Danny Ings

simo

Was at the game, he looked decent and absolutely roasted Jos for their second. Could be good for us but not for the money they would probably want.

Pretty sure most of us could give Jos a hard game if we were playing

Only posting on this because the thread wasn't started by a wnaker. We have had a seriously bloated squad in the past and now have a too lean one. So Ings might fit into a squad somewhere in between. But LB. GK, CB are still more important.

Interview with him in today's match programme. I don't think he enjoyed playing second fiddle to Jrod and Austin last couple of seasons seems to be enjoying being first choice striker (with a good chance of PL football next season)so I don't think he'd move to be down the pecking order at saints. Come across as a big saints fan though. Surprised how many Hampshire boys were in the Burnley team seems like Eddie how took half of the South coast to Burnley when he moved there.

Jordan Rhodes would be better

Jordan Rhodes did not start against Man City today because his manager says he cannot play a lone striker role, he is not mobile enough. So no chance of him coming here unless you are looking for another player to bait.

Back on topic, pleased to see Danny play today, used to see him play as a youngster, he was decent then but never thought he would make a pro at championship level. Hats off to him, he has worked hard and made the most of his chances. Hope is becomes an inspiration for other kids playing in the Tyro League.

I refer the group to the Match Thread, post #351, where I am seriously suggesting we make an approach for both Vokes and Ings. I see them as strikers 3 and 4, replacing the likes of Sharp, Barnard, Lee and Guly. Together they are very good, and both Saints fans.

No chance of that, the only way to progress is to buy first team players, "improve your weakness", and our recent purchases suggest that is the way we operate now.

I would put him alongside Hooper and that calibre of player. He will clearly do a good job in the Premiership, but at the moment at least I don't see him doing it for a team pushing for top-6 finishes next season. Lower-to-Mid table Premiership would be a better match.

As said in a previous thread on this subject, there is a reason the other teams pushing for top-6 aren't currently in for him.

Was in town last night with him as he used to play with one of my mates when he went to Hamble school. Was saying he would leave if Burnley don't get promoted but otherwise for now he's happy and wants to stay.

Was in town last night with him as he used to play with one of my mates when he went to Hamble school. Was saying he would leave if Burnley don't get promoted but otherwise for now he's happy and wants to stay.

I went to Hamble with him too. Used to drink with him at a pub in Netley too.

Saints fan is he?

Same for vokes?

I was year above him at Netley junior school, he played in our year group for Hamble Harriers/Itchen Boys cos he was too good for his age group. Never remember him supporting anyone at that age although we would have only been 8/9/10 years old-ish.

Vokes is definitely a Saints fan, I went to college with his cousin, who came across as a massive Bournemouth fan. Then when Vokes moved to Wolves, he became a massive Wolves fan, gave it the large one when they beat us.