Saints 1 Huddersfield 1 - Post Match

St Chalet

He was principally at fault yesterday; but has otherwise been very good for the past season and a half. The mistake every game jibe is just hysterical, lazy nonsense. Hope Santa’s got you an mattress protector pal.

It's not. He's not good enough, never has been, never will be. The "very good" jibe that gets said is just hysterical, lazy nonsense. He goes unnoticed because he's a nice guy, tries hard and appears to be a good team mate. None of that makes him a competent defender. Just look at him last week getting in so tight to Hazard that he knocks him 10ft in the air.

Luckily I was fully expecting this reaction for having a critical opinion of Maya ****ing Yoshida.

A disgrace. Really, in what way? If you really want to know what's a disgrace looks like, check the mirror. Idiot.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

hey its his opinion so hes entittled to say so and pretty much mine aswell, niether of them would walk into a first team and be first on any other team other than maybe a top 6-7 championship team.

It's not. He's not good enough, never has been, never will be. The "very good" jibe that gets said is just hysterical, lazy nonsense. He goes unnoticed because he's a nice guy, tries hard and appears to be a good team mate. None of that makes him a competent defender.

Luckily I was fully expecting this reaction for having a critical opinion of Maya ****ing Yoshida.

His performances have improved massively since last season - you’re deluded if you can’t see that. He’s emerged as one of our more consistent players. He’s not the problem or the reason we’re in the situation we find ourselves.

It's not. He's not good enough, never has been, never will be. The "very good" jibe that gets said is just hysterical, lazy nonsense. He goes unnoticed because he's a nice guy, tries hard and appears to be a good team mate. None of that makes him a competent defender. Just look at him last week getting in so tight to Hazard that he knocks him 10ft in the air.

Wise up mate - Yoshida's a much better player than you're describing him. How do you rate Tadic, Redmond and Ward-Prowse?

hey its his opinion so hes entittled to say so and pretty much mine aswell, niether of them would walk into a first team and be first on any other team other than maybe a top 6-7 championship team.

Be careful, you're not allowed to criticise fan favourites, even if they're diabolical defenders. Luckily, they are probably the same ilk who thought De Ridder was a cracking player because he tried hard.

Yoshida isn't one of the world’s best players, but he's certainly not our biggest problem. You're getting carried away and a little hysterical with the 'diabolical' 'not good enough' 'not a component defender' 'he's a disgrace' nonsense.

And for what it's worth, De Ridder was ****.

Like I said, nobody had dare criticise Yoshi.
Criticize all you like, but there is no way on this planet that you should be using the word 'disgrace', he is anything but. He is poor, he is slow, he is weak (he's not any of those), try and find a little perspective instead of billious overreaction.

If an attacker makes a mistake, there is probably ten men and 80 yards of pitch to rectify it, if a centre back makes a mistake there is probably the goalkeeper, 6 yards and the frame of the goal. Maya has a mistake in him, as all players do, but he has been very good for us lately and nowhere near a disgrace.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yoshida isn't one of the world’s best players, but he's certainly not our biggest problem. You're getting carried away and a little hysterical with the 'diabolical' 'not good enough' 'not a component defender' nonsense.

And for what it's worth, De Ridder was ****.

At fault yesterday. At fault, with Forster at Chelsea. I'd really hate to compile a list of how many points that dope has cost us over the years. Still, nice guy and has never wanted to leave, so my criticism is OTT.

There is little wrong with Yoshida being one of a threesome of CBs. He is very quick across the ground and I've seldom seen him beaten for pace by many of the fastest strikers. He is generally solid if he has the likes of Van-Djik or Hoedt alongside him, who are taller and more muscular. His improvement has been noticeable since he has had a run in the team.

Edited by Wes Tender

I still think the recruitment has let us down,players like Redmond/Tadic/Boufal/Long/Davis/Forster are clearly not good enough for us,they are offering nothing each week, yes the manager has to try and get the best out of them but if they are not up to the job how can the manager win.

The club make a lot of this black box,but it is obviously not as good as they think,we buy far to many players with one eye on resale,these are players that are "ones to watch" & "ones for the future" however we need players that are proven now and have that experience to go out each week and get results.

Sacking now is not going to help imo,we need to back the manager in the transfer window give him some cash and let him bring in his own players, Puel & MP are good coaches,they do not suddenly become awful,they inherited a awful team that was stripped of it's assets and never replaced properly.

Cool. I don't think my criticism is harsh enough, to be honest. But that's the joy of opinions.

Take a valium, or have another pint for christ's sake. In a thus far miserable season for SFC, nothing has saddened me more than the decline of Stephen Davis. I think he is ready to return to Rangers.

For me, Davis and JWP should never start in the same team, as they are too lightweight and take too long on the ball to make a decision. Next time he plays, just count the number of touches that Davis takes, only to make a pass that was on in the first place.

Our first choice midfield should be from PEH, Romeu and Lemina, with JWP playing if there is no-one else fit who can take corners.

With Austin out for a while, we definitely need a striker in in January, but I can't think who ? Sturridge in PX for VVD ?

We played OK after we scored, but sat back too deep, and narrow as the game wore on.

Yoshida is one of the few loyal players we have at this club. He may not be the greatest defender in the world but he’ll always give his all for us. There are others more deserving of harsher criticism, such as Tadic for his shocking play acting.

True. But the fact Tadic and Redmond, both abysmal, keep getting picked is the real problem. Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At fault yesterday. At fault, with Forster at Chelsea. I'd really hate to compile a list of how many points that dope has cost us over the years. Still, nice guy and has never wanted to leave, so my criticism is OTT.

The fact he starts every week for us shows how little ambition we are now showing, no other premier league team would start him.

Their keeper is an accident waiting to happen. If FF had sliced that clearance and almost got lobbed he'd be roasted. Goalkeepers make mistakes and with the exception of a few like De Gea, alll have strengths and weaknesses. I thought FF had a good game and zero he could realistically do about the goal.

I was just suggesting he was dealing with crosses very well, didn't mention the weaknesses in his game as wasn't really relevant. A confident keeper would have come out and sorted out that cross, wasn't really drilled in too hard. Saying that marking was shocking and the closing down of the cross was left to be desired. :x

I'd say that's nonsense - Tadic and Redmond are poor this season (they weren't under Koeman) and Tadic has been a creative force in the past but has lost his spark, the black box doesn't cater for natural dips in form.

Davis was never recruited with the black box, he's been a very good performer for a number of seasons and is our best chance of scoring goals from midfield (Palace and Brighton anyone) - but this season what is CLEAR is he's now championship level and has lost his legs, he simply looks slow and cumbersome and weak compared to Mario Lemina.

Forster, he's been awful for two seasons but recently he has improved a bit and made some stunning saves, you could argue his hand on that header saved us a defeat, but he has had good seasons as well as bad. But the issue is we are too scared to play a second keeper if Forster is in bad form, this is a management/club issue. We always had two keepers that battled for a place before, this seems to have stopped.

Long - he's a bad finisher but has had good moments with us and many good games where his effort doesn't get reward, i don't know how happy he is playing third fiddle to Austin and Gab, but you can't argue that he offers us an outlet against bigger teams when his pace keeps them on their toes.

Boufal, should be played above Tadic and Redmond EVERY week our best player on the ball and most creative, he needs a consistent run in the side. He'll thrive under better management and with better players. He's a case of a player who in my opinion is probably too good for us, but we don't know that. He seems a step ahead of the other players, when he gets the ball he's always looking to make something happen and take a man on. What the problem is no-one supports him when he does his brilliance leaving him surrounded by 3-4 players without an option.

The issue is very much a team one, a team who lack identity and belief and have no leaders off the field or on, there were times against Huddersfield where no player had a n option within 30 yards, because no-one has faith in each other, the support wasn't there, so we never properly attacked as a team. We do defend as a team but when it comes to pushing and pressing, it's very much the occasional one man press rather than three or four which it should be. This suggests the players are confused and don't understand MP's methods.

The management change couldn't come soon enough, our players are good enough but they need someone who can give them that fire again. You can see they really don't know what to do once the game kicks off, we're a team crying out for a new manager to inspire them.

I still think the recruitment has let us down,players like Redmond/Tadic/Boufal/Long/Davis/Forster are clearly not good enough for us,

Redmond has never been good enough , I'd argue that Tadic on the wane as is Davis but that they were good enough probably gone a season too far now though, Boufal never gets a consistent place in the side to decide whether good enough or not but the others Long has had one good season in his whole career , but has at least provided something different for the opposition to worry about , as for Forster never an England keeper has been blessed with a back 4 or 6 if you include Spider and Big Vic

The team seems to just lack shape and players playing to their strenghts , left foot left side for instance and PEH needs to play as I believe him with Lemina could well be the two figures in this current squad who could kickstart some forward play, as for Redmond let him drive VVD to Manchester and stay there with his mate Pep

Well, I didn't bother going for a post match celebratory pint and got the train straight home, and listened and contributed to a group of Saints fans commenting on the match.

I know their scorer was atrociously unmarked but when is Forster going to use his height and reach in the 6 yard box? With a single striker he only has to barely touch the ball away from its trajectory. Even at the bottom of the football pyramid the coaches tell us to make that area our own, which is only difficult when it's crowded.

I thought Redmond was trying hard today and made some good runs, but he's still lacking confidence and his final decision making could be better. There is hope there, as there is with Boufal. But the support was so obviously lacking. Due to his rustiness I suspect Targett was told not to be too ambitious but he was never a source of worry and he keeps control of the ball well. Davis unfortunately is definitely slowing down, and from comments here it's not only an impression he gives me.

There was just a lack of movement in the team, and I don't know whether they lack confidence in the manager but they certainly do as a team.

Yeah, I’m no fan of Redmond but that’s harsh, he did everything right there, unfortunately it was down to Charlie screwing his shot wide, simple as that.
Watch the pass again . Austin has great control but the pass was poor and cost him the shot

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

That was my first match in 4 years and it was really poor.

We're very static, don't press at all, let alone press high and really look bereft of ideas and confidence.

I was really surprised by how much we push the ball wide in order to lob it forward to nobody and lose it. We also shouldn't be playing on the break when 1-0 up at home. I'm sorry but go for the bloody kill!

Redmond makes poor decision too often. Shooting when men overlap him and being conservative when the chance to take his man on presents itself.

Austin and boufal were positive, at least they look dangerous and get us excited. Other than that we are ponderous and lacking drive. Hojberg should be playing alongside Lemina as they can both get things moving from time to time. Tadic is a shadow of the player I remember.

Not looking forward to the next game against palace as I was.

That was my first match in 4 years and it was really poor.

We're very static, don't press at all, let alone press high and really look bereft of ideas and confidence.

I was really surprised by how much we push the ball wide in order to lob it forward to nobody and lose it. We also shouldn't be playing on the break when 1-0 up at home. I'm sorry but go for the bloody kill!

Redmond makes poor decision too often. Shooting when men overlap him and being conservative when the chance to take his man on presents itself.

Austin and boufal were positive, at least they look dangerous and get us excited. Other than that we are ponderous and lacking drive. Hojberg should be playing alongside Lemina as they can both get things moving from time to time. Tadic is a shadow of the player I remember.

Not looking forward to the next game against palace as I was.

ha I thought we actual pressed a little more yesterday than we normally do. Were just **** at.

TBF to MP, I think he does try different things, every single week, so I don't think that your criticism is fair.

Yet when things do seem to work and players play well he totally changes the formation and players for the next game !?

Woeful support again yesterday 1-1 and people leaving on 85 mins . Second home game running where the opposition support has sung "oh when the saints go marching out". **** me, we really are terrible supporters. Got to be one of the leagues worse

The atmosphere at SMS is pretty toxic now it started the end of last season and it hasn't got any better this season we barely sing and the crowd just seemed resigned to us losing before the game starts now.

If you want to name a disgrace yesterday, try the guy that missed an open goal and kicked an opposition player in the face on purpose.

Yoshida is a disgrace really. Has never been good enough and has a mistake in him every.single.game. We're not allowed to criticise "Yoshi" because he's a nice guy and has never wanted to move away. ****ing wake up you idiots, he's never wanted a move away because no other PL team think he's good enough. Much like JWP.

Harsh. I think Yoshida has improved immeasurably in last couple of seasons. He sometimes gets rolled too easily but he’s a solid pro who always gives 100 per cent and chips in with more than his fair share of goals. If we had more players with his can do attitude I don’t think we’d be in this mess.

He's way out of his league.

I didn't say he isn't but at least criticise him for something he actually does or doesn't do. He is very good at making Changes, and IMO that's one of the issues. Play well get dropped? We don't play the same formation two games in a row..are we three at the back, four at the back?

The atmosphere at SMS is pretty toxic now it started the end of last season and it hasn't got any better this season we barely sing and the crowd just seemed resigned to us losing before the game starts now.

It really is quite noticeable.

The one exception I can recall is when we lost to Man Utd, but that was one of our better performances of the season.

The club don’t want supporters they want customers who will come to enjoy the experience. Sadly now that’s exactly what they’ve got. High ticket prices, games being changed for TV, influx of day trippers, let’s face if the Premier League isn’t it all it’s cracked up to be.

Part of the trouble is the fact announcement of the line-up inspires little confidence, gone are the days when supporters feel total commitment to those taking to the pitch, as you know you won't be seeing a full blooded 100% commitment from those playing.

I feel deflated on accepting FF is in goal, by the time Redmond is announced I realise this could be another frought 90 minutes.

Just read Pellegrino thinks that Huddersfield were ‘tough opposition’

He really is incredibly stupid....

Well they clearly are, they've proven that this season against better teams than us. The problem is more the fact that we've slipped so much that they're better than us.

Well they clearly are, they've proven that this season against better teams than us. The problem is more the fact that we've slipped so much that they're better than us.

Errr no, Huddersfield were terrible and are not better than us. We contrived to select a team and tactics that couldn’t beat them, that’s all ..