Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/703637851?-11209:804

Nothing like a bit of criticism to boost moral,

What's Barker done now? Here is one comment from a fan

Dear Board....

Yet again I waste precious pension money following my beloved team.

Up until last night I would have sold my soul for PFC.

Please pass on a message to Mr Barker from me. and it breaks my heart to say it.

After 40+ years of Fratton Park being my 2nd home...I will not set foot in there again with RB as manager.

And if he had spoken to Mrs J..or another member of my family.. like he did to a fan last night...I would probably be locked up now.

Ashamed.

As if this game evenhad a point in it for us,

The FA wants the club dead and it wont be happy until it is,

Appletom

Whitts

and now Barker

How can anyone manage a team with the obsticles in front of it impossed by the FA?

RB is poor but given the constraints it's no wonder where the club is,

The FA is where I'm going to direct my anger as they seem to think a rape victim deserves a stoning.

My favorite comment

What's Barker done now?

Apparently, a fan who questioned Barker's tactics was told to 'f*ck off', before being comforted by the kind words 'so what, you've been relegated before'..

Catlin's mate certainly knows how to boost morale in the camp..

what happened to the forensic examination of Pompeys accounts? it seems to have been brushed under the carpet.

If barker said 'you've been relegated before' then he is expecting the same again. Skin of their teeth time,as somebody put earlier it does come to something when they have to celebrate northampton letting in a late goal.

http://aimacaulayreports.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/relagation-realisation-for-rotten-pompey.html

Heading in to Richie Barker's 20th match at League 2's biggest club

Away sides now come to Fratton Park knowing that this is their big day out

A man with no experience of managing a big club

Why are they so obsessed with being a big club? They're 90th in the league, and within a whisker of being out of the relegation spots on goals scored last night. Doesn't strike me as being particularly big. I know that all clubs do it to an extent, we did it when we first dropped into L1 but you soon learn - you're there because that's where you deserve to be. I suppose like managing their finances, they've learnt nothing.

http://aimacaulayreports.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/relagation-realisation-for-rotten-pompey.html

Heading in to Richie Barker's 20th match at League 2's biggest club

Away sides now come to Fratton Park knowing that this is their big day out

A man with no experience of managing a big club

Why are they so obsessed with being a big club? They're 90th in the league, and within a whisker of being out of the relegation spots on goals scored last night. Doesn't strike me as being particularly big. I know that all clubs do it to an extent, we did it when we first dropped into L1 but you soon learn - you're there because that's where you deserve to be. I suppose like managing their finances, they've learnt nothing.

Oops, copied and pasted the quotes and forgot they were in white ink!

You know it's over for Barker when the portsmyth factory starts churning out stories designed to damage him.

Did he really shrug off a fan's criticism with, 'you've been relegated before' or start rucking with people in the family section in front of kids?

I can spot a PR campaign when I see one.

But now these facts are out there amongst the simple people, he's had it.

As for his coaching and people skills...

Every time we think we’ve solved a problem and moved on to a different problem, the other problem crops back up again because of the mental capacity to take the information on board

Meaning, the players are thick.

While he is a dead man walking, nutjobs everywhere need to calm down.

If Northampton cannot defend a lead against ten men they have the stench of relegation all over them, and there are about another three teams in that same smelly boat.

pompey just need to scrape about two results and the greatest of all great escapes will be complete and written into the history books as a plucky win against all odds.

How difficult can it be to score two goals down the bottom of that division?

They will beat someone, the quality down there is appalling.

And that's why I still believe that they will retain their league status.

As if that is a victory!

In the meantime, enjoy the ride.

I see they comfort themselves with the delusion that it's not the owner's fault (themselves in their minds), because any owner would have been forced to operate under the same financial and trading restrictions.

I wonder, would that include an owner that used the parachute payments as they were intended and paid off to legacy debts to former players, instead of as working capital in the first year, while still making a substantial trading loss?

And I also wonder how Mr. McInness and the other PHNW's are feeling this morning. What can they say or do? We've seen their debt repayment schedule to the former players next season, without any parachute payments left. Is it really worth it to chuck more money into the bottomless pit in a gamble to try and stay up in the next couple of months, only to create an opportunity to chuck even larger sums of their own cash in again next season due to hugely reduced ticket sales and no pp's to fund operating costs that will be more than double any other team in the division?

Or is it time to chuck in the towel and blame "poor Ritchie"?

The Snooze has gone into meltdown - PFC is a gift that just keeps on giving , RB if he gets sacked which i don't think they will do, can we send him a little gift , maybe a pair of Saints tracksuit bottoms for the entertainment he is providing ?

They keep on showing a picture of some blonde player....wasn't he in the youth side demolished by us?

Jack Whatmough.

Absolutely schooled by Sam Hesketh, 2:50 in.

The kingpin of a defence that conceded seven, with the centre forward he was supposed to be policing (Sam Gallagher) scoring three.

The phew have been asking for their youth team players to be given a chance. He is living proof of how good their youth set-up is.

You have to love the way they think Neil Warnock will come to their aid after turning down the Forest job.

Hang on. Have we all missed something else here?

Are Catlin and Barker actually plants, put in place to ensure the ultimate demise of Pompey, via some genius Football League plan? The FL didn't feel they could apply another 10 point penalty, so they colluded with other teams to put in place a 'dream team' to do the job for them?

Don't rule it out.