapes me...

Frank De Boer, Thomas Tuchel (unlikely though!)

- Frank De Boer will be early favourite for sure.

- Jorge Sampaoli is the Chile fella. Plays in a very "poch-esque" style.

- Funny you mentioned AVB... Had a hunch when I saw his name listed that he might be a target. (I *think* he's out of contract in the summer too).

I'm interested in this rumoured "New direction" that Guan eluded too. I wondered if that included a potential coach change.

We clearly need to employ managers who are not quite as good as Ron and Mauricio, as we're obviously a 'difficult second album' kind of club. That is, we haven't the cash to make that step up, nor will ever likely have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% Unai Emery

I'd love to keep Ron. But if I were an Everton fan I'd rather have Emery.

De Boar would be decent but I think we are the perfect club for Emery. If it comes to it, we need to get him in on a 4-5 year contract.

ABSOLUTLEY 100% THIS.

Shame that Rafa has just signed a 3 year deal at Newcastle

Ive heard he has a release clause for teams in Europe. (I am ITK)

(I am definitely not ITK)

New manager will be Kelvin Davis. (It won't but my ridiculous answer shows how premature this all is.)

To be fair without being crazy I wouldn't be destroyed if we got Gary Neville.

I followed his games every week at Valencia and the lack of luck he had was incredible.

I think he is a progressive manager and would do a very very good job for us, he likes teams to play like us and during his time in spain his strikers made Pelle look like Suraez.

F8ck it I've said it, I would take Gary Neville, there is a lot to like about how he conducted himself and what he was trying to achieve in Valencia.

The biggest problem was the language, Jorge Medes overpaying for rubbish clients of his and injuries destroying his team most weeks.

Language would be a big problem. I don't think many of our players would understand him.

If he hadn't taken the Celtic job I would have been supportive of Brendan Rodgers. Absolutely genuinely.

Would have been a good fit, would have got on great with Uncle Les.

Whoever we get will be a decent name with decent calibre. Or Eddie Howe.

I would be underwhelmed and a little nervous about Villas-Boas. I don't think he was as bad as some people make out, but equally didn't do anything particularly impressive.

I want someone who can excite the players, as surely they will be downcast if this happens. Obviously I wouldn't sacrifice a good manager for a big name, but it doesn't feel dissimilar to when Poch left. I like Eddie Howe and would see it as a good appointment if he came, but I would be unsure how well received such an appointment would have on the current players and any potential new signings.

If he hadn't taken the Celtic job I would have been supportive of Brendan Rodgers. Absolutely genuinely.

Would have been a good fit, would have got on great with Uncle Les.

Whoever we get will be a decent name with decent calibre. Or Eddie Howe.

You used to be quite supportive of steve mcclaren too.

Looking at the Everton shortlist (minus Ronald) to see who (in theory) we might get linked with:

- Unai Emery

- Manuel Pellegrini

- Frank De Boer

- David Moyes

- Roberto Mancini

- Paulo Fonseca

- Ryan Giggs

- Diego Simeone

- Quique Sanchez Flores

- Andre Villas-Boas

- Martin O'Neill

- Quique Setien

- Mark Hughes

- Lucien Favre

- David Unsworth

- Steve Bruce

- Carlos Carvalhal

- Didier Deschamps

- Jorge Sampaoli

- Louis Van Gaal

- Eddie Howe

- Avram Grant

- Jurgen Klinsmann

- Gary Rowett

- Joachim Loew

- Marcelo Bielsa

- Sean Dyche

- Steve Evans

- Gary Neville

- Phil Neville

- Mark Warburton

- Tim Sherwood

- Laurent Blanc

Those are the ones I'd take, Gary Rowett has potential IMO but too early for him

No chance with Diego Simeone though and little chance with Emery/Loew

Edited by Saint IQ

The criteria will be someone who will bring young players through, plays good attractive football and will make the current players even better.

on top of that they will commit to a 6 year deal as they are a home boy.

Eddie Howe ticks every box to work alongside Lee and Watson.

Not Howe Bournemouth is a good fit for him we are to big a club for him right now imo.

De Boer seems a good fit to me. European experience, successful in his last job, worked with a youth system at Ajax and having worked in the Netherlands used to having his best players nicked by richer clubs.....

Not Howe Bournemouth is a good fit for him we are to big a club for him right now imo.

De Boer seems a good fit to me. European experience, successful in his last job, worked with a youth system at Ajax and having worked in the Netherlands used to having his best players nicked by richer clubs.....

I think this. I am expecting a manager who knows exactly how to navigate a Europa campaign. We've quickly become too good for Howe right now.