Sunderland v Saints Match Thread

ALWAYS_SFC

He's gone backwards this year, I'm not sure he will make it if I'm honest, he's not strong enough and doesn't get nearly involved enough, not just here he was dreadful away at Chelsea and Newcastle as well

Yes we were just saying the same thing.....

Just goes to show again that our strength in depth just isn't there. Out side of the first 11 there is very little to call on....

Quite a clear out still required .....

To all who are whinging about the team selection, theres this thing called periodization. When you push your body to max, it needs time to recover. When you dont give it enough time to recover you can get 'overtrained', and as our high pressing game means the players have to be incredibly fit, its likely some players will be nearing that. When overtrained, you become more injury prone, have low energy levels and feel weak. So making all these changes is necessary for the players fitness levels.

I bet if this was a league game our strongest 11 would be on the pitch periodization or not

To all who are whinging about the team selection, theres this thing called periodization. When you push your body to max, it needs time to recover. When you dont give it enough time to recover you can get 'overtrained', and as our high pressing game means the players have to be incredibly fit, its likely some players will be nearing that. When overtrained, you become more injury prone, have low energy levels and feel weak. So making all these changes is necessary for the players fitness levels.

Why not rest players on Sat then against West Ham, both teams are all but safe

So you think we would have played this side if it had been a league game?

We don't look like scoring do we?

God I f*cking hate Pochettino right now

Well I'm glad Lawrie Mac thought our pro's were fit enough to withstand the earlier rounds back in 76 to go on and win the FA cup .

Let's not forget that JWP didn't have any break last summer and chose to play. Sadly it's caught up with him and we get to see the result of not taking a break to sharpen up his game. Be a huge mistake for anyone to write him off. He'll be back and stronger than ever.