• Ramirez (Sub 46')
    • Cork
    • Puncheon (Sub 46')
    • Lambert
    • Rodriguez
    • Lallana (On 46')
    • Davis, S (On 46')
    • Shaw (On 78')

2nd half a lot of pressing that caused united to seem incapable of holding onto the ball and lumping it straight back at our players. have to say though, with all the possession we had in the second half we did not really create any clear cut chances nor convert any of the half chances we created, would love for a player like le fondre, saw both his strikes against Chelsea and they were superb and something we are missing up front ATM.

jos may have improved past few games but unfortunately is not filling the gap left by injured fonte, he was especially at fault for the second goal allowing Rooney to come in behind him to tap in. and as many have said he is slow to turn, am hoping forren is much better and gets to play this weekend.

have to admit I did not feel confident about the two subs made by MP at half time but credit to him it changed the game. great to see lallana back although lacking abit of sharpness, hoping to see him start against wigan. won't get carried away by the second half performance as it wasn't a particularly good round of games with our rivals all gaining a point on us, just have to focus on our games and look to get some results to maintain or extend our 3 point advantage on the bottom 3, do not want to see us falling back in there again!

Just got home.

First ha;f we were battered for 30 minutes. Gaston looked very light weight, Puncheon in a different time zone & Fox on another planet.

Love to know how many times we maintain possession from our own throw ins. The first goal came from ours. Never a free kick for their second goal & not sure if Rooney was offside.

Second half much much better. We pressed very high up the park & Utd could not cope. Davis is a decent player, but gave the ball away a couple of times in dodgy places. Rickie was very very good today. The odd wasteful pass, but a real handful. Clyne was excellent defensively, but a couple of times delivered very poor crosses. Morgan & Cork gave the ball away a few times, but worked tirelessly all night.

More important to get something on Saturday.............cant wait!!

Back in the hotel after the game.

First half we didn't press them enough, gave them space.

Complete opposite after the break, we were outstanding.

Should have got at least a point. The best i've seen Steven Davis play.

Apologies if already mentioned, but is it possible to get 2nd half stats anywhere? Possession must have been about 70% for us?!

As good as Boruc's saves were Morgs had to be MotM tonight, his tackling is just immense these days and makes so many lung-busting runs to get into position, it's just a joy to watch!

One point in six, the storm clouds are gathering, and the finger of doom is moving in Cortese's direction. I can't see us picking up 5 wins, so we'll need a manager to get us out of the Championship - NA anyone? Saints were very, very good 2nd half, but what was that formation in the first? I thought MP had studied lots of Saints videos? Even us mere mortals on here could have told him that formation wouldn't work. I think MP's tactical nous is limited and Martinez will take him to task on Saturday.

One point in six, the storm clouds are gathering, and the finger of doom is moving in Cortese's direction. I can't see us picking up 5 wins, so we'll need a manager to get us out of the Championship - NA anyone? Saints were very, very good 2nd half, but what was that formation in the first? I thought MP had studied lots of Saints videos? Even us mere mortals on here could have told him that formation wouldn't work. I think MP's tactical nous is limited and Martinez will take him to task on Saturday.

Wow what a lot of conclusions to draw from two gutsy good Saints performances against two top teams in form!

What on earth are you smoking.

What a second half performance!

I hope that coming off at halftime will give Gaston a bit of a kick up the A***se, and that we will get a reaction from him against Wigan.

Boruc..... that save from RVP, world class. Not sure if even Peter Shilton what have stopped that one! (showing my age)

1st half shambles

2nd half brilliant

Means nothing as we lost...... Need more in last 3rd and United GK had 1 save all game?

Actually it could mean a lot if it gives us confidence that we can play those tactics in other games. We just need to add goals to it.

With Fox and Hooiveld in defence we are always glint to conceded goals at this level - they are a mistake waiting to happen. I've never seen a full back leave so much space as Fox - it makes it easy for the opposition to get in behind us and puts so much pressure intone centre backs Hooiveld will crack every time.

I'm also still to be convinced that Gaston wasn't anything more than a vanity signing at £12 million. Think how much better we'd be with Michu who cost £2 million and two £5 million defenders in the team.

I wouldn't be unhappy never to see Fox play LB again. United scored from a free kick awarded against Rodrigues, who was doing Fox's job for him. We need better cover than Fox for when Shaw is injured, if we're to advance up the table. If we don't bring anybody in today, then maybe Forren or one of the other CBs can cover for him.

I wouldn't be unhappy never to see Fox play LB again. United scored from a free kick awarded against Rodrigues, who was doing Fox's job for him. We need better cover than Fox for when Shaw is injured, if we're to advance up the table. If we don't bring anybody in today, then maybe Forren or one of the other CBs can cover for him.

Rodriguez gave away a free kick by fouling his man... Man uniteds right back..

Time and time again, phil jones got lots of freedom. Unless you think fox should be marking two players

Apologies if already mentioned, but is it possible to get 2nd half stats anywhere? Possession must have been about 70% for us?!

As good as Boruc's saves were Morgs had to be MotM tonight, his tackling is just immense these days and makes so many lung-busting runs to get into position, it's just a joy to watch!

Strange, big fan of Morgan, but I thought he was very poor 1st half. One of his least effective games and stupid booking.

Rodriguez gave away a free kick by fouling his man... Man uniteds right back..

Time and time again, phil jones got lots of freedom. Unless you think fox should be marking two players

Yes, Rodrigues gave away the free kick, being a typical striker, clumsy in the tackle. Fox should have been there. What has it being United's right back who was fouled got to do with anything? Doesn't our right back Clyne get forward sometimes? Difference is, he's quick enough and bright enough to get back and do his job. Fox isn't.

Yes, Rodrigues gave away the free kick, being a typical striker, clumsy in the tackle. Fox should have been there. What has it being United's right back who was fouled got to do with anything? Doesn't our right back Clyne get forward sometimes? Difference is, he's quick enough and bright enough to get back and do his job. Fox isn't.

Rodriguez gave away a free kick tracking jones from his own half.

In what way was fox supposed to be there instead of marking his own player

Are you suggesting we should have gone 2-1 on their player on the half way line??

Blame fox. Nice one

Not seen anything for the second half only, but looking at the difference between Sky's stats and the BBC's for the game as a whole, it makes you wonder if these figures mean anything at all anyway. BBC - 50% possession. Sky - 57% Saints

Brilliant second half and we should hammer Wigan if we can keep up this pressure.

Just this lingering doubt I have that I hope our upfront energetic style is not replicating the first ten days of the season when Nigel's (admittedly less experienced team) attacked strongly but left themselves open at the back. Thank goodness Boruc is back to his international form. That gives me most hope. So long as the players can maintain stamina for the very exhaustive few months ahead..

Meanwhile, terrific show lads. On to Wigan!

Wish we had a bit more threat in the last third. We work great positions but need a ruthless finisher.

the zero contribution from Gaston doesn't help. Expected great things of him last night what with Utd's ramshackle defence and all but there was just nothing from him at all. Something's not right with him as I see it.

Never a free kick for the second. Jones went down under a standard tackle and the ref gave the free kick. Soft as ****. Looking for the free kick from the moment he got the ball. Suckered the ref, but that's not so hard is it? Especially at OT. Very sloppy play from Schneiderlin for the first as well, stretched for a ball he should have left and played Rooney right in 5 yards outside our box. Great second half though - bodes well for the future. If we let those standards drop Saturday I will be mightily ****ed off. Deliver the performance, and the points should take care of themselves Saturday. Wigan is Pochettinos first acid test.

Sat amongst the 'Prawns' last night up in the Gods. For a stadium that big Saints sang louder and the only time the 'Plastics' around me made any noise is when they scored. Never a free kick for the second goal and I honestly believe that Rooney was offside; and how did he get away with that handball? Artur was outstanding and my MoM.

PS The shirt tugging by Vidic actually tore the neck of SRL's shirt.

I was at the game yesterday, [sARCASM]and i'm so looking forward to doing that trip again on Saturday[/sARCASM]. What struck me about OT and Man Utd is how much of an "industry" they are. They're more of a commercial enterprise than a football club nowadays, which is a shame. It was a good game though, good performance in the second half and a good atmosphere created by our 1700 fans (more than their 70000 fans could muster).

- Man Utd fans are hushed, soulless consumers

- There need to be a few more away pubs near the ground (or in fact, AN away pub)

- Phil Jones is an almighty diving bellend

- The referees ineptitude to give 50/50s to anyone but Man Utd was ridiculous (but what do you expect)

- We need to get a little "dirty" against big teams, need a midfield unit we can put in the centre to boss things

- We had Man Utd running scared for most of the second half

- We deserved a point

Old Trafford was the 50th league ground I've been to with Saints, and has to be up there with the quietest. SuperMikey got it spot on saying about how it's a commercial enterprise, it really was shocking. It's a sad situation when 70,000 home fans allow 1700 away fans to out sing them all game. United offered nothing in response.

We certainly got off to a flyer but it was always going to be hard to hold on for 89 minutes... Thought United did well to limit our attacking options, every time they broke forward they looked dangerous but Rooney's first was too easy for them. Also, I've never seen someone the size of Phil Jones go down so easily under a tackle. What ever happened to players showing their strength, he went fell over at the earliest moment possible!

Second half substitutions were spot on, we outplayed United at Old Trafford for 45 minutes and with a bit of luck we would have got a point. They still looked dangerous going forward but Boruc had a great game. He has definitely proved why he should be our number 1 in the past few games. That save was world class!

If we can take that second half level of performance into Wigan on Saturday then we'll have no problems. Everton and United were always going to be difficult, I think Wigan is Pochettino's first big test.

In the home stand above us, I saw two people I know from where I live near Winchester. One is a United "fan", in only his second visit to Old Trafford. The other is a Pompey fan... I know supporting Pompey at this time is difficult, but why would you go on a 400 mile round trip to watch your rivals play!?