Pochettino would "jump at the chance to manage PSG"

FleetCasual

It's got quotes...but I somehow doubt he told beIN Sports anything.

Either way, the idea of 'jumping at the chance' is not in them or the original beIN Sports article. Those quotes constitute a perfectly reasonable answer, whether he said them or not. What I'm curious about is whether he answered in English, considering the grammar is so poor.

He doesn't actually say "jump at the chance". Asked if he'd like to manage PSG one day he says "sure why not?" Very different. Oddly enough lots of places are quoting BeIn Sports as the source of the comments, but I cant find any mention of it BeIn.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mauricio-pochettino-39-m-open-152600105--sow.html

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2014/02/23/4640425/pochettino-i-want-to-manage-psg-one-day

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/461377/Southampton-s-Mauricio-Pochettino-has-Paris-Saint-Germain-dream

Worth noting it's from the daily express so that tells you all you need to know about it's reliability.

Thought I'd share anyway.

Cheers for sharing.

I think your hunch is correct... The article follows journalistic principle number 1: Don't publish the wording of the question that was used to extract a juicy quotation.

Reporter: "if/when you leave [insert current club] sometime in the distant future, would you ever consider managing [insert a former club]?"

Manager: "Of course, why not?"

Of course, if PSG came knocking tomorrow he'd consider it sooner rather than later as well :)

typical low class journalism, by baiting the interviewee with a " loaded question...".. its not about getting information, ideas or comment, butmerely " fabricating a headline " for tomorrows story..

the next "newssource " to print that story will upgrade it even more into a major story and have a photo of him buying an airline ticket to Paris...yeah, yeah..:lol:.

Manager says he would like to manager former club, who are one of the biggest in their country, in the champions league and absolutely loaded, wow, shock. But let's all have a go at the journalist, the paper, dissect every word of the article and interview and pretend it was all made up by those nasty papers and howible, scum bag journos asking loaded questions. Do anything but don't dare admit the the might want a job other than at super, massive, mega club saints.

He'd jump at the chance to manage any CL club next season let's not kid ourselves, most managers would. Clubs show no loyalty to managers who why should they show any in return? Look at Laudrup linked with top jobs, stays and then promptly sacked.

Laudrup was sacked because he wouldn't fully commit on his future at Swansea as Hue Jenkins said 'to get rid of the uncertainty'.

Manager says he would like to manager former club, who are one of the biggest in their country, in the champions league and absolutely loaded, wow, shock. But let's all have a go at the journalist, the paper, dissect every word of the article and interview and pretend it was all made up by those nasty papers and howible, scum bag journos asking loaded questions. Do anything but don't dare admit the the might want a job other than at super, massive, mega club saints.

Yes -its depressing how people fail to grasp your recurring theme that journalists are the fount of all truth.

Despite Turkish's whine about how the Red Top newspapers are disparaged by us for their embellishment of some little snippet of information, in order to turn it into an exclusive coup, this is exactly what they have done here.

As has already been pointed out, there is no mention at all of Pochettino saying that he would jump at the chance. And you also have to love the implied inference that despite only having been here a year, Pochettino is already looking to move on to bigger and better things.

Despite the heap of evidence that abounds in the newspapers of fabricated or embellished stories regarding our players, management and owners historically, it is quite endearing that anybody is prepared to be an apologist for them.

Despite Turkish's whine about how the Red Top newspapers are disparaged by us for their embellishment of some little snippet of information, in order to turn it into an exclusive coup, this is exactly what they have done here.

As has already been pointed out, there is no mention at all of Pochettino saying that he would jump at the chance. And you also have to love the implied inference that despite only having been here a year, Pochettino is already looking to move on to bigger and better things.

Despite the heap of evidence that abounds in the newspapers of fabricated or embellished stories regarding our players, management and owners historically, it is quite endearing that anybody is prepared to be an apologist for them.

What's even more endearing is that someone who has someone on ignore and who has often lamblasted other posters not to quote the person on ignore, still continues to comment on posts they've made. Aint that right, Les?

Yes -its depressing how people fail to grasp your recurring theme that journalists are the fount of all truth.

Not exactly a difficult concept nor jouno scoop of the millenium is it. Midtable premier league manager would like to manage former club who are now loaded in the champions league, should such an opporutnity become available. Yet some people seem to want to scream and scream and scream that it's all the nasty journos and papers making up stories again and asking loaded questions. Waaah wahhh He didn't actually say that and i'm going to stamp my feet, put my fingers in my ears and sulk until someone shows me the quote where he did.

Not exactly a difficult concept nor jouno scoop of the millenium is it. Midtable premier league manager would like to manage former club who are now loaded in the champions league, should such an opporutnity become available. Yet some people seem to want to scream and scream and scream that it's all the nasty journos and papers making up stories again and asking loaded questions. Waaah wahhh He didn't actually say that and i'm going to stamp my feet, put my fingers in my ears and sulk until someone shows me the quote where he did.

I can't see many people saying that the story is "made up" or that MP "didn't actually say that". All people are doing is highlighting the way newspapers take an answer to a question and turn it into a sensationalist headline. MP might have said what's reported, or he might not. What we do know is that there is no context surrounding the quote.

As you say, it's not a difficult concept to grasp but what's the harm in highlighting something that's obvious? I think in a roundabout way we're all in wild agreement here: Newspaper embellishes story shocker...

Edited by trousers

I can't see many people saying that the story is "made up" or that MP "didn't actually say that". All people are doing is highlighting the way newspapers take an answer to a question and turn it into a sensationalist headline. MP might have said what's reported, or he might not. What we do know is that there is no context surrounding the quote.

Indeed Trousers but that wouldn't have let Turkish shoehorn-in one of his favourite themes.....yet again.

Back to the thread then there's no doubt that MP's stock is on the up and he won't be with us forever and it's a compliment to all at SFC if he is being associated with these positions. Let's enjoy his time with us whilst he's here.

Beware the Ides of March which is fast approaching! A very dangerous period for the club as past events have shown.

This reeks of Pochettino announcing what is his spiritual home. Can't see him getting the chance so long as they are doing so well.

I can't see many people saying that the story is "made up" or that MP "didn't actually say that". All people are doing is highlighting the way newspapers take an answer to a question and turn it into a sensationalist headline. MP might have said what's reported, or he might not. As you say, it's not a difficult concept to grasp but what's the harm in highlighting something that's obvious? I think in a roundabout way we're all in wild agreement here: Newspaper embellishes story shocker...

Cant you? You need to read the thread properly then. Plenty of posts whinning that he didn't actually say that and the journalist is senstationaling the story.

Here's another one for you. MP used to play for Argentina, he was born there and would no doubt jump at the chance to manage them. Senastionlist stuff, right? The fact that they wouldn't consider him because he'd play a weakened team in world cup and Copa America qualifiers as he isnt interested in cup competitions would rule him out is irrelevant of course.

If Pochettino goes to PSG in the summer some of you are going to look pretty silly.

They would but it will not happen. PSG are doing rather well under their present manager or hadn't you noticed MP is unproven at PL level let alone CL. He has a long way to go yet before being considered for a top job in Europe, that's why he's here; this project must succeed to even get him a bigger club in England. He will still be here next season unless sacked and if things don't get better next year he'll probably get the big heave-ho anyway and then nobody will care a toss.

We're constantly reminded on here of MPs awful win percentage, so surely he's not good enough for PSG? Nor should anyone care anyway, 4 wins in 17 is it? TBH I can take it or leave it with him, he's clearly a good manager, but there's others who could do a decent job with our squad. As a fan I don't feel as much of a connection or loyalty towards him, maybe part of the reason is the speaking Spanish. Despite his limitations, Nige was a top bloke and I was devastated when he left, I don't think it will be the same when Pochettino goes

We're constantly reminded on here of MPs awful win percentage, so surely he's not good enough for PSG? Nor should anyone care anyway, 4 wins in 17 is it? TBH I can take it or leave it with him, he's clearly a good manager, but there's others who could do a decent job with our squad. As a fan I don't feel as much of a connection or loyalty towards him, maybe part of the reason is the speaking Spanish. Despite his limitations, Nige was a top bloke and I was devastated when he left, I don't think it will be the same when Pochettino goes

Perhaps we should get him to come round and give you a hug.:)

Pap

Can anyone recommend a Saints forum where the posters support Saints?

Let me know when you find one .

They are quite reasonable and often more supportive here ...http://thepompeychimes.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&start=80

Pap

Can anyone recommend a Saints forum where the posters support Saints?

Let me know when you find one .

Can anyone recommend a Saints forum where the posters support Saints? :)

Itsbeautifuloutside

I've lurked on there for a bit. They are a good bunch, lacks the numbers and possibly a little bit intolerant of negativity, but a good antidote to here when the celebs come out flexing their muscles.