Season Tickets 2013/14

Saint Garrett

*gulp*

I've just hit the 'confirm' button for my ST renewal and via the magic of the debit card that's a hefty £610 - a lot of money on my income - that has just gone the way of all flesh. Before anyone else says it, I know it's my choice what I do with my money and no one is twisting my arm etc ... but football is becoming a stupidly expense business for the less well off to indulge themselves in.

For those that have renewed online, have they started sending them out yet? I move out of my flat on 28th June but obviously only have until the 21st to get the cheaper price.

If not I'll just go down to the ticket office to pay 'n pick up that way.

For those that have renewed online, have they started sending them out yet? I move out of my flat on 28th June but obviously only have until the 21st to get the cheaper price.

If not I'll just go down to the ticket office to pay 'n pick up that way.

I'm sure some people did not get theirs until a week or so before the first game last season

Anyone had a problem trying to buy 2 adult tickets and 1 U 11 free in the family section. This is what I had last year. When I get to check out it does not take off the £105 for the U11. I don't want to just go ahead and try and get the money back from the club.

Renewed my four today. Anyone else that did it today get a bonus autograph?

Nope - I renewed at the TO but didn't get one of those! Surprisingly large queue when I arrived, half-expected to walk straight up and pay.

Nope - I renewed at the TO but didn't get one of those! Surprisingly large queue when I arrived, half-expected to walk straight up and pay.

No autographs today but a surprising queue. Some people taking a long time apparently moving their seats which I thought was not going to happen until next Monday. I just managed to be in, finished and out again within 15 minutes ( no jokes please, it's not so funny at my age and condition ;))

What a sensible thing to do. It's what I do too, as there is usually no problem parking across the road or on the industrial estate near Freeborn's during the week, or on a single line close by on a weekend after the season has ended.

But there are some on here who prefer to park in the stadium car park and then bleat about how hard done by they are when they have to pay if they are there for more than 15 minutes.

Or, the club could indicate they're not just money-grabbing arses who don't give a sh11t about the fans by issuing car park validation for free whenever I pitch up as part of a group spending over four grand at their ticket office. Seems reasonable, stops the locals using the car park for free and doesn't p155 off their customers, which, you'd hope, would be one of the goals of an organisation wanting to encourage business.

Or, the club could indicate they're not just money-grabbing arses who don't give a sh11t about the fans by issuing car park validation for free whenever I pitch up as part of a group spending over four grand at their ticket office. Seems reasonable, stops the locals using the car park for free and doesn't p155 off their customers, which, you'd hope, would be one of the goals of an organisation wanting to encourage business.

Exactly. Most other businesses where you paid several thousand pound would offer you a comfy seat and a cup of coffee as well.

No autographs today but a surprising queue. Some people taking a long time apparently moving their seats which I thought was not going to happen until next Monday. I just managed to be in, finished and out again within 15 minutes ( no jokes please, it's not so funny at my age and condition ;))

All of us old boys who have been kicked out of the seats we have occupied since SMS opened have been allowed to transfer early

All of us old boys who have been kicked out of the seats we have occupied since SMS opened have been allowed to transfer early

Seems like everyone who goes to the ticket office can. I moved and bought a new ST for my son at the same time. She didn't mention anything about filling in a form and waiting.

That certainly does stink, they wrote to me regarding my wife's new customer number on un linking our account but Absolutley chuff all about not being able to renew in block 20. Seems a bit "that will be another £164 please you Mug" "next". A we do apologise for the inconvenience doesn't cost that much.

Anyone on zebra finance who wants to change the dd date its really easy. You have to wait until June payment goes out and can then change subsequent dates by calling them. I called them a minute ago and sorted it, with me they took Junes payment by debit card and changed payments from 23rd to 1st of month, but you can wait until first payment has come out if you want.

Has anyone got an electronic copy of a blank 'transfer request' form they could email me or make available online? We need to move to cheaper seats and have renewed our current seats online (as instructed by the TO) and emailed the TO for a form. No reply as yet other than the automatic response (promising a reply within 7 days when busy) and I would obviously like to get my hands on a form asap ... thought this route might be quicker than emailing/phoning the TO again.

I am online now trying to buy season tickets but can't get it to add all three adults and one child as it exceeds the number of adults to children in the family stand. This is a new rule nobody had made us aware of!! Despite sending all of us individual letters and emails telling us to renew!

So what can I do, I can't renew the seats I have and then move stands I phone up the ticket line and they cut me off too busy to take my call!

What should I do? At this rate you will be losing 4 season ticket holders as we quite like the seats we have paid the privilege for all season and don't see why we should move.

I am online now trying to buy season tickets but can't get it to add all three adults and one child as it exceeds the number of adults to children in the family stand. This is a new rule nobody had made us aware of!! Despite sending all of us individual letters and emails telling us to renew!

So what can I do, I can't renew the seats I have and then move stands I phone up the ticket line and they cut me off too busy to take my call!

What should I do? At this rate you will be losing 4 season ticket holders as we quite like the seats we have paid the privilege for all season and don't see why we should move.

Email tickets@saintsfc.co.uk they have sorted most things I have asked them.

I renewed my STs on Monday, parked across the road for free, unlimited parking. I've switched to the family stand from the Northam, taking young son along next season for his first Saints indoctrination, instead of adult son. For all this talk of having to renew your existing ST seats and then request a transfer, there was no need for that. The whole thing was arranged in about 5 minutes flat. No question of me paying any £10 fee to make the change either.

1.4 Season Ticket Moves – In order to be eligible for a Season Ticket seat transfer you must renew your current seat. Only a limited number of seat transfers will be actioned in any one season. Transfer requests must be made in writing no later than Saturday 22 June 2013. You will be notified in writing if your transfer request has been unsuccessful. Successful Transfer requests will be contacted with the offer of a new seat during the week commencing 24 June 2013. No further Transfer requests will be actioned at any time during the course of the season. All transfer requests will be subject to a £10 administration fee for each transfer.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-terms/#YLX501gluB5AvFSw.99

But if you obviously feel strongly about the car parking charges, I assume that you have written to the club suggesting that there be some process in place so that those buying tickets or merchandise can have their car parking ticket validated? Or why don't you start a thread on here to see whether there is widespread support for such an idea? If there was, then there would be some pressure on the Club to consider it. But for myself, I see no problem with parking across the road for free.

I renewed my STs on Monday, parked across the road for free, unlimited parking. I've switched to the family stand from the Northam, taking young son along next season for his first Saints indoctrination, instead of adult son. For all this talk of having to renew your existing ST seats and then request a transfer, there was no need for that. The whole thing was arranged in about 5 minutes flat. No question of me paying any £10 fee to make the change either.

But if you obviously feel strongly about the car parking charges, I assume that you have written to the club suggesting that there be some process in place so that those buying tickets or merchandise can have their car parking ticket validated? Or why don't you start a thread on here to see whether there is widespread support for such an idea? If there was, then there would be some pressure on the Club to consider it. But for myself, I see no problem with parking across the road for free.

The only problem I can see is that the road is full and has been every time that I have ever gone to the ticket office. It was full las Monday morning when I renewed mine.

The only problem I can see is that the road is full and has been every time that I have ever gone to the ticket office. It was full las Monday morning when I renewed mine.

There is a myriad of alternatives if Britannia Road is full, just opposite the gasworks. Victoria St, Rochester St, Guildford St, Wilson St, Cable St, Peel St. I have never failed to find somewhere there a minute or so away. On a Saturday which isn't a match day, you can park on the Industrial Estate adjacent to Chapel Road on a single yellow line all day for free. I'm a cheapskate (nothing to do with those Skates!) and just don't ever pay for parking. Even on match days I park only a short distance from the stadium for free all day.

The industrial estate behind the Chapel has plenty of free parking and is less than a 3 minute walk away. If no one was paying to park and people were mentioning it to the ticket office/megastore staff I'm sure it would feed back to whoever made the decision pretty quickly.

That's because they won't be sending them out until after they have reviewed the seat transfer requests' date=' which they'll start doing on Monday.[/quote']

Why as I haven't moved at, same places as last year!

It would be interesting to know how many that have been forced to move have said stick it, I know of six and not because they have to pay another £80.00 for their ST it's because they have to move away from people they have become mates with over the years.

Hello,

Can someone who used the Zebra option online confirm what sort of confirmation they received?

I completed what seemed to be all the steps (I did my online signature after inputting the SMS code etc...) but all I got was a screen saying it was complete. I haven't received an email from the club or Zebra since. Is that normal? Cheers!

Hello,

Can someone who used the Zebra option online confirm what sort of confirmation they received?

I completed what seemed to be all the steps (I did my online signature after inputting the SMS code etc...) but all I got was a screen saying it was complete. I haven't received an email from the club or Zebra since. Is that normal? Cheers!

After a day or two you should see it in your transaction history on the Saints ticketing website, Zebra will also send you a confirmation letter within a week.

Alternatively you could phone Zebra on 0845 6341199 and ask them.

Thanks Matt-chew.

I was good spiritedly trying to save my employer the cost of a phone call. Anyhow, I have called Zebra and this scenario is apparently normal and your response is correct! :) :) It takes the club's systems a few days to update and there is no email confirmation. Just a postal one after a few days.

I am "in that number". Lovely stuff.

It would be interesting to know how many that have been forced to move have said stick it, I know of six and not because they have to pay another £80.00 for their ST it's because they have to move away from people they have become mates with over the years.

My old Man nearly did, he was told he had to move out of the family centre, his ticket was bought seperately to ours & wasn't linked in with them. The guy who served him was particularly unhelpful & didn't want to know, when Pops threatened not to renew if he couldn't sit with me & his grand kids, someone else stepped in & linked his ticket to ours.

I guess the guys who sit in front of us have had to move as the youngest is now 21, they've been sat there since the stadium opened, it's a shame because we have no way of contacting each other.

A girl at work's brother in law has registered her 3 year old so they can stay in the family centre as it was free I think for the child or else they had to move and incur a £400 increase in price, and they don't really have to take him, bizarre really, but you gotta play the system I suppose.

I was away working in Italy until 21 June and thought the deadline was at the end of the day (it was 5 pm). Panic stations - tried to renew online but it wouldn't work so tried phoning but answerphone kept saying everyone was busy - phone back later. Missed deadline so sent email and then tried on the ticket line this morning at 9.30 am. Given complete brush off by someone called Ben (who apparently is based in Devon with the ticket agency) - told to try on 1 July at the higher rate but no guarantee of my seat. Could not have cared less about the problems I had faced. I then tried the customer services and a very sympathetic bloke sorted everything out with the minimum of fuss. Could not have been more helpful - complete opposite of Ben in Devon. Well done customer services - very good for Saints' reputation (unlike the agency in Devon).

My friend wants to swap seats next to me (the lady who has been next to me said she wasn't renewing). She has sent the form in but are the ticket office doing the seat swapping over the phone and at the ticket office too ?

I worry that the form may not get done by say tomorrow or something and somebody could walk down there today and get the seat she wants.

Would it be worth calling the ticket office to try to sort over the phone or are they not really doing it that way ?

anybody know

My friend wants to swap seats next to me (the lady who has been next to me said she wasn't renewing). She has sent the form in but are the ticket office doing the seat swapping over the phone and at the ticket office too ?

I worry that the form may not get done by say tomorrow or something and somebody could walk down there today and get the seat she wants.

Would it be worth calling the ticket office to try to sort over the phone or are they not really doing it that way ?

anybody know

Do it over the phone today to guarantee it, just quote the seat you want to move from to and they will do it, mate did it at the weekend.

Edited by mcjwills

Do it over the phone today to guarantee it, just quote the seat you want to move from to and they will do it, mate did it at the weekend.

Just called them up and they not taking them over the phone and said they not been doing for people walking up there and then.

She said all the requests are put into a database and then they will be letting people know this week.

It's done on a first come first serve basis, so if 2 people put in for the same seat it would be the person who handed in the form first.

Emailed Saints last week re Season Tickets being posted out, this was their response.

Dear....,

Season tickets are currently being sent out in batches and as there is a large volume of tickets being sent out, it may be staggered quite extensively. Tickets should arrive within 1-2 weeks and please contact us if they have not arrived by then.

Kind regards

Ticket Office

Southampton FC

I guess the guys who sit in front of us have had to move as the youngest is now 21, they've been sat there since the stadium opened, it's a shame because we have no way of contacting each other.

If you've sat with eachother for over 10 years and never swapped phone numbers it's probably not that sad really.