Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 2482

Thread: Pellegrino OUT

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Not sure how anyone could prefer the status quo to mark Hughes. I'd give Hughes a go and see if he can keep us up. He's miles better than the fool in charge at present and has actually had some success in the prem.
    just saintsweb snobbery. it is quite frankly ridiculous

Even suggesting Adkins; who is already fighting to save his job at the bottom of the championship. he only took the role a couple of months ago

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    I donít like Mark Hughes but would be doing cartwheels if we got him now. Desperate times.
    I was hoping for some light after WBA last week but what was served up yesterday was dire. Only team down there showing no fight. MP has no gravitas and must go
    Quite right. What's the latest stage of the season a Prem Club has replaced a Manager? If Reed and co. act in the next 24 hours, it's not too late to steady the ship - if Pellegrino is left to muddle through the next 3 or 4 Prem games it probably will be (too late).

Said all along that I would give Luis Enrique an offer.
    Heís desperate to manage in the Premier.
    We would be a great opportunity for him to test himself.
    Before obviously going to one of the big boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Even suggesting Adkins; who is already fighting to save his job at the bottom of the championship. he only took the role a couple of months ago
    That would be the Adkins that won 0-2 at Forest and move them out of the relegation places on Saturday?
    I hate Hughes and feel unclean supporting him but compared to this clown!
    Neither of the last 2 managers should have been appointed in the first place.
    That will upset that snivelling coward apologist Forester who just blames fans that wanted better than dross being served up.
    We turned down someone who had won trophies in 4 countries and managed Real Madrid.
    Pellegrino will be kept on and as I said last night had he been sacked after Leicester game we would have had better options.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    That would be the Adkins that won 0-2 at Forest and move them out of the relegation places on Saturday?
    I hate Hughes and feel unclean supporting him but compared to this clown!
    Neither of the last 2 managers should have been appointed in the first place.
    That will upset that snivelling coward apologist Forester who just blames fans that wanted better than dross being served up.
    We turned down someone who had won trophies in 4 countries and managed Real Madrid.
    Pellegrino will be kept on and as I said last night had he been sacked after Leicester game we would have had better options.

the same Adkins that is 21st in the championship

if you point to one result, why the fuss about Pellegrino? he won the big one away to WBA after all

No you’re ridiculous in saying Hughes. Rather have Adkins to Hughes anyday.

the same Adkins that is 21st in the championship

if you point to one result, why the fuss about Pellegrino? he won the big one away to WBA after all
    You are ignoring where they were when he took them over and what this clown has done this year.....why the fuss nope no idea all is rosy.
    I wouldn't want Adkins back but you cannot rewrite what he achieved here.

You are ignoring where they were when he took them over and what this clown has done this year.....why the fuss nope no idea all is rosy.

I'm not re writing anything.
    just think it is bizarre that anyone would suggest Adkins when he has not long been in a job and has a big challenge keeping it.

9. Default

Where has Batman done that?

Adkins has no track record in the Premier League and has struggled in L1 since leaving us.

Hughes has as good a pedigree as we could reasonably expect - he is, on every single conceivable measure, better than Adkins.

I'm not re writing anything.
    just think it is bizarre that anyone would suggest Adkins when he has not long been in a job and has big challenge keeping it.
    Desperation after yesterday and watching another second half debacle?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    No you’re ridiculous in saying Hughes. Rather have Adkins to Hughes anyday.
    You're genuinely a bit nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post

Adkins has no track record in the Premier League and has struggled in L1 since leaving us.

Hughes has as good a pedigree as we could reasonably expect - he is, on every single conceivable measure, better than Adkins.
    Read the last paragraph...I am not advocating Adkins just saying he is doing ok at Hull considering train wreck there.
    Hughes record of 3 x 9th place finishes proves he isnt that bad but I hate the bloke .
    Ps
    Could be like one of those players you hate but love when they play for you Terry Hurlock
    Last edited by Give it to Ron; 12-02-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Usually Hughes is not my choice of manager but in our situation we need someone with experience and stature who knows the Prem inside out, he would be a good fit.

Think we have left it too late though, I expect he would look at our fixture list and run a mile. Les' dithering has got us relegated.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

At this point we can't do any worse who ever we get in. My gut feeling is we are gone now anyway so a change can't make things any worse.

The thing is its fine putting names out on a forum but I don't think many managers would see us as a very attractive option right now.

I think the general point is that we would take pretty much anyone over Pellegrino. We are 100% down under him. Reed will only take a cheap option so at the moment I would take Tim Sherwood. Nowhere near my 1st choice but so much better tactically. Ignore his tenure at Villa. Mourinho would have taken that side down. First choice would be Guus Hiddink...no chance!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The board should pay the price if they persist with this donkey. They will have to explain why they sat on their hands from November. Does anyone seriously think the fans will accept Pellegrino for next season when we are in the championship .
    Even if we were to stay up would anyone want another season with him.
    They will sack him but too late to save our premiership status. The board are letting the fans down and if they do I won't renew my season ticket I won't need to.

I think he Hughes could do a job for us but we know what Les is like.

He tries to make out, our club is something special and we do things our way. The board reeks of arrogance because they genuinely believe they run our club better than anyone else runs theirs. Due to this I canít see him going for someone on the Ďmanager-merry-go-roundí because it would make us look like just any old club, you know what I mean.

It's getting to the stage where I'm more than happy to present the club with my Football Manager CV. Getting Bradford to the Champions League is not to be sniffed at. I reckon I have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    It's getting to the stage where I'm more than happy to present the club with my Football Manager CV. Getting Bradford to the Champions League is not to be sniffed at. I reckon I have a chance.
    Do you play one up front ? You dont stand a chance if not

20. Default

Roger is on the record saying you'd be better than Mark Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by beatlesaint View Post
    Do you play one up front ? You dont stand a chance if not
    I do...! But I surround him with pace, so it works.

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by broncoboy View Post
    The board should pay the price if they persist with this donkey. They will have to explain why they sat on their hands from November. Does anyone seriously think the fans will accept Pellegrino for next season when we are in the championship .
    Even if we were to stay up would anyone want another season with him.
    They will sack him but too late to save our premiership status. The board are letting the fans down and if they do I won't renew my season ticket I won't need to.
    It's just inexplicable the Board can ignore the groundswell of discontent with Pellegrino. On any measure Pellegrino comes up short, and I can't think of any other Prem or Championship Club who would have allowed such an abject situation to drag on without action. It's fecking infuriating!!

I do...! But I surround him with pace, so it works.

Got no hope with our squad then...

Why on earth hasn't he been relieved of his duties yet?

Next stage will be all the empty seats at games.

This is getting ridiculous.

25. Default

Krueger and Kat are in China with Gao for the New Year. Either nothing will happen or the **** will hit the fan shortly.

He's still here then.

This isn't 'sleepwalking into relegation' - this is negligence.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by derry View Post
    Krueger and Kat are in China with Gao for the New Year. Either nothing will happen or the **** will hit the fan shortly.
    Don’t worry the club’s in safe hands with Les and the football people.

28. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Don’t worry the club’s in safe hands with Les and the football people.

I think thats a bloody good idea.

Lets all bombard their inbox with CVs making speculative applications for the managers job.

Or would they do something churlish like use the info to ban people from SMS ?

I'm just wondering how Mope compares to Paul Jewell, Billy Davies etc His record is truly awful and yet he is still in the job. What is the record for least wins and yet the club have kept their manager? We must be close with 1 in 14.

Yeah but at least we got Chinese dragons dancing around before the match and little red envelopes handed out to the kids nothing screams English football like celebrating Chinese new year.
    It's paying attention to those little details in the pre match warm up that have made the club what it is today....

Still here then.

An insult to the supporters.

Waiting for the statement from Lesley.
    We feel that it’s too late for a replacement so we are sticking with this muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    Waiting for the statement from Lesley.
    We feel that itís too late for a replacement so we are sticking with this muppet.
    I am at the point where I don't care about a replacement. I'd be perfectly happy to just get rid of him and let the players crack on by themselves. Damage limitation, I'm now convinced the not having a manager is better than letting him continue to make a complete balls up of everything.

35. Default

Wake up every morning and log on here hoping that I see a thread entitled “Pellegrino sacked!”.

It was beggars belief that he survived the Leicester debacle. How he’s still here, months later is a mystery to me. What are they waiting for?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-Baku-job.html

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    I am at the point where I don't care about a replacement. I'd be perfectly happy to just get rid of him and let the players crack on by themselves. Damage limitation, I'm now convinced the not having a manager is better than letting him continue to make a complete balls up of everything.
    After yesterdays total lack of effort in the second half I'm not sure trust them either. Might as well just play the under 18s and Lemina a player who put in loads of effort despite apparently having a sickness bug...the rest of them don't look like the give a crap.

38. Default

Exactly. Why don’t the players just get in a huddle and say, “**** this, let’s just go for it, ignore the ****”.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Exactly. Why don’t the players just get in a huddle and say, “**** this, let’s just go for it, ignore the ****”.

40. Default

Isn't there a sense that .. with the owners living elsewhere there is no-one actually at the club in a position to make a decision anyway?

41. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Pellegrino: “Ok Davo, lead ‘em out”.

Davis: “Let's go easy on them, they have Champs League”.

42. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post

Handshakes?

At this point it is a bit of a downer to wake up and discover that he’s still here. Pellegrino is not the only employee of the club who’s afraid to make bold decisions, it seems.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Albert View Post
    At this point it is a bit of a downer to wake up and discover that heís still here. Pellegrino is not the only employee of the club whoís afraid to make bold decisions, it seems.
    Nah. I gave up on expecting the club to act ages ago. For better or worse he isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    We sit right behind the dug-outs and a very common remark is that the players seem to take zero notice of anything MP says during the game !

I hope you are right, maybe they were agreeing next steps and certainly Ralph look less than happy with whatever next steps he has been charged with taking. Les is Kat's man so probably water tight and seen by Gao as the go-between but Les's absence from that meeting suggests he and some other board members may be about to be axed along with the Clown. If surgery has been pre-ordained it is unlikely to be minor under a local anaesthetic.

The Chinese usually play the long game and maybe Gao has a ten year plan in which the short term ails amount to very little, who knows?

Maybe football insiders know something we don't like the formation of a breakaway European or even Global super league in the next few years with the wholesale re-organisation of national leagues as a consequence? The status quo may have no bearing on where we might be in ten years time. Such a wild scenario could at least go some way towards the apparent abject lack of concern of the owners in our current plight.....

Makes you wonder how much we have to lose by for them to jettison the clown. 10? If so, get Forster back in for the next one. Tough love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ItchenRob View Post
    We sit right behind the dug-outs and a very common remark is that the players seem to take zero notice of anything MP says during the game !
    Nobody has refused to go on as a sub when called for! I too sit in that part of the ground and noticed how players subbed off did not acknowledge The Clown with a handshake or hug. It does look a tad automatic like they're going through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by ItchenRob View Post
    Can you give specific examples?

Can't believe that imbecile is still manager today. I thought the only positive thing about that pathetic capitulation being broadcast around the world yesterday was that the owner might actually be bothered to watch a game and realise just how awful things are. Well, it seems he did get to see the game but it looks like they all sat around congratulating themselves on watching all that fantastic Southampton talent on the field. Pity it was all playing for Liverpool, but I'm sure they all toasted the magnificent and unique business model that sold 150 million quid of talent to Liverpool over the past few seasons. Don't suppose anyone mentioned the league position. They probably all got excited about seeing the first half possession stats and how well the 'Southampton Way' was working.

On another note, I would take Hughes or almost anyone over Pellegrino. Anyone who has watched more than a couple of games in their lives would have more of a clue than this guy. But, it might be more tricky to get someone in because of the way the club management have this air of superiority about how things are done at Saints. Although Pellegrino is clearly useless, he was also put in a very bad situation by Reed & co. in that he did not bring in his own support team with him and had to work with what was already in place. Almost anyone with any credibility would have insisted on bringing their own assistants with them - people they can trust and discuss things with. Pellegrino, an amateur himself, only has other amateurs to help him out. Someone like Hughes would insist on his own team. Would Reed allow that?