Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 1713

Thread: Sofiane Boufal

You could see how he could contribute to the team in a vital area which costs mega money to fill.

Good performance. Hasenhüttl said as much in today’s echo.

Onwards and upwarda

Pleased to see him back and contributing.

Well done to RH and the management team for getting him back playing.

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    Hopefully, but he's been that way for a long time.
    To be honest I see Redmond do this a lot as well, I think it's just something attacking players do as they have less space to work with in the final third.

Kinda feel like we need to be carefull with the contract situation for boufal.. if he’s showing good signs of becoming a regular and kicking on might be wise to get him tied down pretty early. Would be frustrating if he goes on to have a blinding season and then we are left in a bad position with a year remaining on his contract

5. Default

Our worst performer yesterday, flattered to deceive yet again. Is there anybody still thinking he’ll come good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Our worst performer yesterday, flattered to deceive yet again. Is there anybody still thinking he’ll come good?

He wasn't great but the yet again is not warranted.

I’d have Redmond down as the poorest yesterday. Didn’t think Boufal was too bad.

Thought he did ok, the whole team struggled and he was no worse than Redmond. Djenepo looks better than Boufal, Redmond and anyone else that plays in that position but he did benefit from Palace tiring and there being more space.

Unfortunately Boufal is one of those players who will get criticised by certain fans as soon as he has an off day. Sure, he wasn’t great yesterday but hardly a performance that is evidence of him being a bad player.

Not sure why you thought that. Looked most likely player to unlock the door with hit runs in the first half.. done some nice linking up with Bertrand also.. tbh I think he’s way superior to redmond in every way.

Was always an option to receive the ball, turned and engaged the opposition. Not every dribble came off and seemed hesitant to shoot but he’s still invaluable to the squad. A goal at home in the FA cup would help.

Boufal was the only one taking risks and trying to make stuff happen. It didn't come off for him yesterday but the whole team was dire for most the game. Djenepo came on and did far better then Boufal this time.

Redmond was poor throughout and should have set Ings up with a simple tap in to win it but fluffed a simple ball.

All 3 wingers can improve a hell of a lot. But if they were better I doubt they'd be here.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    Not sure why you thought that. Looked most likely player to unlock the door with hit runs in the first half.. done some nice linking up with Bertrand also.. tbh I think he’s way superior to redmond in every way.
    He really didn't. He slowed everything down and lost the ball numerous times he never looked like unlocking Palace at all. Djenepo looked far more likely to make something happen in his short time on the pitch than Boufal did in the previous 65. Boufal (and it's possibly the same for Djenepo) looks his best coming on late in a game when opposition defences are knackered and stretched when ever he starts games he is disappointing.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    Thought he did ok, the whole team struggled and he was no worse than Redmond. Djenepo looks better than Boufal, Redmond and anyone else that plays in that position but he did benefit from Palace tiring and there being more space.

Unfortunately Boufal is one of those players who will get criticised by certain fans as soon as he has an off day. Sure, he wasn’t great yesterday but hardly a performance that is evidence of him being a bad player.
    Overall, Boufal's performances this season have been good - he was virtually "first up" from the foot injury v Palace. On the other hand, Armstrong who apart from a fine performance against Chelsea has been very patchy, and did very little when he came on as a sub on Saturday is seen my many as a "must include". They are such different players anyway - Armstrong the fast, direct straight line runner whose control and link up play isn't as good as Boufals and Boufal who can cause chaos in and around the box with trickery and touch. It's amazing how little slack Boufal gets compared to Armstrong and several other regulars (Redmond and even JWP) from many supporters.

He was better than Adams

Still a showboater with a poor attitude and far too little end product.

He's got more trickery and end product than Redmond. An important player, especially at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    He's got more trickery and end product than Redmond. An important player, especially at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be Redmond who, despite having a pretty poor season, has score one less goal in 4 months than Boufal has in his entire Saints career?

Redmond:

Started 18 games / 2 goals / 0 Assists / 11 shots on target

Boufal:

Started 5 games / 0 goals / 2 assists/ 6 shots on target

Djenepo came on when palace were shattered. Boufal played when they had energy.

I love watching Boufal play. He is easily the most skilful player in the league. He was winning us loads of free kicks in dangerous areas yesterday and worked hard to try and break down a team who were sitting back. He will be an important player for us this season. No doubt that he will win us a few games on his own this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    That would be Redmond who, despite having a pretty poor season, has score one less goal in 4 months than Boufal has in his entire Saints career?
    Yeah, and the one who dribbles up his own backside, loses it when we have an advantage, and allows teams to transition easily. Fair play, his goal against Chelsea was well taken but I'd sell him and Cedders in the transfer window to recoup funds for a defensive central midfielder and Cedric replacement. He flatters to deceive, which is good for sell on...

Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    Redmond:

Started 18 games / 2 goals / 0 Assists / 11 shots on target

Boufal:

Started 5 games / 0 goals / 2 assists/ 6 shots on target
    in all competitions this season

Moussa Djenepo

675 minutes 2 goals 1 assist

Nathan Redmond

1638 minutes 3 goals 1 assist

Sofiane Boufal

719 minutes 0 goals 2 assist

Ralph likes his quick counter attacks and Redmond and Djenepo seem better suited to the quick counter than Boufal. Palace should have been Boufal's time to shine a team, defending deep, in numbers, requiring something special to break them down and he barely troubled them. Djenepo comes on (against an admittedly tired defence) and cuts them open several times with pace and trickery and probably should have had at least a goal or an assist out of the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post

I love watching Boufal play. He is easily the most skilful player in the league. He was winning us loads of free kicks in dangerous areas yesterday and worked hard to try and break down a team who were sitting back. He will be an important player for us this season. No doubt that he will win us a few games on his own this season.
    That's a big claim

Default Sofiane Boufal

Does that mean palace lost their energy the moment Djenepo came on? It had it in abundance 30 seconds before the suns board went up?

Boufal was ok, a few times dwelled on the ball far too long. Djenepo ran directly at them and created chaos, forcing them to face their own goal a bit more. Boufal rare offered that

Since the Boro goal, three years ago, what is the best thing Boufal has done in a game he has started for Saints?

Class player. Inconsistent but makes things happen on pitch.

Much much better than Redmond and has played many many less minutes

Get another striker in alongside Ings and play Djennepo and boufal behind.

Replace one pace hojbjerg with a combative and mobile box to box alongside jwp and we’ve got a nice looking team. Armstrong to come in and ably help when required.

Get that Todibo in alongside bednarek, maehle replacing Cedric and we’ve got a top 8 first 11

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Since the Boro goal, three years ago, what is the best thing Boufal has done in a game he has started for Saints?
    THe one against West Brom two years ago for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    THe one against West Brom two years ago for starters.
    Edit - okay just remember he didn't start that one. #fail

28. Default

I love watching Boufal play. He is easily the most skilful player in the league.
    He’s really not.....

He can’t get in our side under 4 different managers. Nobody seems the slightest bit interested in signing him. He’ll just fade away exactly like Gaston did.......

He’s really not.....

He can’t get in our side under 4 different managers. Nobody seems the slightest bit interested in signing him. He’ll just fade away exactly like Gaston did.......

Nobody in England you mean...which is probably what some use as their only template.
    Leagues exist outside of england you know

Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    That's a big claim
    It is, but i stand by it. A lot of players rate him as the most skilful in the league as well.

Wow easily the most skillful player. In the league are you serious??? So if you were offered someone like mane back you would say no thanks we have the most skillful player in the league?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

32. Default Sofiane Boufal

Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    Nobody in England you mean...which is probably what some use as their only template.
    Leagues exist outside of england you know
    Sorry, forgot about all these foreign teams banging our door down trying to sign him, especially after his spell at Celta Vigo.

Face reality man, he’ll never be more than a bit part player at our club. Like Gaston, he’ll fade-away with a few hipsters still convinced he’ll come good.

33. Default Sofiane Boufal

It is, but i stand by it. A lot of players rate him as the most skilful in the league as well.
    Who are these players?

For me, if he starts he has to play centrally, but he’s more of an impact player. Especially when at home.

On current form, I’d rather have him than Redmond, but I’d have Djenepo and Armstrong over the both of them.

Strange that Duckhunter would dig him out after 1 average game, when he’s been pretty decent when played this season.

Boufal beats players and creates opportunites but he also loses the ball in dangerous positions.

Redmond just doesnt do enough for the amount of game time he gets in my opinion.

Currently I'd have Djenepo and Amstrong ahead of them as starters then have both come on as subs.

I just dont see what makes redmond undroppable ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Wow easily the most skillful player. In the league are you serious??? So if you were offered someone like mane back you would say no thanks we have the most skillful player in the league?

I fully agree with LeG. Plus skillfull and best players are different things. The fact boufal had more completed dribbles then messi last year in la Liga also speaks very highly of his talent

37. Default

I fully agree with LeG. Plus skillfull and best players are different things. The fact boufal had more completed dribbles then messi last year in la Liga also speaks very highly of his talent
    Dear god, is it April 1st......

If you asked every single supporter of every single club in the country to name the most skilful player in the league, how many would say Boufal? My bet would be none. Not one. And I’ll ask again, who are these players that think he’s “easily” the most skilful in the league. Are you people deranged?

38. Default

Dear god, is it April 1st......

If you asked every single supporter of every single club in the country to name the most skilful player in the league, how many would say Boufal? My bet would be none. Not one. And I’ll ask again, who are these players that think he’s “easily” the most skilful in the league. Are you people deranged?

I think you've already lost that bet, there are at least two people on this thread that think he's the most skillful player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post

You do realise that i said skillful, not best right? Im talking about tricks / dribbling and control. Footballers have many attributes....pace, finesse, agility, strength, vision, accuracy etc. Boufal learnt his trade playing street football and didnt join an academy until he was 17. So his game was a little behind in terms of being a complete footballer as he hadnt had the coaching. He may not be the complete footballer yet but he is the most skillful. He can do stuff with the ball that makes his team mates fall over or watch in awe. He is learning and progressing well under ralph. Players love Boufal.

Quote Originally Posted by sotonjoe View Post
    Still a showboater with a poor attitude and far too little end product.
    What is that based on?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    What is that based on?
    Nothing, the guy is a troller.
    Boufal has actually been one of the few bright spots this season. He s been effective in most games he s played, yesterday a little less but that doesn t make him a flop.
    He s the most skillful player in our team along with Moussa and should always be in the 18

Skill wise he probably is one in the best in the league

just needs to add some composure and the assists will flood in

great player

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    Boufal beats players and creates opportunites but he also loses the ball in dangerous positions.
    Boufal beats players but doesn't create many opportunities for others, basic problem, as before he went on loan, he does not look up and thus cannot regularly pick out a team mate. He is certainly skilful, full of tricks, but then so was the guy from the Brazilian Soccer School or whatever it was called. All the ball skills in the world but not a footballer which is a team sport. Occassionally gets lucky, hence his assists, but it is seldom due to his vision. Very good defensively as well (certainly compared to Redmond or Tadic when all three were here a season or two back). If someone can coach his head down running blind way of playing out of him then we would have a top player on our hands, but so far no one has managed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Boufal beats players but doesn't create many opportunities for others, basic problem, as before he went on loan, he does not look up and thus cannot regularly pick out a team mate. He is certainly skilful, full of tricks, but then so was the guy from the Brazilian Soccer School or whatever it was called. All the ball skills in the world but not a footballer which is a team sport. Occassionally gets lucky, hence his assists, but it is seldom due to his vision. Very good defensively as well (certainly compared to Redmond or Tadic when all three were here a season or two back). If someone can coach his head down running blind way of playing out of him then we would have a top player on our hands, but so far no one has managed to do it.
    In about 3 consecutive games he had skilled his way to the byline and created great chances think one to long one to Bertrand that they didn’t score .. same for ings at Everton was it? Same for redmond earlier in the season.. he’s been doing this consistently well.. I just don’t get the argument that he’s not creative .. as for losing the ball so do redmond and djenepo but for some reason when boufal loses it it’s really highlighted on here

In about 3 consecutive games he had skilled his way to the byline and created great chances think one to long one to Bertrand that they didn’t score .. same for ings at Everton was it? Same for redmond earlier in the season.. he’s been doing this consistently well.. I just don’t get the argument that he’s not creative .. as for losing the ball so do redmond and djenepo but for some reason when boufal loses it it’s really highlighted on here
    You are right of course but it just simply doesn’t suit people’s agenda to point things like this out. Predisposition stuff...

46. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Avenue_Saint View Post
    You are right of course but it just simply doesn’t suit people’s agenda to point things like this out. Predisposition stuff...
    4 different managers have only used him as a bit part player, have they got an agenda?

Agenda, what a load of pony. Don’t rate Boufal and it’s part of an agenda.

I just hope the people claiming he’s easily the leagues most skilful player, are only doing so on here. They’d be laughed out of every boozer in the land if they claimed that in public.

A genuinely exciting and talented player - happy to have him at Saints and makes the games exciting again...

48. Default

4 different managers have only used him as a bit part player, have they got an agenda?

Agenda, what a load of pony. Don’t rate Boufal and it’s part of an agenda.

I just hope the people claiming he’s easily the leagues most skilful player, are only doing so on here. They’d be laughed out of every boozer in the land if they claimed that in public.

I don't have an agenda, (I don't imagine you do either) nor do I claim Boufal is the most skilful player in the League - but he is a lot better player than you are making out. He has also had quite a good season, if not so great in his return from injury v Palace. Open both eyes

49. Default Sofiane Boufal

Quote Originally Posted by austsaint View Post
    nor do I claim Boufal is the most skilful player in the League

You might not, but others on here do claim that. Not only the most skilful, but “easily” the most skilful...there’s alosthe claim that other players agree with this assessment, but no names have been forthcoming.

Here’s a question for you. Do you think he’ll become a first team regular?

50. Default

You might not, but others on here do claim that. Not only the most skilful, but “easily” the most skilful...there’s alosthe claim that other players agree with this assessment, but no names have been forthcoming.

Here’s a question for you. Do you think he’ll become a first team regular?

No, I don't think he will become a first team regular, his best performances for us have been as a sub. Ralph probably sees him only as a winger, in competition with Djenepo and to a lesser extent Redmond for a place. If he was given some licence to play a more attacking midfield role by Ralph then maybe he could cement a place. I think he needs a Manager who trusts him and backs him with a run of games in a side with other switched on attacking and midfield players.