Saints vs Manure Match Thread

JackFrost

We were 2-0 down at Chelsea and I thought we were out of it then...... who knows? I'm expecting us to lose but you never know. Football's a funny old game. If we're still 2-1 down with half an hour to go, bring on Shaw and Lallana and we might just nick an equaliser......... after saying that this probably has 4-1 written all over it :0)

Why is it acceptable for us to play do badly against united? So what if it's at Old Trafford. At least show a bit of fight. We look terrible. I'm probably the biggest pessimist there is and still thought we'd go down after the Chelsea game, but I fear the descent could come sooner.

Why is it acceptable for us to play do badly against united? So what if it's at Old Trafford. At least show a bit of fight. We look terrible. I'm probably the biggest pessimist there is and still thought we'd go down after the Chelsea game, but I fear the descent could come sooner.

No, we really don't!

For the last few weeks all of you dipsh*ts have been saying "If QPR can do it, why can't we?"

Well news flash - they spent most of the game getting arse raped and then took one of the 2 or 3 chances they managed to fluke. What the f*ck is wrong with you lot.

United look to be at 60% and they are still completely outplaying us

- more desire

- more hunger

- more passion

- more intent

- more respect

Oh noes - surely that cannot be. For the past three seasons we have bought the most under-fed, starving, gluttons of the football league - we have the most hungry team in the world. Are they hungry? You bet!

2-1 down at HT isn't too bad. 2nd half should be interesting but I'd keep an eye out on other results too. Reading losing would be a big plus...

got the bellend on my stream as well .spanking one off everytime ManUtd put more than 3 passes together. C#nt !

Their commentary is amazingly biased. We had a long period of possession and they said 'It's all Man Utd at the moment', and 'it's just a matter of time'. Idiots.

Which world class players?

We must have a stack of world class players otherwise why would you sack an improving manager with an improving team heading towards safety?

I think the main problem tonight is that the goals have both come from the right for them which is where most supporters knew they would

Our team wasn't world class in 2002/3 or 2003/4 and both matches we took it right up to them and deserved at least a point

In fact in those games the teams we put out would have cost less than tonight's

Is being at 2-1 now seen as unacceptale then?

Please, revise your expectations of this team and the players we have.

We're a good side, but Man Utd won't have to play amazingly to beat us. That's football.

I've seen better sides play a lot worse at OT, that's for sure. Let's see what the 2H brings.

The pro Adkins our out in for e tonight . We will do well in the second half we will do what we did to Chelonia and score 2 . Llama a and shaw to come on . We are saving them for the Wigan match

Yes we are ! I have never been afraid of speaking up for ex managers. NA was a smashing manager and should be our manager now !!!

We have been very poor defensively down the left, plus 4 corners and each one was a terrible delivery. But we are certainly playing further up the pitch and supporting Lambert. Against a weaker side we could be really dangerous in this sort of formation. Always going to be difficult at Old Trafford though.

So only 1 goal behind at half time and doing reasonably ok. I'd just like to see us test their defence somewhat more when we get that far up the pitch. So far the delivery in the final 3rd has been poor to say the least.

Let's see how we go 2nd half then.

I reckon Shaw's absence is due to the relegation 6 pointer at the weekend, especially as tonight is such a low percentage game. A loss tonight and a draw against Wigan is arguably better than a win tonight and losing against Wigan.

With him being so good already it's easy to forget he's only 17 and won't have the fitness to play every minute of every game yet.

I think you're dead right - especially as he's exhibited cramp issues fairly frequently.

But then we go back to the old problems - Fox is a slow, ball-watching space-marker, so Yoshida (and others) have to cover for him, thus creating problems in the middle - including Clyne having to push in, which leaves us far-post-vulnerable. And then we move Punch to the left to occupy United in another attempt to cover for Fox, which costs us a lot of effectiveness on our right side.

Well, half-time is Poccetino's first big test, but we do have instant-improvement options on the bench.