Championship Summer 2011 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

There are some good young players from the premier league who are out contract this summer - strikers Borini from Chelsea and Guidetti from Man City - not too mention Vaughan from Everton.

We should also be looking at getting players on loan like Mellis from Chelse, Eastmond and Frimpong from Arsenal - maybe even Vokes from Wolves if they stay up. Possibly Surman from Norwich.

first and foremost we pick at the carcasses of the teams that get relegated from the Prem (Fire sales), Champ (Players not wanting to play in g L1) and teams that failed to make it up from the L1 Playoffs (PLayers demanding a chance at a higher level).

There will be some cracking players available from teams like: West Ham, Sheff Utd, Preston, Huddersfield, Peterborough, Scunny, Wigan, Blackpool & Wolves.

There will be other teams lacking on funds who have to cash in on hot prospects, make sure we're first in the queue!

The lisy shows there is more than enough choice to bolster and add to the Saints squad. The Saints are pretty much a very good side we just need a few to cover and make availible when injuries ans booking pile up rather than leaving us short then getting in loans etc at last minute.

I do agree that permanent signings are best but a couple of cheeky loans (similar to Antonio or Papa) can only strengthen the squad. Unfortunately I am not able to comment on the youth players we have at the moment as I have not been able to see any play recently. If we have quality, pacey players in the ranks then give them a chance (as I am sure Adkins will) but if not Wenger may have one or two quality young'uns we could borrow.

From that list of free's, I'd have:

-Wade Elliott

-Kevin McDonald

-Jay Bothroyd (wouldn't happen)

-Adam Matthews

-Aron Gunnarsson

-Kieren W******d

-Neil Danns

-Bradley Johnson

-Kisnorbo/Naylor

-Darius Vassell

-Robert Earnshaw

-Guy Moussi

-Peter Ramage (back-up?)

-Darren Pratley

Possibles:

-Ferrie Bodde

-Heidar Helguson

-Craig Fagan

-Adam Matthews

-John Akinde

-Steven Thompson

Championship players 'free agents' this summer:

Lee Johnson

Wade Elliott - Saints fan, good winger, experienced at Championship and also played in the Prem. Would love to see him here.

Chris McCann - Just come back from a cruciate injury. Commanding centre-midfielder, works hard for the team and marshals. Like Hammond, but better.

Kevin McDonald - Another Burnley centre-mid. Younger and more creative than McCann, he's still a big unit though and does his shift defensively.

Adam Matthews - Highly-rated Cardiff right-back. I think he may have already agreed a move to Celtic, but if he hasn't then he would be a fantastic signing.

Aron Gunnarsson

Damien Delaney

Tom Eastman

Aleksandar Tunchev

Guy Moussi - Another big midfield unit. Solid as a rock, chips in with the odd goal too.

Billy Jones

Hal Robson-Kanu

Josh Wright - Nigel had him at Scunny, young highly rated centre-mid. Would be a good signing, one for the future and a good squad player at the moment for a top-half side.

Ferrie Bodde

Darren Pratley - There will be Prem interest in him, but if we could manage to get him it would be great. Been a key player for Swansea this season, he's the glue that holds their team together.

Angel Rangel

Don Cowie

Any of those will do thanks! All would be good signings on a free. My choice picks in bold.

Edited by SuperMikey

Danny Graham from Watford. Top scorer in championship this year and in team of the year. Watford not doing too well in the league and probably need to sell players. Would be a good addition. But i'd imagine loads of teams would be interested in him right now.

First off...great list Glasgow and just goes to show that we do not need to spend much money to get in the quality we need

From the List i would take the following

Wade Elliot - could see this happening

Jay Bothroyd - Likely to go to prem team

Aron Gunnarsson

Neil Danns

Billy Jones

Danny ****tu - fitness permitting

Darren Pratley - likely to go to prem but definitely worth trying

Then throw in

CMS - £1.5 mill approx

Nathanial Clyne - £1.5 mill

Strange how the same old names keep cropping up season after season,window after window.

Do we actually ever sign any of them........not really.

I'd wager that we don't sign any of Stock,Danns,Howard,Beattie,Elliot or for that manner any other ex-Saint or player with Southampton connections.

they might all very well want to come back and play for us...who wouldn't, but whether we want any of them is something else.

We'll sign players that few of us have even thought about.

Prem 'Free agents' this summer:

ARSENAL

Manuel Almunia

ASTON VILLA

Brad Friedel

Andy Marshall

Eric Lichaj

Luke Young

Isaiah Osbourne

Robert Pires

Nigel Reo-Coker

Moustapha Salifou

John Carew

BIRMINGHAM

Colin Doyle

Maik Taylor

Stephen Carr

Martin Jiranek

David Murphy

Stuart Parnaby

Lee Bowyer

Sebastian Larsson

James McFadden

Jordon Mutch

Kevin Phillips

BLACKBURN

Pascal Chimbonda

Michel Salgado

Benjani Mwaruwari

Jason Roberts

BLACKPOOL

Matthew Gilks

Mark Halstead

Richard Kingson

Paul Rachubka

Stephen Crainey

Neal Eardley

Rob Edwards

Ian Evatt

Dekel Keinan

David Carney

Jason Euel

Malaury Martin

Keith Southern

David Vaughan

Billy Clarke

Brett Ormerod

Gary Taylor-Fletcher

BOLTON

Adam Bogdan

Jlloyd Samuel

Gretar Steinsson

Tamir Cohen

Ricardo Gardner

Joey O’Brien

Mustapha Riga

Robbie Blake

Johan Elmander

CHELSEA

Henrique Hilario

Jose Bosingwa

EVERTON

Iain Turner

Seamus Coleman

Victor Anichebe

FULHAM

Neil Etheridge

Matthew Briggs

John Pantsil

Zoltan Gera

Danny Murphy

Eddie Johnson

Diomansy Kamara

LIVERPOOL

Sotirios Kyrgiakos

MANCHESTER CITY

Shaleum Logan

Patrick Vieira

MANCHESTER UNITED

Edwin van der Sar

Gary Neville

Ryan Giggs

Owen Hargreaves

Paul Scholes

Michael Owen

NEWCASTLE

Sol Campbell

Kazenga LuaLua

STOKE

Carlo Nash

Thomas Sorensen

Abdoulaye Faye

Rory Delap

Ricardo Fuller

Eidur Gudjohnsen

SUNDERLAND

John Mensah

David Meyler

Boudewijn Zenden

TOTTENHAM

Carlo Cudicini

William Gallas

Jonathan Woodgate

WEST BROM

Dean Kiely

Marek Cech

Abdoulaye Meite

Jonas Olsson

Giles Barnes

Simon Cox

WEST HAM

Robert Green

Daniel Gabbidon

Lars Jacobsen

Jonathan Spector

Matthew Upson

Kieron Dyer

Zavon Hines

Victor Obinna

WIGAN

Mike Pollitt

Stephen Caldwell

Piscu

Daniel De Ridder

WOLVES

Marcus Hahnemann

Jody Craddock

David Jones

Michael Kightley

whilst those players may be available on a free, some of them would want massive wages. Bothroyd (for example) turned out for England this season! If we are looking at these players, I'm sure there are plenty of NPC and prem clubs sniffing around them as well. Are Lambert or Lallana going to be happy with playing alongside someone on 25-35k we brought in on a Bosman (assuming they are on substantially less, even with a promotion clause in their contract)? Also, now that relegated clubs get 4 yrs of parachute payments from the premier league, I don't think there will be that many fire sales and those that do leave will probably go to other prem clubs.

I think we need a commanding CB (QPR have shown that a mean defence is what gets you success in this league) as Jaidi cannot play 50 odd games at his age next season. Kilgallon would be a good shout.

A new pacey right back would help as well. A lot will depend on whether AOC stays or not, if he carries on his progression, he could be a hell of an asset next season. I would be delighted with CMS.

As for Bullard, I know a number of Hull fans who absolutely hate him! Allegedly he was out on the p*ss eery night whilst up there and was only in it for the money. Class player though.

Championship players 'free agents' this summer:

Barnsley

Martin Devaney

Andy Gray

Matt Hill

Garry O'Connor

David Preece

Bristol City

Louis Carey

Lee Johnson

Ivan Sproule

Stephen Henderson

John Akinde

Pat Hoban

Jimmy Keohane

Joe Edwards

Danny Ball

Burnley

Wade Elliott

Chris McCann

Steven Thompson

Kevin McDonald

Remco van der Schaaf

Cardiff

Jay Bothroyd

Chris Burke

Adam Matthews

Gavin Rae

Coventry

Nathan Cameron

Lee Carsley

Jordan Clarke

Aron Gunnarsson

Danny Ireland

Marlon King

Michael McIndoe

Stephen O'Halloran

Isaac Osbourne

Kieren W******d

Connor Grogan

Shaun Jeffers

Michael Quirke

Crystal Palace

Neil Danns

Claude Davis

Steffen Iversen

Derby

Michael Boulding

Saul Deeney

Chris Porter

Doncaster

Steve Brooker

James Chambers

Paul Keegan

Dean Shiels

Dennis Souza

Neill Sullivan

Wayne Thomas

Ryan Burge

Byron Webster

Hull

Nick Barmby

Matt Duke

Craig Fagan

Richard García

Mark Oxley

Nolberto Solano

Kevin Kilbane

Anthony Gardner

Will Atkinson

Ipswich

Troy Brown

Damien Delaney

Tom Eastman

Carlos Edwards

Colin Healy

Conor Hourihane

Luke Hyam

Arran Lee-Barrett

Gareth McAuley

Brian Murphy

David Norris

Alan Quinn

Kevin Lisbie

Pablo Counago

Leeds

Shane Higgs

Bradley Johnson

Neil Kilkenny

Patrick Kisnorbo

Richard Naylor

Zac Thompson

Will Hatfield

Leicester

Ricardo

Aleksandar Tunchev

Darius Vassell

Middlesbrough

Julio Arca

Danny Coyne

Willo Flood

Andrew Taylor

Millwall

Shaun Batt

Danny Schofield

Marc Laird

Andy Frampton

John Sullivan

Norwich

Jens Berthel Askou

Matthew Gill

Josh Dawkin

Sam Habergham

Matthew Ball

Nottingham Forest

Dele Adebola

Julian Bennett

Robert Earnshaw

Guy Moussi

Zannetos Mytides

Nialle Rodney

Portsmouth

Michael Brown

Nadir Ciftci

Darryl Flahavan

Hermann Hreidarsson

Richard Hughes

David Nugent

Danny Webber

Peter Gregory

Tom Kilbey

Preston

Andreas Arestidou

Chris Brown

Darren Carter

Jamie Douglas

Billy Jones

Neal Trotman

QPR

Radek Cerny

Heidar Helguson

Peter Ramage

Martin Rowlands

Danny s**ttu

Georgios Tofas

Gavin Mahon

Reading

Brynjar Gunnarsson

Ivar Ingimarsson

Hal Robson-Kanu

S****horpe United

David Mirfin

Joe Murphy

Eddie Nolan

Sam Slocombe

Josh Wright

Paris Cowan-Hall

Ian Morris

Sheffield United

Ryan France

Rob Kozluk

Swansea

Ferrie Bodde

Thomas Butler

Dorus de Vries

Yves Ma-Kalambay

Darren Pratley

Angel Rangel

Albert Serran

Cederic Van der Gun

Gorka Pintado

Watford

Dale Bennett

Don Cowie

Matt Whichelow

Nathan Ellington

Rob Kiernan

Mat Sadler

wouldn't mind any of the players in bold on a free.

would love to see evertons yakubu here still only 28 would cost around 2million.

With his best bud Eddie Howe as his curent boss ?

No chance unfortunately.

One of his real best mates is Louis Langdown who is currently on the coaching staff. If Wade does want to play for Saints (he is a fan) I am sure his old mate from Barton Peveril could pass it on.

(btw first time I have ever been in the know)

One of his real best mates is Louis Langdown who is currently on the coaching staff. If Wade does want to play for Saints (he is a fan) I am sure his old mate from Barton Peveril could pass it on.

(btw first time I have ever been in the know)

what do you know?

Any of those will do thanks! All would be good signings on a free. My choice picks in bold.

Is Kevin McDonald the guy who got taken off in the first-half of a televised game last season and watched the second-half in the pub? That sounds a bit Puncheon-like to me.

Diomansy Kamara from Fulham - not getting games for them and has recently been on loan to Leicester. Should be setting our sights on these kinds of players.

Agreed. Very good player at NPC level. Lost his way a little having suffered some injuries. I wonder if the idiots would jump on his back as quickly as they have the other skates?

Bullard's knee will break down again and we've had enough injury-prone players on big wages in the last few years. Marcus Evans can foot his wages, we can do better for the Liebherr's than that. I think Stephens will be signed and how long does Morgan have left on his deal? Would have thought he'd sign an extension (which is likely as seems to be the happiest he's been at the club judging by his joy at full-time on Monday). So CM including Dean and Chaplow looks tidy.

Clyne from Palace is a great shout but then Butterfield will probably get an extension and Richardson has 2 years left I think. Don't think Kamara will join us as he turned us down in 2005 and that was with Harry in charge. Danns possibly but was more of a Pardew target. Bothroyd and Pratley are PL bound even if their current clubs aren't, ditto Moussi at Forest.

keiran w******d would be the perfect long term replacement for davis, but I think davis still has a good 1-2 seasons left and cant see either of them wanted to sit on the bench.

other than that, Jummy Kebe.

Thank the Lord that Adkins and Cortese won't be influenced by some of the total garbage posted on here.

Absolutely right. What a pretty appalling selection of players. Like they came from some out of date FM or fans who'd had a severe bang on the head and had gone back 5 years.

We will sign someone who plays in Italy who you have never heard of, I'm sure!

Well, let me know any rumours and I'll scour the Italian press.. I wonder if Waigo regrets going back; he's been playing in front of paltry crowds in Serie B. If we did want an Italian player I'm sure we've got the financial muscle: the backing and double the crowds too.

Absolutely right. What a pretty appalling selection of players. Like they came from some out of date FM or fans who'd had a severe bang on the head and had gone back 5 years.

Precisely...Bullard? Benjani? Beattie?...what sort of club do people want?? one made up of old has beens or one looking forward and with a bright future?

This thread should be renamed the Goldilocks thread...

- Most people in this thread have set their sights far too low and show none of the ambition for the club Nicola Cortese clearly does.

- A few people have set them far too high and are in cloud cuckoo land.

- A tiny number have set them just right.

goldilocks.jpg

Worst thing about this thread is 70% is people obsessed with players they've signed or seen on football manager in the past, when they've not actually seen them play or even have any idea about them!

One whisper from another end is Saints are sniffing around Crewe's Clayton Donaldson who is out of contract.