Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

Attitude stunk the place out – get rid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you talking about, the lad has endured a nigh on season long stomach injury that has limited his ability to play. You know nothing about his attitude during training so why make such a tasteless remark.

At the end of the day another one where winning “the race” to his signature was probably pretty easy.

harsh as it may sound but Gabbi was easy to get too, as he scored in flashes, if he was prolific we wouldn’t have been in the running for him.

A Mane or Pelle will be along soon enough, never know Boufal might respond to Ralph.

Has it all in his locker - but he clearly isn’t interested. Can’t see the top clubs touching him due to that, although if cheap enough they may use him as bench filler. Like to see the stats but I can’t believe results wise we are any worse on his frequent visits to the physio. He clearly wants out so we might as well get rid if we can recoup original budget.

Isn't lemina more talented overall than boufal though? Boufal seemed all tricks & nothing else & went down like a feather at the slightest contact! he's done even less than lemina has done for the club

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

He's probably the one we could potentially get value from. But if we're honest he is just another indictment of our horrific transfer policy over the last few years.

He'll never fulfil his potential at the top because he lacks some key elements as a professional and in his football brain. Not denying his talent, but you need more than that.

He's probably the one we could potentially get value from. But if we're honest he is just another indictment of our horrific transfer policy over the last few years.

He'll never fulfil his potential at the top because he lacks some key elements as a professional and in his football brain. Not denying his talent, but you need more than that.

and this post sums up Lemina in a nut shell for me and the reason why i would sell.

and this post sums up Lemina in a nut shell for me and the reason why i would sell.

I disagree, I think he is a good option for RH to get playing his way.

RH didn't have that opportunity last season due to injury and our perilous position

RH didn't have that opportunity last season due to injury and our perilous position

All you have to do now is get RH to agree with you.

Has ability, but the fa cup semi final performance still haunts me, on that basis if we get a decent offer lets twist and try a change.

Never come away from a game so confused as to how a player with such talent has such a bad attitude and application on such a big stage!

I can't believe so many want rid of Lemina. If he does go and isn't replaced, will Hoj, Romeu and JWP be sufficient, given that Slattery doesn't look good enough and Reed looks likely to be moved on.

Nothing to see with the stuff about attitude etc, I don't think any of that is true. It comes down to money. He's a good player in a position where we are strong. That means we can fetch a decent fee without weakening ourselves, and then can re-invest where we are light (CB).

RH clearly doesn’t agree with you, do you think he would let him go if he felt he was capable of turning him around? Think I’d rather trust his judgement than yours.

On Instagram (on which he is a complete self-obsessed bell end) he has posted a story wishing Virgil can Dijk "Happy birthday and all the best for every decision you make". I suspect he won't be leaving on good terms with fans.

I would post a screenshot if I knew how.

I can't believe so many want rid of Lemina. If he does go and isn't replaced, will Hoj, Romeu and JWP be sufficient, given that Slattery doesn't look good enough and Reed looks likely to be moved on.

A fit, interested, committed Lemina and not many want him gone but he wants away a new start and finished here.

Do you honestly believe he won’t be replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Instagram (on which he is a complete self-obsessed bell end) he has posted a story wishing Virgil can Dijk "Happy birthday and all the best for every decision you make". I suspect he won't be leaving on good terms with fans.

I would post a screenshot if I knew how.

And

Sorry, I forgot, they probably became pen pals when Mario was at Juventus. Explains why he sends pictures of himself to his mate on his birthday.

Nothing to do with being left out of the pre-season squad and VvD famously deciding to leave Lemina's current employer on bad terms a couple of years ago.

Who says he won’t be replaced? I’d rather a consistent, fit, pretty good defensive midfielder that wants to be here than an excellent enigma that performs once in a blue moon, is injured a lot and doesn’t want to be here.

Let him go if the price is right. It seems crazy that we could make a profit on a player that’s not exactly excelled in his time here, but, similar to Mings transfer, that’s the current market for you. With Lemina leaving and Austin, Gallagher, Boufal, Clasie and the keepers incoming transfer fees, we’d have quite the transfer kitty and a huge saving on wages. Not to mention what we’d do with Hoedt, Carillo, Cedric, Reed etc. It will be an exciting end to the transfer window.

RH clearly doesn’t agree with you, do you think he would let him go if he felt he was capable of turning him around? Think I’d rather trust his judgement than yours.

Its my opinion and peoples differ but yes I trust RH judgement over mine

Echo article indicates we’re looking to recoup the £15m we paid.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17756519.southampton-duo-charlie-austin-mario-lemina-waiting-concrete-interest/

Find it hard to believe if Utd were actually interested they wouldn’t just pay that.

Clearly keen to get rid then.

I'd have hoped we'd have looked for £20-25m given the current market although he hasn't shown a great deal to justify it. I suspect this might be similar to the Fonte situation, linked with big clubs but eventually accepting a move to West Ham or Palace.

Thought that he had a very good first half - couple of great dribbles and set up a good chance for Marega. Looks to have good close control, very quick and a good change of pace - burst past his full back from a standing start on a couple of occasions. As has been mentioned he drew lots of fouls. Faded a tad in the second half but still looked dangerous in patches - should have shown a bit of composure when through on goal but it was a tight angle and he seemed caught in two minds. All in all thought he looked very promising.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice