Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 500 of 900

Thread: Mario Lemina - Loaned to Galatasaray: Official

  1. #451

    Default

    I like how people are moaning on social media about a player using social media.

    #mess


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #452

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    News of "verbal commitments" is always concerning. Whilst he's not worked out brilliantly, at the outset I did wonder how we got him here from Juventus and a Champions League final (substitutes) appearance. Maybe the verbal agreement was to get him here for a couple of years so he could attract bigger PL clubs and with that came a sense we wouldn't place an unrealistically high price tag on his head, which we are now honouring? Pure conjecture from me, and rather daft if so, but I bet it happens in some deals...
    We have been a stepping stone club for years, and can only attract players who have aspirations for bigger and better clubs by agreeing not to stand in their way when a bigger club comes calling. I've no doubt that's happened here.

  3. #453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    If United ans Arsenal are interested, I'd say he's correct to have that attitude, wouldn't you?
    Just like Callum Chambers? His career has really progressed since Arsenal bought him.
    Last edited by Tamesaint; 11-07-2019 at 03:39 AM.

  4. #454

    Default

    Just get him sold and move on not hard is it.... Frankly I couldn't care less sooner we get dosh and replace the better I'd rather have that Leeds Lad in... Bowen aswell if we shift Boufal.. Buy the best from Championship.

  5. #455

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Well, I think it's a shame. I thought he was one of the genuine class players we had. Don't like his attitude and arrogance, but let's separate that from his footballing ability - and who can deny we've been completely ****e for the bulk of his two years under the clown and Hughes? He's hardly had the best of times. It does concern me that we can't motivate our better players to stay on for a 'new era' under Ralph. Explains the reluctance to play him. Why would anyone play a player who doesn't want to play for you? Watch him 'do a Tadic' wherever he goes...

  6. #456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver Saint View Post
    Well, I think it's a shame. I thought he was one of the genuine class players we had. Don't like his attitude and arrogance, but let's separate that from his footballing ability - and who can deny we've been completely ****e for the bulk of his two years under the clown and Hughes? He's hardly had the best of times. It does concern me that we can't motivate our better players to stay on for a 'new era' under Ralph. Explains the reluctance to play him. Why would anyone play a player who doesn't want to play for you? Watch him 'do a Tadic' wherever he goes...
    Why does it concern you? Ralph wants to forge a team that is disciplined and plays the way he wants them to and so must have the right attitude.
    Lemina clearly isnít that player.

  7. #457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Just like Callum Chambers? His career has really progressed since Arsenal bought him.
    Fulhamís player of the season

  8. #458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Just like Callum Chambers? His career has really progressed since Arsenal bought him.
    Deluded: believing something that is not true.

    Ex Marseille and Juventus player thinks he can play for a team better than Saints, with United and Arsenal interested.

    Clearly United and Arsenal agree with his assessment, so not really sure how he can be classed as deluded.

  9. #459

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gotham city
    Posts
    5,383

    Default

    Wow has any other player been so desperate for a move that they posted their own self promotion video on twitter? "I know what I can reach & will fight for it" ...... Embarrassing

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

  10. #460

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wokingham, Berkshire
    Posts
    8,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Relegated Fulhamís player of the season
    FIFY

  11. #461

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,540

    Default

    Wouldn't say the man u fans on Red cafe where exactly thrilled about signing Lemina

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  12. #462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Wow has any other player been so desperate for a move that they posted their own self promotion video on twitter? "I know what I can reach & will fight for it" ...... Embarrassing

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    He's been left behind from training camp, and is actively looking for a club, with Saints blessing. Why wouldn't he promote himself?

    Our fans really are bitter numpties. You'd have thought they'd have learnt that the players we bought under Reid don't want to play for us.
    Last edited by Unbelievable Jeff; 11-07-2019 at 08:14 AM.

  13. #463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    He's been left behind from training camp, and is actively looking for a club, with Saints blessing. Why wouldn't he promote himself?

    Our fans really are bitter numpties. You'd have thought they'd have learnt that the players we bought under Reid don't want to play for us.
    Would have thought performing consistently well on the pitch would be a better way of promoting yourself to be fair.

  14. #464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErwinK1961 View Post
    Would have thought performing consistently well on the pitch would be a better way of promoting yourself to be fair.
    Absolutely, but he was injured for the last 4 months of the season, then couldn't get into the side, so couldn't do that.

  15. #465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Wow has any other player been so desperate for a move that they posted their own self promotion video on twitter? "I know what I can reach & will fight for it" ...... Embarrassing

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    OMG, I keep seeing the embarrassing comment, & today this one made me laugh. How can you with some of your posts ever get embarrassed any more?

  16. #466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Absolutely, but he was injured for the last 4 months of the season, then couldn't get into the side, so couldn't do that.
    He's been here two years and hasn't done it.

  17. Default

    Poor Mario might have to retweet his video...

    UNITED READY MILINKOVIC-SAVIC BID

    Manchester United are ready to offer £72m for Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, according to Sky in Italy.

    Lazioís President Claudio Lotito wants £90m for the 24-year-old and doesnít intend to lower the asking price.

    Milinkovic-Savic would like to go but wonít force a move and would be prepared to stay at Lazio for another year.

  18. #468

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Marbella drunk again
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Be funny if he ends up at west ham ....up his on arse

  19. #469

    Default

    you'd have thought he would have at least watched the video himself before posting it all over the internet trying to get a move.

    some of the skills involved are by a certain Nathan Redmond instead of Lemina

    dopey sod!

  20. #470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErwinK1961 View Post
    He's been here two years and hasn't done it.
    So why would he not put out a video then?

  21. Default

    Serge-Savic is a proper player, I am presuming that fee has stopped him moving to a European super club earlier, but you'd only think that would go through if they sold Pogba.

    I'd reckon more Lemina might be a Herrera replacement.

  22. #472

    Default

    It wasn’t his own video on Twitter. He thieved it from @UnitedDaily9, and they have commented on the fact that he hadn’t credited them for it or followed them.

  23. #473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    So why would he not put out a video then?
    If you think putting a video out of some sped up selected 'highlights', some of which are actually Redmond, is a good idea to help promote himself to other teams, then good luck to you.

    I can't speak for others, but I'm not a 'bitter numpty' as you put it - he has been a waste of money, with a cr*p attitude and will not shed any tears if he goes. The fact that top 6 clubs allegedly want him after his time here (which I find bizarre) is great news for us, as we'll more than likely make a profit and get a hefty wage off the books.

  24. #474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErwinK1961 View Post
    If you think putting a video out of some sped up selected 'highlights', some of which are actually Redmond, is a good idea to help promote himself to other teams, then good luck to you.

    I can't speak for others, but I'm not a 'bitter numpty' as you put it - he has been a waste of money, with a cr*p attitude and will not shed any tears if he goes. The fact that top 6 clubs allegedly want him after his time here (which I find bizarre) is great news for us, as we'll more than likely make a profit and get a hefty wage off the books.
    I don't think it's a good idea, never did, just don't see why it's an issue. The fact that people get this upset about things like this, when he and the club have agreed it's probably best he move on, is why they are numpties - and yes, you certainly don't sound bitter

  25. Default

    Basically, they arenít that interested...

    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nsfer-16565647

  26. #476

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Marbella drunk again
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Basically, they aren’t that interested...

    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nsfer-16565647



    And where will that leave Lemina if we get no offers ......we should put him in with the kids and sop paying him the ****

  27. #477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliemiller View Post
    And where will that leave Lemina if we get no offers ......we should put him in with the kids and stop paying him the ****
    On what grounds could they legally stop paying him? Being daft on social media doesn't hold up well if challenged.

  28. #478

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Marbella drunk again
    Posts
    657

    Default

    I know we cant MLG ....but would love to , its the comment i wanted to leave as soon as i arrived that grinds at me .......he has not tried and stolen an income from the day he arrived , the least he could have done is made an effort for two years

  29. #479

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliemiller View Post
    I know we cant MLG ....but would love to , its the comment i wanted to leave as soon as i arrived that grinds at me .......he has not tried and stolen an income from the day he arrived , the least he could have done is made an effort for two years
    Spot on. Done FA since he got here and now thinks he can move on to better things. I'd love Arsenal or Manchester to buy him, but surely they're not that stupid.

  30. #480

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Double Deuce
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    If United ans Arsenal are interested, I'd say he's correct to have that attitude, wouldn't you?
    Amazing what agents can get put in the paper.

  31. #481

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    313
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    People believed the United being interested nonsense did they? They won't be able to get rid of Pogba let alone want a poorer version.

  32. #482

    Default

    All agent talk for his move abroad.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliemiller View Post
    And where will that leave Lemina if we get no offers ......we should put him in with the kids and sop paying him the ****
    If no-one wants him I will expect him to get back into the team.

  34. #484

    Default

    If he CAN be good, and I think we pretty much all agree that he can, then we should be looking to get the best out of him. Can it be that difficult for a decent manager to get his mind on track?

  35. #485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    If he CAN be good, and I think we pretty much all agree that he can, then we should be looking to get the best out of him. Can it be that difficult for a decent manager to get his mind on track?
    I think if Ralph has decided to give Cedric and Horst a go by taking them to Austria and not Austin, Classie and Lemina the writing is on the wall for them

  36. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darren2 View Post
    I think if Ralph has decided to give Cedric and Horst a go by taking them to Austria and not Austin, Classie and Lemina the writing is on the wall for them
    This is true. Unless nobody comes in for them & then we are stuck with them.

    Some European transfer windows (Spain, for example) shut later than ours so that’s when clubs will have us by the balls.

  37. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    If he CAN be good, and I think we pretty much all agree that he can, then we should be looking to get the best out of him. Can it be that difficult for a decent manager to get his mind on track?
    I think he can do it, but Lemina just has to get over this period.

    I think the club have basically played this well, I mean the agreement from the start ok not great, but it happened.

    So they honour it, and just let him get on with it.

    If we sell him a for a decent fee then extra funds and wages for a player who was not involved much last year, if not then we have a player that pretty much knows he has to earn a move, should be motivated and who we know has quality, and has no beef with the club because they agreed to sell him just no one came in.

  38. #488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    If he CAN be good, and I think we pretty much all agree that he can, then we should be looking to get the best out of him. Can it be that difficult for a decent manager to get his mind on track?
    No manager has before at any other club he's ever played at and he's played for some very good managers, like Allegri.

    Lemina is, and probably always will be, a bit of a Carlos Kaiser.

  39. #489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    I think he can do it, but Lemina just has to get over this period.

    I think the club have basically played this well, I mean the agreement from the start ok not great, but it happened.

    So they honour it, and just let him get on with it.

    If we sell him a for a decent fee then extra funds and wages for a player who was not involved much last year, if not then we have a player that pretty much knows he has to earn a move, should be motivated and who we know has quality, and has no beef with the club because they agreed to sell him just no one came in.
    Unless he has a hissy fit if Saints turn down a derisory offer from a big club.

  40. Default

    I was looking through the redcafe forum and this post summed this situation up quite well...

    The way its being reported is like he's just turned up at work one day and gone, "okay I'm ready to move to a bigger club now please"... despite not being that amazing for Southampton

    And everyone seems happy to oblige

  41. #491

    Default

    Being at a big club will get his mind right.

  42. #492

    Default

    LMAO at people who are having a go at players who want to further their ambition.
    Well wake up at least these players won't clog up the wage bill as at least their have an ambition to play football as opposed to Frazer friking Forster and if rumors are true Charlie Austin who is happy to sit out his final year without getting much of a look in. Those players are the real parasites.

    But classic saints fans prefer directing their anger towards Lemina, Slattery, Boufal for having a bad attitude.
    Just accept that players move on, it is a cycle and how football works nowadays. The sooner you accept this the better.

  43. #493

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Double Deuce
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    LMAO at people who are having a go at players who want to further their ambition.
    Well wake up at least these players won't clog up the wage bill as at least their have an ambition to play football as opposed to Frazer friking Forster and if rumors are true Charlie Austin who is happy to sit out his final year without getting much of a look in. Those players are the real parasites.

    But classic saints fans prefer directing their anger towards Lemina, Slattery, Boufal for having a bad attitude.
    Just accept that players move on, it is a cycle and how football works nowadays. The sooner you accept this the better.
    Weirdo

  44. #494

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    LMAO at people who are having a go at players who want to further their ambition.
    Well wake up at least these players won't clog up the wage bill as at least their have an ambition to play football as opposed to Frazer friking Forster and if rumors are true Charlie Austin who is happy to sit out his final year without getting much of a look in. Those players are the real parasites.

    But classic saints fans prefer directing their anger towards Lemina, Slattery, Boufal for having a bad attitude.
    Just accept that players move on, it is a cycle and how football works nowadays. The sooner you accept this the better.
    Who are you venting at specifically? I don't see too many people getting on at the player, some would like him to stay, others not that bothered if he leaves. Given what he's shown so far, and how much he contributed last season, you can clearly see why opinion is split.
    As for the parasites, as you put it, I think you need to step away from your 'make his life hell' plan for a bit, calm down, and visit the real world.

    Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

  45. #495

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    7,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Being at a big club will get his mind right.
    Cobblers he was at Juventus THAT is a big club, look at his stats there he did diddly squat for them - he was contracted till 2020 - we rock up 2 seasons ago, slap £15.4m on the table, Juventus probably polished the company Limo to drive him to the airport, and upgraded him to first class for the flight to England, once the plane took off the Juve board opened a couple of special occasions Chianti and passed round a box of fat Havana Cigars. Similar to what Marseilles board did when they unloaded him to Juve having done diddly squat for them too.

  46. #496

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    LMAO at people who are having a go at players who want to further their ambition.
    Well wake up at least these players won't clog up the wage bill as at least their have an ambition to play football as opposed to Frazer friking Forster and if rumors are true Charlie Austin who is happy to sit out his final year without getting much of a look in. Those players are the real parasites.
    Do you not understand that Forster and Austin are under contract? Why do you call them parasites when all they are doing is taking the wage that we agreed to pay them?! You seem to be under the impression that if a player isn't getting a game for us that we should be entitled to kick him out and/or that he has an obligation to move on. Bizarre.

  47. #497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Being at a big club will get his mind right.
    It didn't when he was at Juventus and I doubt very much that it would if Man United were gullible enough to take him.

  48. #498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Do you not understand that Forster and Austin are under contract? Why do you call them parasites when all they are doing is taking the wage that we agreed to pay them?! You seem to be under the impression that if a player isn't getting a game for us that we should be entitled to kick him out and/or that he has an obligation to move on. Bizarre.
    I do understand and we have told them they have no future here, so as I said previously if they have any ambition to play football they will leave, if they stay then they are parasites because they just clog up the wage bill. Do you understand this?

    Sam Gallagher has left because he wants to play football. Good for him.
    Mario Lemina wants to leave because he wants to play football and further his ambitions. Good for him.

    Charlie Austin is 30 and is supposed to have a few years left. What does he want? See out his contract and not be totally out of the first team picture after being a bit player.
    Great ambition Charlie! Clearly just here for the pay check. Doesn t have my respect.

    Frazer Forster is supposed to be in his prime as a goalkeeper and yet doesn't want to move after being told he has no future. Same happened last season and he didn't move. He wasn't even involved on matchdays ffs.
    That to me is a sign that you don't even want to play football anymore. Doesn't have my respect either.

    Is that so difficult to comprehend???

  49. #499

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Well North of the Wrekin
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Sometimes people serve out their contracts because they recognise they made a legally binding agreement. Others just see the contract as a means of achieving the maximum for their 'gainful employment' and do as little as possible in return. Forster, Austin et al are all willing to give their services but circumstances change and they aren't in a position to demand unless they choose to leave of their own volition. As fans we often criticise without seeing the other side of the situation. Greed continues to be the norm in today's football with obscene payments given to mediocre players yet many fans envy the players lifestyle. You can't have it both ways.

  50. #500

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    I do understand and we have told them they have no future here, so as I said previously if they have any ambition to play football they will leave, if they stay then they are parasites because they just clog up the wage bill. Do you understand this?

    Sam Gallagher has left because he wants to play football. Good for him.
    Mario Lemina wants to leave because he wants to play football and further his ambitions. Good for him.

    Charlie Austin is 30 and is supposed to have a few years left. What does he want? See out his contract and not be totally out of the first team picture after being a bit player.
    Great ambition Charlie! Clearly just here for the pay check. Doesn t have my respect.

    Frazer Forster is supposed to be in his prime as a goalkeeper and yet doesn't want to move after being told he has no future. Same happened last season and he didn't move. He wasn't even involved on matchdays ffs.
    That to me is a sign that you don't even want to play football anymore. Doesn't have my respect either.

    Is that so difficult to comprehend???
    I'll answer your last question first. All of your 'points' are difficult to comprehend.

    Why does forster have to want to play beyond this £4m a year 5 year contract matter to you or the club? It's irrelevant - he is contracted to the club and could, if he chooses, choose to then retire a wealthy man. Ditto Austin beyond his lucrative contract. The club have given them that opportunity, and their ages put them in a very different position to Lemina and Gallagher who clearly have to think about their future careers.

    Austin and Forster are fulfilling their contractual obligations - they stay in good enough shape, train and are available if/when called on to play. They aren't 'parasites' as you label them, rather players who aren't good enough to play for us but are too well paid to get a move that is worth them moving on. Contrary to your apparent belief, their contracts mean that they choose if they move, not the club.

    The fact that they have those contracts is the clubs fault, not the players. Your anger is aimed in the wrong direction - the fact that we're stuck with overpaid players is not down to 'parasite' players.

    Is that so difficult to comprehend???

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •