P'Boro 1 V 3 Saints Post Match Chat!!

SOTONS EAST SIDE

sky sports news really suck, keep showing reading but no saints, not even a mention yet. reading manager just said theyve been the best team in championship since about the 7th game in, is he having a laugh. he's 3 hairs short of a bald patch.i hope we get 6points and they drop 3 from the 2 remaining games.

Great atmosphere with fantastic singing from all of the Saints fans. Hardly heard the Posh fans at all. What a fantastic result. As was said above Guly got a great reception both at the end of the warm up and when he came on - a couple of decent touches too! I thought Cork was terrific tonight. COYR - and roll on Middlesborough.

Great atmosphere with fantastic singing from all of the Saints fans. Hardly heard the Posh fans at all. What a fantastic result. As was said above Guly got a great reception both at the end of the warm up and when he came on - a couple of decent touches too! I thought Cork was terrific tonight. COYR - and roll on Middlesborough.

He did, although i must admit I wasn't quite as enthusiastic..

Very happy! Exactly how i expwcted As I predicted earlier on the build up thread :)

I think tonight is tougher than Saturday in all honesty. Confident of 3 points. 3-1 win. Hooiveld will score - its a Tuesday night :) Good luck to all fans going up. 3,389 exactly as of 2 mins ago! Enjoy the trip and bring back home the 3 points!!

sky sports news really suck, keep showing reading but no saints, not even a mention yet. reading manager just said theyve been the best team in championship since about the 7th game in, is he having a laugh. he's 3 hairs short of a bald patch.i hope we get 6points and they drop 3 from the 2 remaining games.

Not that we need any more motivation to finish strongly, but I'll bet Nigel makes sure that comment doesn't pass unnoticed in the Saints dressing room.

That Ian Abrahams (@Moose_TalkSport) from TalkSport on Twitter earlier:

Posh 0-2 Saints nice of Posh to surrender fine Boro will help us on Sat

It annoys me @Chrisdavies1966 when teams roll over and have their tummies tickled

He has seemed very bitter towards Saints this season. Seem to remember that he claimed Referee's were helping us out when we got two penalties against Millwall...

Great result anyway, Jos loves Tuesday nights!

Adkins says we want title so we will be going for win at m'boro. They need to win to stand any chance of play offs so should be open game which should suit us more. Seal promotion on saturday hopefully then pressure free game against coventry which could see us claim title should reading take 3 or less pts

If Cardiff and Blackpool win (both at home) earlier in the day (against Leeds and Burnley), then Boro will have nothing to play for when we play them later. :D

Great feeling tonight after being so nervous before hand. Also great seeing West Hoof slip up again. We are almost there, I just hope we wrap it up at Boro on Sat.

It would be nice if Reading slipped up allowing us to go on & win the title, I so wanted to see us win a league title! But the main thing is promotion & its totaly in our hands now. The title would just be icing on the cake.

Also nice to see Billy Sharp on the score sheet again!

Sorry, I meant if everythings all square after cov inc GD, our goals scored is 3 better than them. We've scored 80 they've scored 77.

Not quite. If they overcome our g.d. they will have to have scored at least 4 goals. :)

e.g. we draw 0-0 and lose 0-1, and they win 2-0 and 2-0, then g.d. will end up being the same, but they would have 81 goals vs. our 80.

Not that that is going to happen, of course. ;)

It annoys me @Chrisdavies1966 when teams roll over and have their tummies tickled

He has seemed very bitter towards Saints this season. Seem to remember that he claimed Referee's were helping us out when we got two penalties against Millwall...

And just what did he think Brighton did on saturday then in a far bigger way than Posh even though they had more to play for?

If Cardiff and Blackpool win (both at home) earlier in the day (against Leeds and Burnley), then Boro will have nothing to play for when we play them later. :D

That could be a good thing or a bad thing. Nothing to play for - they can relax and let fly.

Our ability to move on from disappointing games is astonishing. We do not dwell at all. Did what we needed to do tonight and and some help elsewhere to leave us in an incredible position.

We're not out of the title race, and whilst we are not at full throttle we're getting the job done. We've won 6 of the last 7 away games - to think we were worried about our away form and wondering whether it may cost us. Well Adkins certainly sorted that out.

We must make the most of this opportunity now.

And I believe we will.

That could be a good thing or a bad thing. Nothing to play for - they can relax and let fly.

Against a decent team that shouldn't be an issue. In the Burley days we were getting caugh with our pants down left right and centre, but this team is made from sterner stuff. The Palace and Posh games this season would indicate we can get the job done against teams with bugger all to play for.

Whatever happens, Boro will need to go all out for the win. A draw would be no use to them at all, so hopefully it wont be one of those 'pack the midfield sit back and hope for a point' sort of games from them. We also need Brum to win at Brighton as they're only 5 points ahead.

Against a decent team that shouldn't be an issue. In the Burley days we were getting caugh with our pants down left right and centre, but this team is made from sterner stuff. The Palace and Posh games this season would indicate we can get the job done against teams with bugger all to play for.

Whatever happens, Boro will need to go all out for the win. A draw would be no use to them at all, so hopefully it wont be one of those 'pack the midfield sit back and hope for a point' sort of games from them. We also need Brum to win at Brighton as they're only 5 points ahead.

I hope, and believe, that you are right. I was merely saying that having nothing to play for can be a bit of a two edged sword. I certainly don't think that Tony Mowbray is the sort of manager who would let them relax. I believe that we are the better team and we should win. I certainly hope so. I want to enjoy the Coventry game! :)

He's a joke presenter on a joke station. The fact they let him report on his own clubs games says it all.

Oh, and talking of roiling over and having your tummy tickled - Barnsley & Brighton anyone?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFXTRGtSyZ4

Check out Lallana's touch for the third.

Seriously outrageous stuff.

I was too busy trying not to Jizz myself to celebrate that goal. Class touch from a class player. Though P'Boro did keep him fairly quiet this evening as they did with Lambert.

Cork and Jos were immense this evening and I'm shattered so I'm of to bed.

It's not as if Brighton 'rolled over' for West Ham is it?

Massive result for Saints. Sharp is really really coming good. Almost there, but it could still quite easily go wrong. We need a point at Boro and if we lose it's going to be a very nervous last game of the season. COYR!

Yes, but I'm expecting Nigel's Leicester to at least get a point next Monday. It's very exciting isn't it? The memory of Roy Keane and Man U waving us into relegation oblivion is almost gone.

Excellent result. Nerves slightly better after that result

brilliant night noticed not to many of the resident wrist slitters posting their congrats
its no fun being a filthy skate troll on a saints website when we have won away and almost secured promotion though is it lol.

He is a West Ham fan. And one of the worst radio journalists ever. And fat.

He is paid to wind people up. He does his job very well.

Norwich and Swansea both fairing much better than QPR as well.

Hopefully people will take note in the summer, when they're are calling for hordes of big money signings, that it was the team that brought in expensive star names that has struggled in the PL and not the two who kept the spine of their teams and added a couple of sensible signings....

Hopefully people will take note in the summer, when they're are calling for hordes of big money signings, that it was the team that brought in expensive star names that has struggled in the PL and not the two who kept the spine of their teams and added a couple of sensible signings....

Since when has that ever stopped the mongs?

Meanwhile how good is it to wake up with a smile on the face again after the past couple 10 days or so of worry?

Meanwhile how good is it to wake up with a smile on the face again after the past couple 10 days or so of worry?

Try telling that to my nervous system. It still believes we can throw this away. Don't worry, I'm having words with it, and all my other internal organs for that matter.

Was just going to post similar. Woke up this morning. Remembered. Smiled. It wasn't all a dream.

Meanwhile.

Can I just send out a big YOU B@STARDS to whoever it was caused Saints Player to drop out for about 5 minutes last night, EXACTLY at the moment that Billy Sharp scored our 3rd.

I retuned straight over to the Posh 'taters to hear them talking about the goal...

Totally meant I couldn't leap up and down and dance round the room like a loon as I had to the first two.

(Hell, when the second one went in I had a mouth full of Suffolk Vintage Ale - how I managed NOT to spray it over the keyboard/monitor I'll never know)

Anyone else get funny looks at home/while driving while listening last night?

Could be but he could also be taking the p*ss out of Posh supporting Adrian Durham in a workplace banter type way? Just like we all would. He's not worth worrying about IMO.

Only one problem with Middlesborough

We will have to attack down both flanks to get round Tony Mowbreys nose

Quite right, tho a couple is a tad short of what we need.