Cortese to go?

Bewildered

Thanks mr Cortese,the right decisions at the right time,superb leadership throughout his tenure ship.

He's been brilliant. Such a shame if he goes,the recent stability at the helm has been a revelation.

He isn't going anywhere chumps.

The Liebherrs will bale,not him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Cortese leaves, can I be the first to say I couldn't give the tiniest s h1 t.

He's not a nice man.

Nice or not (and I have no idea what he's really like, and I doubt many, if any, on here really do) he has been a key player in saving our club and putting us in the healthiest position we've been in in my adult life.

Can I be the nth person to say that if Cortese leaves it would be extremely disappointing.

Awful news. If he goes then Poch has said he will leave too. If both go, expect a number of our top players to leave. Everything that has been build could easily go right down the pan and we could be back where we started very very shortly. Hopefully it's pure speculation and not true but I have a feeling that all these reports mean something is going to happen.

If Cortese leaves, can I be the first to say I couldn't give the tiniest s h1 t.

He's not a nice man.

Irrelevant, just like all the other criticisms a couple of clowns on here like to throw at him like, "he struts around like he owns the place", "he's mean", "he charges for parking", "he doesn't like our precious franny" and "no body likes him".

The only thing that matters is how successful he has been, and what an incredible job he is doing here. If he goes, that's what will be worth talking about, not the silly nonsense a few like to talk about on this forum.

At my old age I have finally realised that there is no point in worrying about something

you have no way whatsoever to influence. No-one on here can influence whether NC etc

stays or goes so why worry ?

I am 100% sure that the sun will still rise in the morning and set in the evening, your families and

pets will still love you as they do now, your job and most of your lifestyle won't be affected ( unless

you use the excuse of "going to the football" to have an affair :lol: ) so just carry on as normal.

Finally IF NC does leave I am confident some other very wealthy people will jump at the chance

of taking over from him, remember Saints are a PL club not a minor L1 club. However IF they don't

so what? Re-read what I have written above.

"Keep calm and carry on" :lol:

As has been discussed previously in these topics whenever they come round, it is only a matter of time before Cortese buys the club from the Liebherr estate. I really think that this has been his strategy all the way. It was him who attracted the Liebherrs to the club so it would only make sense to start accelerating the process once profitability became feasible.

"You know I'm your buyer! Help me out and I'll stop annoying you soon enough!" is what that DM article should read.

Spot on. He's always wanted control of the Club, so this is just some more media pressure to get there. I would be very surprised if he hasn't either got a) the money or b) a collective who has got the money to buy the Liebherr estate out. He has had something at SFC he couldn't get elsewhere - a chance to create something from a blank canvas. He wouldn't get that anywhere else.

Spot on. He's always wanted control of the Club, so this is just some more media pressure to get there. I would be very surprised if he hasn't either got a) the money or b) a collective who has got the money to buy the Liebherr estate out. He has had something at SFC he couldn't get elsewhere - a chance to create something from a blank canvas. He wouldn't get that anywhere else.

I have to agree with both of the above, N.C. is a shrewd man and remember him being quoted years ago that he knew of other parties that would be interested in buying saints, so this whole scenario sounds like a game of poker right now with my money on N.C.

Interesting that they waited till were safe in prem this season before letting such a destabilising story out. Suggests it is true.

The long term effects will depend totally on the finances and quality of any new owners and new chairman. Pray we don't end up with a Cardiff scenario.

Short term is a worry re holding onto our top talents. Next season especially could be very awkward and potentially a relegation scrap.

A

Quite an odd article, with big old words like "almost intolerable conditions" but no real feel for what is so intolerable.

Which could possibly be interpreted as "she won't give me no more money off to the Mail I go".

Anyway. We do our business "the right way", don't we everyone?

strange development?.....can it be a "destabilising campaign" orchestrated by some darker powers through the media ?...or something more serious?

.......Can we expect a flat denial from SMS....or ? one way or another it nees clarification and soon.

We (who remember it) can still recall the fall-out after Gordon Strachan's departure.

Interesting that they waited till were safe in prem this season before letting such a destabilising story out. Suggests it is true.

The long term effects will depend totally on the finances and quality of any new owners and new chairman. Pray we don't end up with a Cardiff scenario.

Short term is a worry re holding onto our top talents. Next season especially could be very awkward and potentially a relegation scrap.

A

Like 'they' did back end of last season you mean? Waited until just before the Stoke game and we were safe and suddenly Cortese was considering his position, just like now.

This would be hugely dissappointing but at the same time its not the end of the club or gonna lead us into guaranteed meltdown. Even if MP does follow.

It would be far more concerning if the Liebherrs were pulling out.

And like someone said we would have our stripes back! Its really is never a dull day at Saints.

Given a choice between the Liebherrs and Cortege I'd take the Liebherrs every time. It's their money which has turned the club around, not all of it well spent.

That makes total sense Tim.

But then just imagine this scenario...

NC Hey Boss We want to buy a CB.

CL OK well you can get 30 million for Shaw so go do it.......

Not saying in anyway that is true, but after all we have been through, and what we envisage the Project to be, how would YOU respond in this Hypothetical situation if you were NC?

I

Surely the NC isnt dumb enough to think the same PR trick will work again 6 months after the last one.

On the other hand why would NC walk away from the club with nowhere else to go after having laid so many long term plans, would be pointless for him.

He always talked about a five year plan and isn't that up in the summer?

That makes total sense Tim.

But then just imagine this scenario...

NC Hey Boss We want to buy a CB.

CL OK well you can get 30 million for Shaw so go do it.......

Not saying in anyway that is true, but after all we have been through, and what we envisage the Project to be, how would YOU respond in this Hypothetical situation if you were NC?

Well I don't really want to support a club that exists only on an infinite supply of free money.

COrtese and co have spoken about sustainable success - if he can't do that, then maybe we should find someone who can.

Or how about.

We paid 30 mil for the club, give us our money back by selling Shaw......

Sooooooooooooooo many unknown unknowns at this time

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the cash being waved around for Shaw from Citeh. Goes against the ethos he's trying to establish, but it's also a ridiculous amount of cash!?

Timing is interesting.

As someone as already said, we're in a transfer window. A couple of days before this happens, there is apparent interest from the likes of Milan.

Makes you wonder whether NC has pals back in Italy tub-thumping for him.