Saints 1 Huddersfield 1 - Post Match

St Chalet

Expectation extremely low.

Zero entertainment level to beat.

Decent squad in poor form.

Money to spend.

Hardly the worst job. Coming with a team not actually in the drop zone, with a massively underperforming squad is very different to coming into a rock bottom team that doesn't have any decent players. A decent manager could literally turn around our season in a month.

Ok, but who? Cards on the table.

We need a manager in that can give them all a reality check! someone who simply wont put up with players not turning up & giving their all, someone who they will have a little bit of respect & fear of......... but who? there is no one really....... could WGS instil some fighting spirit & fitness & work ethic into them?

We do have a much better goal difference than everyone around us.

If Austin hadn’t missed or Yoshida had been a bit luckier than we would’ve won. We were the only team trying to win at the end.

I don’t think we’ll get relegated, but 4 wins all season isn’t good enough.

I didn't, but I'm starting to change my mind. If we don't get rid of this **** it will look like an inevitability within the next 10 matches. We've already left it later than we should have done and whoever comes in will be facing an uphill struggle even if we do it now.

Either way we need mass changes at the club. That means spending big in January or changing the coaching staff. Or, ideally, both.

My concern with sacking MP is who takes charge in the interim. Martin Hunter? Jaidi? Les????

Let's be honest here I can't see Les sacking Mope during this Xmas period

Its utterly depressing watching us and supporting us.

I massively dislike Les Reed

I detest Pellegrino

I hate Redmond

Absolutely miserable club just now.

Complete mismanagement from top to bottom

A number of heads need to roll very soon or we are ****ed

It is incredible how the positivity and joy has evaporated from our club in the past couple of years. Very poor management from the big earners at the top table.

Very disappointing :(

We looked awful at the start and Tadic and Redmond were as bad as they've ever been while Davis, Lemina and Yoshi didn't cover themselves in glory.

Hoedt, Targett, JWP, Charlie and Forster did well, in what seemed an odd starting 11.

Such fine margins - Yoshi's header hitting the goalie head after the post was such a fluke......on any other day that would have gone in off the keeper,

and we would have the win.

I can see us getting 1 point [more would be nice] out of the next two games, and it will depend on how badly others do as to whether we stay safe.

Realistically the manager isn't going anywhere and there aren't any better options.

Maybe a new coach can make a difference?

Lemina had a great game. Tell me what you saw from Ward-Prowse to qualify him as"doing well"; it just seems such a luxury to have the guy loitering on the flank, with no pace or penetration and little defensive cover. It was quite sad to watch the continuing decline of Stephen Davis today. We were very weak in midfield today - Lemina aside.

We need a manager in that can give them all a reality check! someone who simply wont put up with players not turning up & giving their all, someone who they will have a little bit of respect & fear of......... but who? there is no one really....... could WGS instil some fighting spirit & fitness & work ethic into them?

WGS would be a good shout. Hoddle as well, not sure another foreign coach would work.

Its utterly depressing watching us and supporting us.

I massively dislike Les Reed

I detest Pellegrino

I hate Redmond

Absolutely miserable club just now.

Complete mismanagement from top to bottom

A number of heads need to roll very soon or we are ****ed

Not often I agree with you, but I do here. I'd add, I hate Tadic, and I hate hearing the commentators repeatedly tell me what an outstanding dead ball deliverer is JWP.

Seeing Pellegrino smirking on the sidelines as we turn in yet another limp performance makes my blood boil. I wasn’t a fan of Puel but I absolutely detest Pellegrino. Really not enjoying watching at the moment, tepid, uninspiring crap from an incompetent but seemingly quite arrogant manager.

Liverpool game aside, we’ve done OK against the bigger teams. Either drawn or lost by one. So let’s not write off our chances just yet, although .

Played 6. Lost 5 drawn 1. Would say that is pretty awful to get 1 point from 18 no?

We currently have 7 points from 30. Most likely 7 from 36 after the next two games. Who knows what will happen for the rest of the season but one thing is for sure if we get only one win in our next ten as we currently have we are really in the ****.

It is incredible how the positivity and joy has evaporated from our club in the past couple of years. Very poor management from the big earners at the top table.

Tbh the joy and positivity evaporated every single time we lost or didn't beat someone we didn't feel we were superior to. So nothing new there! You still had Glasgow/Heisenturd, Alpine, Dalek and the other keyboard warriors banging on then. it's just we were better so they had less to troll about.

Not often I agree with you, but I do here. I'd add, I hate Tadic, and I hate hearing the commentators repeatedly tell me what an outstanding dead ball deliverer is JWP.

Lol the JWP delivery message got old about 2 years ago. Just glad the Beckham comparisons have stopped.

Lazy commentary

Played 6. Lost 5 drawn 1. Would say that is pretty awful to get 1 point from 18 no?

We currently have 7 points from 30. Most likely 7 from 36 after the next two games. Who knows what will happen for the rest of the season but one thing is for sure if we get only one win in our next ten as we currently have we are really in the ****.

Results wise yes but I was talking more about the fact that the performances have been OK.

The problem with sacking him would mean the new man (if we had one lined up) would be under pressure straight away.

I say get Jaidi or someone else to be interim manager for Spurs to refresh the tactis, announce the new guy the day before Man U game for them to watch but galvanise our performance and get him started on an easier game

You know it's time for the manager to go when you find yourself wishing Huddersfield score a late winner just to eliminate any possible doubt the hopelessly out of depth MP needs to be fired in the morning.

He MUST have been told nothing less than a win against Huddersfield at home will keep him in his job...whatever the performance. Then he starts with one striker at home (who has no pace to play the lone striker role) in a must-win game. If ever there was a time to play Gabbiadini and Austin together with Boufal creating things behind, this was it.

Totally clueless.

Get rid of him now so at least the players know they are going to have to perform for someone else...Tuchel? Please.

Ok just back....

Absolute rubbish.

Man for man every one of our players was better than theirs ... Yet they manage a draw away! Why? This why, they are coached we are not. There is no plan and no cohesion at all.

When we did win the ball in defensive midfield Ward Prowse ran - flat out towards infield towards the congested centre circle????? Eliminating our width. This meant There was no outlet?????

In fact the general theme was ‘run away’ from our player on the ball....

Redmond and Davies ???? Please ??? How on earth are these guys picked ?

The pathetic little directions with the fingers to the players during the match were at best pathetic at worst a disgrace....

Forster - words fail me??? Could have walked out to collect the cross for their goal but stood on the line waiting for the ball to hit the net.

I have not seen such uncoordinated rubbish of this magnitude ever watching Saints...

This guy has to go now... literally anyone or no one would be an improvement.....

No wonder, apparently the players have no respect for this manager it is just unbelievable to watch...

Edited by captainchris

The time to act is now. Today has made it crystal clear we are only moving in one direction with this manager and I don't see any point in delaying any longer.

The approach MP takes in the games against the best teams makes it almost impossible to see us getting anything in next couple of games especially with no Austin. So may as well cut the cord now.

Get someone with premier league experience in now and give them half a chance to work with the club to improve the squad and most importantly the morale around the existing squad in January.

My vote would be Gordon Strachan until the end of the season. He's available, has experience, popular with the fans and capable of instilling some passion back into the club. Do it now!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I've never called for a manager to be sacked before, but this guy needs to go imo. He seems pretty clueless about how to play football with a style that works in England. He only seems to have a clue about limiting the scoreline when playing the top sides whose style is much more what he would have been used to abroad.

However, I am not among those who blame Les Reed - there has been too much good before this to blame him entirely. Yes, this has been a poor appointment, but there have been many other good appointments and purchases for which he deserves some credit.

I also don't think you can blame the players - they are simply trying to implement the instructions they have been given by MoPe and Black (who also should go!). Redmond gave a very strong hint about that to Guardiola after the City game. The only player that deserves any significant blame is Van Dijk whose petulance has hung like a cloud over the club for far too long (though I still believe we need to hold out for the right money for him from the right club!)

You know it's time for the manager to go when you find yourself wishing Huddersfield score a late winner just to eliminate any possible doubt the hopelessly out of depth MP needs to be fired in the morning.

He MUST have been told nothing less than a win against Huddersfield at home will keep him in his job...whatever the performance. Then he starts with one striker at home (who has no pace to play the lone striker role) in a must-win game. If ever there was a time to play Gabbiadini and Austin together with Boufal creating things behind, this was it.

Totally clueless.

Get rid of him now so at least the players know they are going to have to perform for someone else...Tuchel? Please.

You do know he turned us down in the summer as we were not a big enough club. Some how dear Les thought it was a done deal, and then had to scrabble around to find someone else as he had already got shot of Puel? MP has to go, but don't expect Les to get it right this time either, and certainly can not see Tuchel changing his mind.

I would mind Monk.

Too many posters on here running their own misguided agendas and seeking confirmation bias.

MP inherited an unbalanced squad that is short of goal scoring ability and sacking him will have no effect if this is not rectified in January.

Not a bad performance today and Saints would would have been comfortable winners if Austin's shot from Redmond's excellent run had gone in.

Too many posters on here running their own misguided agendas and seeking confirmation bias.

MP inherited an unbalanced squad that is short of goal scoring ability and sacking him will have no effect if this is not rectified in January.

Not a bad performance today and Saints would would have been comfortable winners if Austin's shot from Redmond's excellent run had gone in.

Now, now don't come on here spouting sane stuff!

We were truly horrendous for the first 20 mins worst start I've ever seen

He didn’t sell anyone in summer. He’s had Austin fit for a while. It’s the real that finished 8th. If you’re happy with that kinda performance go and support totton.

None so blind as those that can’t see...

We were terrible today - again ...and only saved by the fact that Huddersfield have worse individual players...

I really don’t know if you properly watched the game in detail to have this opinion...

Edited by captainchris

We seem to concede every game.

We struggle to score more than one goal.

Where on earth are the points going to come from.

The manager has to go now with someone lined up.

They're always banging on about the list of manager replacements so make the change.

There are no signs that we are going to come out of this and change the form around with the current setup.

The board/transfer committee are accountable for the complete lack of goals in our squad.

Our little resolute stance on VVD has achieved nothing. He's been nowhere near his old form and if we have blown his transfer fee out for 4 months worth of shïte performances then what was the point! From the managers interview he sounds like he's off. Let's hope we at least make some decent money on it and it isn't pished away on more crap.

There is so much wrong with our squad that I can't see how our usual reluctance to do business in January/the lack of options are going to solve it.

Not feeling positive.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's not just the manager. It's the players too. Not enough quality. Keep selling all the good ones. A real fight on our hands with other results today.

It would help if the manager was capable of identifying and playing our best players. On recent evidence, he is not, and he is not rewarding players who do well (Hoj for example) with a run of starts. In fact, he often drops them for the next game.